xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Tramposch

Verizon Fios, Great Support! Not..

Ok, now first off, I do not remember the dates off the top of my mind, but the dates will be around correct, some may not be exact.First off.I wanted to switch to verizon FiOS for a long time, because I have been having some problems with Comcast High Speed Internet, and I just thought it was cool that it would be Fiber Optics, now I don't pay my bills, but I persuaded them a bit. My parents noticed it also seemed to be a better price for better packages so they decided to go with it, so I'm like woopy! I'm getting FiOS TV, internet, and phone! We scheduled our instillation to be on September 17th, 2007, my Dad stayed home so he could help the people who would be installing the line, and stuff like that. I got home, and i asked "Did they do it" and no, nobody had even came to our house. Being very angry my Dad called Verizon FiOS, i was there to listen in, and they said that they would send somebody next week! Again, next week they did not even come. Ok, so we called again, we would have to wait one more week. Surprisingly they installed the Fiber Optics in are yard, using one of those diggers that lay wires, and guess what they did in the process, they cut through the line for the electric dog fence, and they refused to pay for it.Not the biggest deal in the world that it was cut, we could get it fixed, but the fact that they refused to pay for it was just rude. We got the fence people to come and repair it, and we asked them "Should the workers have known that there was an electric fence, should we have told them" and the guy says what are you talking about, no! there is a sign in the front of your yard saying that you have it, and there are flags all over the yard marking it! We refused to do business with them (using their service) until they would pay for the repair on the line. Now it took a month for us to coax them into paying us back, since we had already fixed it, and then we asked for our service to be installed. Now we had the same problem that we had at the very beginning, nobody was coming to our house when they were supposed to! We complained, complained, and then we got through to a very nice man who put matters into his own hands, and dealed with it. Somebody came out and finally installed the box that would run it all, and installed the new router, and the TV box. Ok, so now when we asked for an HD box for our HD tv, they gave us a regular non high definition digital receiver. We called them up, and they said they were out of HD boxes, and they would mail one to us, and we will receive it next friday I think. Guess what? It never came that friday. Since it never came, we called the man who installed the box for the hole system, and he said he would bring one over, since he had one in his van, within a week, and he did what he said. So now its late January, early February. That long for things to work!Oh, whats this, things still are messing up. (it is now fixed btw) our internet would stop working randomly, usually in the evening, and we would have to restart the router every time it wouldn't work, now the thing I found weird was that when we went to an internet page, it didn't work, saying we didn't have internet connection, but I was still signed on aim, and I could talk to my friends, even though my internet was supposedly out. I don't really get that.. So we just kind of adapted our lives to this, not being bothered to call.Then we started having other problems with our On Demand, when we purchased a movie, when the movie is playing it is really choppy, and it lagged. We demanded our money back for the movie, and it wasn't put on our bill yet, so we had to wait, which i understand why. They came over to replace our HD box, and it still didn't work. So they came again, and just replaced our router, and again, replaced our HD box, and everything works fine now :PSo I'm just glad in the end it works, but the company just seems a bit corrupt, I guess it is just because Verizon FiOS was so new, they weren't really... ready yet.The only complaint I have now is that the MS ping is much higher then it was when I had comcast.

Well I have delt with both Verizon, and Comcast. both of them bite the big one when it comes to any kind of support at all.So I do understand you. 1st I had comcast as my internet provider. Kept getting slower and slower then just one day stopped. I called and they said they would have someone out there the next day, that turned into the following week. when they did show up. they got me running again. but within 2 weeks I was down again. So I canceled and went over to Verizon.Bigger mistake. Over priced and I had better speed with comcast even with all there "beeps". I finally said to heck with it and now I am one of the few left on Dialup. God Bless Juno. they may be slow and if you need support you have to call a 900 number but they work and get they job done.

It sucks that you had such a bad experience with Verizon..You would think that a company as big and well known as them would know the proper way to react towards customers.Out of curiosity, though, were you pleasant with them when calling?(or your parents) Or were you already irritated?From personal experience, I have learned that if you are rude to the customer service representatives they will be a lot less helpful to you, but if you are nice and explain your situation to them usually they will give back something in return for your problems.Pretty suprised that they cut through some of your wire when installing their fiber optics though...They should have been a lot more careful than that.