xisto Community
Azeen

Lets Make An Rpg Game Ideas For MMORPG Game

ok well tell me if you want to know people like you are hard to find ( trustworthy ) but like i said tell me when you are intrested in knowing and yes to
me this is a learning exp but as i said before i would like people to help where they can :P

The biggest issue is going to be find people who are doing it for learning. I'm sure that a lot would like to help but only if they really think they are going to make a lot of money off it or something.

Which, if we ended up getting a group together for it, we would need to discuss...I mean games like Runescape weren't meant to be as big as they are either, and now the owners make millions a year off it.

For those of you who don't know, Runescape was at one point 100% free without any ads or anything. The ads came once there were so many people that the hosting of the servers got to be too costly, and that's when it became the empire that it is today. It moved off to dedicated servers, added the ads, and later on added the subscription stuff to it.

For like 2 years it was 100% ad-free and all.

But not many people are going to want to help unless they feel that it will be the next Runescape or something. So we need to find those who want it to be a sport more than anything.

Haha, from a game developers point of view, Runescape is an atrocity. No game developer wants their game to be a runescape.Azeen, I personally do not have the time to work with you on this one, I am just trying to help you attract some team members.

Haha, from a game developers point of view, Runescape is an atrocity. No game developer wants their game to be a runescape.

Azeen, I personally do not have the time to work with you on this one, I am just trying to help you attract some team members.

Runescape has made quite a bit of money for something that was made with only a couple people and wasn't made to make money anyways. How's it horrible that a couple people made millions off a game they made for fun? Have you, as well?:P

Ok thats great work with rpgsearcherz if thats ok with him and you or you can just work independently i was thinking of somthing like blue ontop of black or somthing simmilar. Same goes for rpgsearcherz get together and find out if you will work together or not. As i say 2 brains are better than 1 :P:P

Get going on the game. I am not going to spend time developing a website if there isn't a game to match it. If you can assemble a team, tell me via PM or something. I would be glad to help.

Runescape has made quite a bit of money for something that was made with only a couple people and wasn't made to make money anyways. How's it horrible that a couple people made millions off a game they made for fun? Have you, as well?:P

Well, that's why I said a game developer and not a businessman. From a business man's perspective it's great, make millions of dollars for something that you didn't put in effort into making it bug free and such. From a game developer's point of view (I mean one who takes pride in their work) It isn't necessarily about money.

From a game developer's POV I would see Runescape as great, too. It has quite a bit of decent stuff in it.I, for one, have never made a game before. So to me, Runescape is a huge step up from where I currently stand, as would it be for many others who wish to make games.For the record, if we did an RPG, I think we should start with 2d. It will help learn the fundamentals and all. We would work on the storyline and whatnot, get to know each other, and then progress from there.Of course the game would not look as great as if it were 3d, but honestly I think one of the things that we're missing in this "group" that we may make, is the tight-knit friendships. We need to learn that we can depend on each other, that we can trust each other, and above all, we need to figure out who is really willing to help and who isn't.If we successfully got a 2d game up and out, then we could move on to possibly a 3d.

The biggest issue is going to be find people who are doing it for learning. I'm sure that a lot would like to help but only if they really think they are going to make a lot of money off it or something.
Which, if we ended up getting a group together for it, we would need to discuss...I mean games like Runescape weren't meant to be as big as they are either, and now the owners make millions a year off it.

For those of you who don't know, Runescape was at one point 100% free without any ads or anything. The ads came once there were so many people that the hosting of the servers got to be too costly, and that's when it became the empire that it is today. It moved off to dedicated servers, added the ads, and later on added the subscription stuff to it.

For like 2 years it was 100% ad-free and all.

But not many people are going to want to help unless they feel that it will be the next Runescape or something. So we need to find those who want it to be a sport more than anything.

