xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Mermaid711

Easy, Tasty, Health Foods? That a 14 year old can make?

Well hello there, dear reader.In the spirit of New Years, I figured I should start taking care of my self, and lay off that nasty cafeteria food.I would like some tasty and easy ideas that are high in fruits and veggies (but mostly fruits lol).I guess I should let you know that I like all fruits, with the exception of papayas (but I live in the USA so it's hard to find them here in the winter any way) and tomatoes (if you call that a fruit.) My favorite veggies are cucumbers, lettuce, broccolli, avacados, lima beans, potatoes, and green beans. My favorite meats are fish (with a prefrence to sushi and sashimi, but that won't keep in a lunch box) turkey and chicken. I do like other meets, but I find them to always leave me feeling like a fat *bottom* afterwards. . . lol. I do not like onions and asparagus, and as I said before tomatoes. Nuts are always yummy to me. I'm kinda big on peanut butter and I think I'm one of the only people my age who will eat whole-grain bread.As for drinks, I'm thinking about mixing a little club soda with some pomegranet and lemon juice and taking that. . . I'll still get my fizzies with out the crazy insane caffine intake. I dislike apple, grape, and orange juice (oh yes, I was hard to shop for as a little kid hahaha) but just about any other fruit juice I like. Pomegranet is my favorite though.I do like yogurt, and I do have a bit of a chocolate fetish. . . supposedly peanut butter and banannas is supposed to help with this craving.Any suggestions or recipes? Remember that it has to be able to keep from about 7:30 to between 11:36 and 12:07.

1. Lay down that peanut butter, you won't be needing it, throw it away :P2. If you want to cook, and your favorite meat is fish then search the net for some recipes,If you want something fast-to-make to keep you from 7:30 to between 11:36 and 12:07, Then I suggest a good breakfast (leave out the peanut butter tho) Some bread, cheese(if you like it), cucumbers or whatever you like to put on bread and (I was going to say orange juice :P) milk or coffee. Use margarine(not butter) on bread and cheese and cucumber slices. Do not use any kind of sauce or mayonnaise. You can make 2 of these if you like.Also eat an apple ( because it has lots of sugar and you won't get hungry so fast)You could also eat about 2 dl of yogurt at morning.I'm replieng this topic since anyone hasn't replied yet and I tought that this is better than nothing, hope I helped.

Well hello there, dear reader.
In the spirit of New Years, I figured I should start taking care of my self, and lay off that nasty cafeteria food.

I would like some tasty and easy ideas that are high in fruits and veggies (but mostly fruits lol).

I guess I should let you know that I like all fruits, with the exception of papayas (but I live in the USA so it's hard to find them here in the winter any way) and tomatoes (if you call that a fruit.) My favorite veggies are cucumbers, lettuce, broccolli, avacados, lima beans, potatoes, and green beans. My favorite meats are fish (with a prefrence to sushi and sashimi, but that won't keep in a lunch box) turkey and chicken. I do like other meets, but I find them to always leave me feeling like a fat *bottom* afterwards. . . lol. I do not like onions and asparagus, and as I said before tomatoes. Nuts are always yummy to me. I'm kinda big on peanut butter and I think I'm one of the only people my age who will eat whole-grain bread.

As for drinks, I'm thinking about mixing a little club soda with some pomegranet and lemon juice and taking that. . . I'll still get my fizzies with out the crazy insane caffine intake. I dislike apple, grape, and orange juice (oh yes, I was hard to shop for as a little kid hahaha) but just about any other fruit juice I like. Pomegranet is my favorite though.

I do like yogurt, and I do have a bit of a chocolate fetish. . . supposedly peanut butter and banannas is supposed to help with this craving.

Any suggestions or recipes? Remember that it has to be able to keep from about 7:30 to between 11:36 and 12:07.

You could always do this and mix your peanute butter and banannas with some of that chocolate spread it on a gram cracker. oh shoot thats smoores lol but yummy in the tummy

From what you described, sandwiches are your best bet. Try finding good loaves that are all-natural or at least close to it at your local grocer, and have fun making veggie sandwiches. Although having them last is a matter of luck I suppose...If you want a "meat" that lasts, fish is definitely your best solution. Try mixing tuna with vegetables in a dicer and make some tuna salad sandwiches. Although I must warn you first that tuna is high on mercury content, so I would definitely moderate that.Peanut butter is great, but it does get old fast, I admit.

Although I must warn you first that tuna is high on mercury content, so I would definitely moderate that.

Funny you should mention this mercury in tuna thing. I just read an articule I believe on the Consumer Freedom site about how animal rights idiots have been trying to scare people out of eating tuna because of mercury contamination, and in fact, this is hurting children in low income familys because tuna is a cheap source of omega fatty acids, (I forget the exact number of the particular element) Studys showed that children who did not get this nutrient did not do as well in school and had other problems as well, and the sad thing is there is not in most cases, actual truth in the mercury content of this valuable foodstuff.