xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
mahesh2k

Profiles To Follow On Twitter

These days I?m active on twitter and following some good bloggers and developers on twitter. They?re broadcasting some good tips on twitter apart from their blog. My intention behind this post is to know more about who to follow on twitter & to share the list that i follow on twitter.

Some twitter accounts i follow:

1) Foodimentary: This southern foodie tweets regularly with good food facts and quizzes. You?ll find a lot about food and stuff from his tweets. He also has blogspot blog. But his tweets on twitter are the one i would love to follow. :P

2) WritingSpirit: Julie writes excellent writing tips and so far I?ve counted it?s almost 199+ tips posted on twitter. As her site is accessible to only paid members, i found her tips on twitter a much better deal. :P

3) Books: From this twitter account, you?ll come to know more about book reviews, articles and news in books domain.

4) astropace: This twitter account doesn?t need any introduction. Lot of useful information is tweeted regularly.

More 12 profiles i would love to list here. But i?m not sure if everyone like this or not.

So if you know any twitter profile that you find worth to share with others then please do post about it here. I would like to go through tweets of those profiles.

These days Im active on twitter and following some good bloggers and developers on twitter. Theyre broadcasting some good tips on twitter apart from their blog. My intention behind this post is to know more about who to follow on twitter & to share the list that i follow on twitter.

Some twitter accounts i follow:

1) Foodimentary: This southern foodie tweets regularly with good food facts and quizzes. Youll find a lot about food and stuff from his tweets. He also has blogspot blog. But his tweets on twitter are the one i would love to follow. :P

2) WritingSpirit: Julie writes excellent writing tips and so far Ive counted its almost 199+ tips posted on twitter. As her site is accessible to only paid members, i found her tips on twitter a much better deal. :P

3) Books: From this twitter account, youll come to know more about book reviews, articles and news in books domain.

4) astropace: This twitter account doesnt need any introduction. Lot of useful information is tweeted regularly.

More 12 profiles i would love to list here. But im not sure if everyone like this or not.

So if you know any twitter profile that you find worth to share with others then please do post about it here. I would like to go through tweets of those profiles.

yes thoughs are some good ones, but here is one that I follow all the time.

1 barometerbob Great if you live on the US Coastal states. Bob like me keeps a very close eye on hurricanes

EOT, Checking that profile. :P

Some other profiles to look are:

1) Pacific Science Center : username is : "pacsci" Some news and links worth to follow. :P

2) CNN?s Breaking News Twitter : username is "cnnbrk".

3) Lisa Hoffman : Social media entrepreneur . username is "LisaHoffmann"

I'll post more, in meantime if you know any profile that worth to follow on twitter. then please do post it here.

More profiles to look for on Twitter:

1) Problogger: For tips/tricks and links to post on blogging by A-list blogger darrenrowse. username to follow is "problogger".

2) KathySierra : Programmer/Game developer and Author of Java Certification & Books. Her writing style is superb but she left blogging year ago. So only way to read her views is Twitter. Username to follow : "Kathysierra".

3) Skelliewag:- Blogger & Freelancer. She writes excellent articles on Blogging & usablility, freelancing. You can catch her articles on her blog skeliewag & anywired. Username to follow on twitter is "skelie".

4) Cookingcapsules: I thought you'll enjoy reading about android app. So posted somethig about it. USername to follow " cookingcapsules".

More profiles in next posts.

You should also follow:

1) ThisIsTrue - the maker of the ThisIsTrue email magazine which offers weird but true stories from around the world. His site.

2) factoryjoe - A really interesting dude endulging for opening up the web. His site. :P

I can't think of other interesting fellows...

Maybe you should just follow me too :P

I can't think of other interesting fellows...

Maybe you should just follow me too

Thanks for the input. and post when you think you find any interesting person to follow. I'll follow you. :P

1) Openspirit : Answers to FAQ's, interview questions, and tips on programming etc. Looks still new to me from the number of tweets. Username to follow "openspirit".

2) Ubuntutweets: Tweets related to ubuntu distribution & links/tips. Username to follow "ubuntutweets".

3) SilverlightNews : Feeds and links related to silverlight platform. Username to follow "Silverlightnews".

More will be in next post.

Is twitter just a network of blogs or something, so is it better than facebook or myspace? So, if I want to blog should I make a wordpress one or join twitter. Any of you got profiles i might want to look at to get a feel of it?

Is twitter just a network of blogs or something, so is it better than facebook or myspace? So, if I want to blog should I make a wordpress one or join twitter. Any of you got profiles i might want to look at to get a feel of it?

Well see Twitter like a micro-blogging service where the main idea is that you update your status but you can use it for whatever you want, from announcing your product, delivering news, promoting your blog etc. etc. and generally just to have fun! :P You only need an email address to sign up and a nickname to begin with :P

You can also search Twitter's updates from every person around the world here and more help about Twitter here.

Some more profiles:

1) Katmeyer: Book sales and marketing person. Excellent writer too. follow her username "KatMeyer".

2) Technorati: I found the Technorati's twitter account. Follow it here "Technorati".

3) Social Media Club : They promote media literacy, standards and best practices. Follow them,username is "socialmediaclub".

More profiles in next post.

More profiles for you to surf around twitter.

1) Readerville: Tweets about books/publishers and authors. Profile to folllow on twitter is " @readerville".

2) Astronautics : Profile about astronautics update. Expect tweets like " lauched mi-129, temp 34.8 F. " etc. :P Sometimes they even tweet news which is interesting. So if you're interested then follow them at "@Astronautics"

Have fun this weekend.

Let's have some science profiles. Some f the profiles from below list are known to you cause they're quite obvious. But some others are quite interesting.

Sciencenewsblog https://mobile.twitter.com/i/nojs_router?path=%2Fsciencenewsblog
Updates from science news blog

Space:  twitter.com/space/
Intersting space related updates.

NASA: https://mobile.twitter.com/i/nojs_router?path=%2Fnasa%2F
Try more of the NASA related profiles in it's followers list.

Science: https://mobile.twitter.com/i/nojs_router?path=%2Fscience%2F
Updates from variety of sceince branches.

Weather: https://mobile.twitter.com/i/nojs_router?path=%2Fweather
This obviously tracks weather related discussions.

Hope this helps. If you know more profiles on twitter which are interesting then do let me know. :D

I follow most of thoughs too on mine.
https://mobile.twitter.com/i/nojs_router?path=%2Fechoofthunder%2F
But only think I have found bad of twitter is that it is now becomming full of people spamming there how too's. Not a good network of people with helpful things anymore. Just spams

But only think I have found bad of twitter is that it is now becomming full of people spamming there how too's. Not a good network of people with helpful things anymore. Just spams

Think of it as trend. it will get slowed down. when spammer and wanna be money earners starts to jam the network for the sake of their advantage. This is problem for every social network. It's upto us to extract good out of these. again personal(social) choice i can say.