xisto Community
Azeen

Lets Make An Rpg Game Ideas For MMORPG Game

Good idea, but...
The first classes you take will just teach the very basics. I got ahold of a book(Fundamentals of C++ .net I think was the name) that costed $15 and goes all the way up to object oriented programming(it's like 1.4k pages).

I would highly suggest you learning the basics yourself, such as syntax and the like, before taking classes. Not only will it save you time, it will also save you money.

Obviously you're able to take whatever course of action you'd like, but that is what I would do. What I learned in my first C++ class was the same stuff that nearly any online tutorial can also teach you.

ok :P

Wow, rpgsearcherz you are just antogonistic. And you kind of proved my point, by the way. All of the things you listed can be learned without doing a 2D game first. Azeen, taking a class is a good idea, however doing some tutorials first is also a good idea, as rpgsearcherz said. Now, tutorials are, by no means, a replacement to classes. Instead, they can be used to prepare you for the classes. The thing is, a lot of intro to comp. prog. classes will teach you the wrong things, so it's best to find out the right things from a good tutorial (Like that on cplusplus.com) so that you can take what is given in your first year of classes with a good eye. Tutorials will most likely not, however, be able to teach you some of the more advanced stuff.