xisto Community
Echo_of_thunder

Designing Vs Templets Which do you prefer?

Designing your own website is more interesting than JUST upload templates.. It is better for you to design the website for your purpose, and to practise yourself, to learn more about the web designing, anyway the templates are pretty good but, your own product is more good. If u design your website with own sources, it is better, but using template is a little shame.. I don't know ... you choose what is better for you, i recommend own designing :P

I prefer designing the web page, because it gives way more flexibility than a template, and it's original since it's your own design. With templates it could happen that you find a thousand pages with the same design, or that a person enter your page and have seen the same design before, so it gives you a bad image. If you are not very experienced with designing your own layouts then probably the fist one that you create is not going to look perfect but if you keep on practicing you will see your improvement. It's just a matter of time and dedication. And also even if you find a really good template, there are things that are not going to work specifically to your needs, so it's much better start from scratch and have a perfect fit. :P

I use a template for two reasons. 1, I'm not fluent with my programs anymore, and I sit there going "How do I do that?" 90% of the time when I do have time to sit here and design something. And 2. 90% of the rest of the time, i don't have time to sit here and play around with it. There is the constant interruption that consumes my attention and will continue to do so until he at least starts going to school most of the day. I would prefer to do sites myself to give them that personal touch, if I had the time, and the know-how or the time to get the know-how believe me I would be doing it myself. If I was good enough then I could in turn do them for others and get paid for it, *daydreams*

It is better to design than template. But design needs high skill, creative mind. Designing owns self and unique. But templates may be anywhere. If you want to good template you have to buy them. Free templates are comparatively lower attractive. But if you don't have good skill of design, you will make very poor websites, so template will make better websites and easy to use.

For a newbie,templets is better.If you are proficient in photoshop and Macromedia Dreamweaver , even php or asp(.net) , i think you should choose design by yourself.But,templates have a predominant strongpoint,it's very efficient!If you lack of time,you may choose templates.Some templates is designed very good,attractive!For me,i will choose templates,because i'm lazy!hehe good luck!

Designing a website is an art. I have seen many beautiful templates which often leaves me spellbound. But when I see its code I find that they are not usually w3c compliant or uses good coding techniques. I would say that, usually a highly learn't web designer wouldn't be able to create beautiful template while a basic web designer would be able to create more beautiful templates from his limited knowledge. I admit that there are exceptions, who are good in both.I learn from these beautiful websites and apply it to my templates. The reason why I usually don't use others templates is because they have different coding techniques. And I always carry my own set of boilerplates (basic html, css files). If I go with a free template, even if it is beautiful the thing is that it has been used in dozens of other websites, not a good idea for a long term website.