xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
iGuest

Net10 Review NET10 prepaid phones

I dont get it

I been using Net10 for 4 years now, had 4 phone upgrades and never had any issues as bad as this. I been with alot of carriers and I find net10 to be the best prepaid carrier out there. Its way beta then any thing I have ever used. Shore its not perfect but what more do you want for this price. I say sorry for you. Out of ever person in my company that I know we mostly use net10 and there are never problems like this.

-reply by cris

I used to own a NET10 phone. If you are looking for a prepaid phone, Beware! I bought it because it was cheap (A dollar store) for thirty dollars. Its reception is absolutely terrible. Many times I bought minetes for it, and when i went to add them, they were denied. I went to the store, they said there was nothing they could do. so i called net10. after waiting for 20 minutes to speak to an operator, she said they didn't know what to tell me, their was nothing she could do, and she couldn't add the minutes OR refund my money. I asked for a supervisor, he told me the same thing. So don't do business with this company, i'm serious. its terrible.

Net10 SatisfactionNet10 Review

After being on contract for some time, I made the leap and changed to Net10 Prepaid. It is amazing how much less I am paying Every month now for almost exactly the same thing. The deal is great $30 for a phone and 300 minutes to start. The calling rate is so reasonable at only 10 cents per minute that I can use the phone when ever I need it. Ive heard that some of the phones work better in certain areas than others. This is because net10 uses the other companies towers to get a very wide coverage area. When you buy the phone check the barcode for the dominent carrier in that ares. The reviews have recently listed net10 as the number one prepaid provider for customer satisfaction. I personally found customer service polite and helpful. You cant realy blame them for not being able to help with expired minutes. When you join Net10 you are aware of the window period so letting it expire would be your own doing. In terms of a prepaid provider I derfinatly reat them as my top. There are no bill, no hidden costs, unused minutes carry over, calls are 10 cents a minute and texts are 5 cents.

That is the best deal.

-reply by Daniel

net10 stole my moneyNet10 Review

For 2 months been trying to activate a working phone with net10. They lie and keep me on phone for an hour at a time. Have had 14 calls and 3 phones. Now tell me that the model phone I chose on their website is almost always defective. They have sent 3---I have to call back and complain and it takes 3 weeks! Now they have cancelled me because they say I did not call back to say whether I wanted my old phone number. My phone records show I have called back many times. "This is bunk!" Dishonest company. Steals money and will not return. No phone service has ever been provided. I am out $60. with many ticker numbers---sorry for you if you know what that means!  Ugh. They lie. THis one is the most evil!

-reply by jan

I don't have a NET10 phone, but I have a phone through their sister company, Tracfone. I haven't had any problems with them directly, but if you can avoid either of these companies, please do so. The cost for the minutes is a complete rip-off. You could spend eighty bucks a month and load minutes, or you could spend around that much and get a contract plan. I plan on getting myself an iPhone for Christmas, through AT&T of course, because I know it will be a better deal than what I have now. Sure, I'll pay like ninety dollars a month for it but I'll get so much more for my money that way. Tracfone rounds your minute usage up, and it gets a little annoying to lose so many minutes to simple texting. Of course there are ups to having a phone such as a Tracfone or NET10 phone, for example, the no contract deal - you control how much you talk and spend. But if you're like me, and you're big on texting, just go ahead and sign the next couple of years of your life away to a REAL cell phone company and get more for your money. I can't wait until I get my iPhone because I know shelling out ninety bucks a month to AT&T will be much more worth it than shelling out almost that much to Tracfone. If you're not big on texting, talking, or mobile web and just want a phone for emergencies, then a NET10 phone or Tracfone is probably better for you. However, if you want to talk, text, and access the web on the go without having to worry about how badly you're getting ripped off by a prepaid company that has had a lot of complaints against them anyway, just make the switch like I plan on doing.

been there did that. just about any "prepaid" phones like that your pretty much just throwing your money out the window. As I said I have been there. But with me it was with a Good company which I will not name, mainly do to they are my phone carrier now :P and they are no longer in the prepay cell line. Buyer beware is what you should always think. also check with the better business bureau and see if they had anyone complain of there tactics.

