xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
SENV

Your First Web Site ? ...when, how, where...

hi, my first website wasn't a masterwork (they still aren't.. :D ) it was made with Tripod's site Builder.... With a couple of pictures of me, not much content.. my friends never got the link, i was just messing, and i'm still am... :D:D

My first Web site is in yahoo GeoCitiesits about news and image gallery and its in html format :D Its really fun its have music and imagesevery day i edit htmls page and upload itits very hard :D and next year i find hosting with cpanel and i try to learn php lan :D

My first site I hosted on Geocities. It was 4 years ago so I was either 10 or 11. I found my mom's HTML book and decided to get ahead of my Tech App's class. I could do forms by 7th grade and I was working on learning PHP and CGI...still not quite there, but I can understand it a bit better now. My intermediate intregrated technology into most of the core classes. To boot, we had mini-courses that you got to pick (4 or 8 every year depending on the length). I didn't start using Dreamweaver until late 8th grade, and although I prefer notepad, Dreamweaver helps me plan the design of my site. I used to love the colors "maroon" and "sage green" which I still enjoy...just not together. The site was blinding, but it served its purpose. Now at least, I have tendencies to actually use CSS instead of getting something that would break the W3C validator with its mistakes :D

Well my first site was made at angelfire. In fact i just looked it up and its still online. Look at it here. My First site! I was done with veeeery basic html. I was soooo suprised to see that it was still up. it took like a week to make it because i had hardly any idea what i was doing. I learned HTML and alot of other stuff and htmlgoodies.com/. It is ez to follow and step by step.

I also made another site right after it. It was about me and my friends dream to build a Nightclub. It is still our dream but it will be a normal club instead of a christian one. Check it out HERE. Alot of the pics dont show up because i didnt know how to put some pics on it without hotlinking them. So they dont exist anymore.

Oh man am I unique. :D My first website was not on Geocities or Angelfire, but it was a simple subprofile-site that I created by hand. The entire thing was able to be viewed in AIM's text browser, and because it's a text browser, images, tables, css, and other goodies were not available. I had well over 10 pages, but updating them all were a pain, so I stopped. The host that...hosted (for lack of a better word) my site was Thirdage if you're wondering.

My first website was a project from my high school. I was a freshman that year and I just knew about Internet, because I never used computers before. So you guys might think that I went trough hell doing it and added the fact that the only tools are allowed to use in the HTML coding is a notepad. Well, for some people it may be frustating, but not for me strangely. I kind'a enjoy doing it. I put a lot of effort to it, although when I looked at it again, it is kind'a childish. It is more like a Comic/Anime fan web mixed with personal information. A lot of pictures and MIDIs and GIFs were put in the web. So I guess it was an experiment for me to see how far I could go back then. As you guys may have figured it out by now that the theme of my web is Personal Hompage. As for the hosting, I chose the only site that I knew Yahoo! Hosting, or as many people know as Geocities. So the space is "kind'a" limited and the upload speed is also "kind'a" slow. Well, I guess that is my experience of creating my first website. Thank you for asking. :D:D:D