xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
jrsalve

Loosing Weight

Hi everyone,I am not obese, not really even overweight, but I am trying to lose that last 10 lbs that just won't seem to go away. I registered about 6 weeks ago and finally got my account validated today, so I thought I would introduce myself.I'm a tiny gal (4 foot 11), 26 years old and 102 lbs. I have lost about 5 lbs in the last 7 weeks when I started my program, but for the last 3 or 4 weeks, the scale hasn't moved. I know my weight is almost where it should be, so my body probably is rebeling a bit. I'm a perfectionist and want to see the numbers on the scale move to my target goal.I have noticed however, that in the last few weeks, my clothes are alot more loose, so I'm probably gaining a bit of muscle instead. I did start a bit of muscle training this week which I hope will help get those last few pounds off.My workout plan and food intake consists of the following:1200 cal a day, focusing on healthy foods. I'm trying to eat healthy but eat mostly lean cuisines as I hate cooking and am a poor student.one treat a week - ice cream, chocolate bar, etc.one fast food meal every 3-4 weeks50 minutes of cardio with about 35 min at my target heart rate or above10 minutes of crunches and squatsadded this week : muscle training focusing on my inner thighs which is my problem area.I think at this point I am interested more in toning up than losing any more.anyways! glad to meet you all!

I dont have much help to contribute since I have the same goals you had and all... I was just wondering if you could tell me all you have learned in your training so i could apply it to my own life. I one desert a week thing sounds promising. I am always binging... I cant stop. And I am always afraid to go run or something because i get pains everywhere and my heart beats so fast i feel like i am gonna pass out and it gets harder for me to breathe. Nobody else seems to have this issue though. People say just do pushups and situps but I cant do these! I do one situp and i lose like all my strength and it takes like 10 minutes to do just that one situp. I am not even kidding. So anyways do you think you would mind sharing with me what you have learned so far and all the little plans you have been following for the different weeks so I could start using them?

You have a good workout, but you shouldnt base your routine on -TIME- Do it on reps, it may take less or more. and if your doing the legtraining, hold it, dont just go up/down repeatedly.

losing weight or not eatingLoosing Weight

I do not think we need to chose between losing weight or not eating. I do not agree that you will need to give up food that you love to eat. The key here is to eat in moderation, Christopher Guerriero once told me that I need to eat low fat longevity foods like salmon, almonds, red grapes, blueberries, garlic, spinach and whole grains.

LOL, Oh, I have just what you need, advice from an old fat lady!First off, being a perfectionist in your case may not be a healthy idea. Have you heard of recent studies that have proven that a few extra pounds over the accepted norm are actually healthier for you? It gives your body the boost it may need to fight off infections, and prevent illness and disease from plaguing you. If your in a near state of starvation your body does not have the energy needed to fight off illness. Remember, there are elements your body needs that are actually stored in fat cells, not in your blood or muscle. And as to your working out, good for you. But muscle weighs in heavier than fat, so while you may actually be loosing fat, it won't show up if you are adding muscle mass. No bigger than you are, I think your doing just fine. I still remember when I had to unload sacks of feed that weigh about what you do. Sounds like you are doing a good job and I sure wouldn't sweat the last few pounds.