So here's the update - I got rid of the Tracfone, and while I did not get the iPhone, I did get an AT&T GoPhone. So far, I am satisfied. It suits my needs but doesn't tie me to a contract, while at the same time I can buy the feature plans that make it like having a contract phone. I buy the unlimited talk & text plan, and then I buy 100 megabytes of data, and it suits me pretty well. I like this phone so much more than I liked my other prepaid phone. I don't have to worry about "topping off" on minutes because it's unlimited, and I don't have to worry about how much my texting habit is costing me. (On a Tracfone, it uses 1/3 of a unit, and on a NET10

So here's the update - I got rid of the Tracfone, and while I did not get the iPhone, I did get an AT&T GoPhone. I still want the iPhone, but it can wait until I can afford to shell out three hundred bucks at once. So far, I am satisfied with the phone I got. It suits my needs but doesn't tie me to a contract, while at the same time I can buy the feature plans that make it like having a contract phone. I buy the unlimited talk & text plan, and then I buy 100 megabytes of data, and it suits me pretty well. I like this phone so much more than I liked my other prepaid phone. I don't have to worry about "topping off" on minutes because it's unlimited, and I don't have to worry about how much my texting habit is costing me. (On a Tracfone, it uses 1/3 of a unit, and on a NET10 phone it uses 1/2 a unit. It adds up.) I am a big texter so that was one of the main reasons I got the AT&T GoPhone. They offered a phone with a slide-out keyboard (the LG Neon, perfect for texting) and the feature plan that offers unlimited texts (which includes multimedia messages). There are some complaints about the GoPhone but so far I'm very satisfied so I'd recommend it to anyone who's looking for a good prepaid phone.

NET 10 = POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE !Net10 Review

I have had a net 10 phone for 5 years because it was the cheapist pre-paid on the market for years.Now that they have merged with Trac Phone the customer service is gone,evrything has been transfered to the Phillipines and done by barley english speaking idiots.They read off of a card every response they give and if you want to have fun just change the subject and they are lost. Now with having said that I was waiting on hold for over 20 minutes for my turn for help and after one hour & 20 minutes of them trying to do a simple task (change my number) my phone was so screwed up I needed to get a new one! When I first started out with them I could call and get someone here in the United States that you could have a conversation with and they would resolve the problem.Now they went backwards for customer service and as I am concerned are flushing themselves down the TOILET! 

-reply by REPO

Net10 has had no real probsNet10 Review

Net10 has never been a serious problematic carrier for me, they some times have issues when you call a Cs reprehensive that talks like a parrot of some screen and never help you, but I switched to about 1 year ago and other then having to deal with medioka CS there have been no other problems, all the problems I have had have been sorted by talking to CS slowly and explaining every thing, this takes time but it works and shore it sucks having to spend time with some foreigner its not that bad, as specially with the amount of money you can save.

-reply by craigwild

net 10 is the WORST phone i have EVER owned. They WILL STEAL YOUR MINITES AND YOUR MONEY AND EXPECT YOU TAKE IT. DO NOT USE NET10. GO FOR VERIZON WIRELESS. THEY MIGHT BE A LITTLE MORE MONEY BUT YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR. THIS COMPANY HAS NO ISSUE WITH STEALING. YES I REPEAT THAT. DO NOT BUY THEIR SERVICE IF YOU VALUE YOUR HARD EARNED DOLLARS.& FOR KICKS THEY HAVE THE WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE IVE EVER IN MY LIFE EXPERIENCED.

Net10 offers great rates with good service. The card I just bought from bestbuy was so cheap that i had to double check my receipt to make sure that it was acurate. I have been a phone nut for years now and still believe that net10's service cards are the best.

i had similar bad experience with them too.

Edited by moderator (see edit history)