Ive realy tried to find people that want to make this game work out but the prob is i cant find them. all of the ones i find are aready halfway through the

game and they need no help from me. And others arent trustworthy or wanting to agree on somthing. Also i like the idea of 2-D i think you have a point

there and it would be part of a learning experience, you would have to decide what time period it takes place in example : Medieval times , Battles in

space, or the present time. But if we were going to " make a group " then we would need to find out what the game would be about. i do have ideas but

it would be nice to have people pitch in what they think. The prob right now is that we need to make a team with honest people and people that dont

just do it for the money. thats the only prob right now.
Edited by Azeen (see edit history)

The leap from 2D to 3D has nothing to do with your experience as a game designer. The leap from 2D to 3D has to do only with your ability to do 3D math as opposed to 2D math. It is in the same fashion that you can go from a tile based 2d to a pixel based 2D game, it just has to do with how comfortable you are with the math involved. If you want to make a 3D game you are going to have to know how to do things like trigonometry in 3D space.

The leap from 2D to 3D has nothing to do with your experience as a game designer. The leap from 2D to 3D has to do only with your ability to do 3D math as opposed to 2D math. It is in the same fashion that you can go from a tile based 2d to a pixel based 2D game, it just has to do with how comfortable you are with the math involved. If you want to make a 3D game you are going to have to know how to do things like trigonometry in 3D space.

ok :P

And I'm assuming that the math required for 3d isn't harder than that required for 2d then? Is it not an upgrade?

If it is, then my point still stands. It's easier to start at the bottom(2d) and work your way up(3d) afterwards.

If you don't even know how to program in 2d, how could you possibly go out and make a 3d game?:P

No, my point is that it has nothing to do with programming experience or game making experience, it has to do with the ability to do the 3D math. You're saying that if a physicist with a PhD decided to make a game, he'd have to start with 2D?

Well u should know 2d for 3d graphics cause you need textures and stuff also what does a physicist with a PhD have to do with 3d graphics i know he's smart but smartness does not necessarily mean talented. Physics does not help that much in 3d graphics. U guyz talk about math but that is for programing and not modeling or creating models, textures for a game. Of course a 2d game is easier, because you don't have to model stuff just 2d artwork and the advantage is that everybody can run the game, cause it's low on requirements, but not the same impact like an 3d one. Also what i think it's important now is that games and developers should think about new game mechanics and not graphics, because everyone got bored with what is now on the market mmo wise and expect something new a new system not just wasd movement and skill spam.Runescape is great because it started a long time ago and for his time it is a great game, i personally never like it but heh different people different tastes.

Well u should know 2d for 3d graphics cause you need textures and stuff also what does a physicist with a PhD have to do with 3d graphics i know he's smart but smartness does not necessarily mean talented. Physics does not help that much in 3d graphics. U guyz talk about math but that is for programing and not modeling or creating models, textures for a game. Of course a 2d game is easier, because you don't have to model stuff just 2d artwork and the advantage is that everybody can run the game, cause it's low on requirements, but not the same impact like an 3d one. Also what i think it's important now is that games and developers should think about new game mechanics and not graphics, because everyone got bored with what is now on the market mmo wise and expect something new a new system not just wasd movement and skill spam.
Runescape is great because it started a long time ago and for his time it is a great game, i personally never like it but heh different people different tastes.

Exactly. My point is that math isn't 100% what makes a game. You can't go pull a math professor and say "Yo, go make this 3d FPS game!" He'll look at you in confusion because 1)He doesn't know the syntax of the programming language, 2)He doesn't understand how the PC interprets commands, 3)He doesn't understand the bottlenecking of the system, 4)He doesn't understand collision detection...I could go on and on.

As I stated, starting with 2D will help you learn how to do 3D. If you can't even do a simple game there's no way you're doing a complex one.

Well ive decided that ill take some clases on programing thx for everything guys but see you guy in some years ill be back with exp next time. :P
later :P

Good idea, but...

The first classes you take will just teach the very basics. I got ahold of a book(Fundamentals of C++ .net I think was the name) that costed $15 and goes all the way up to object oriented programming(it's like 1.4k pages).

I would highly suggest you learning the basics yourself, such as syntax and the like, before taking classes. Not only will it save you time, it will also save you money.

Obviously you're able to take whatever course of action you'd like, but that is what I would do. What I learned in my first C++ class was the same stuff that nearly any online tutorial can also teach you.