xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
burgen

How To Remove Windows Messenger 5

one day I was bored and installed this piece of crap windows messenger 5, then I found out the problem that it conflict with Adobe Acrobat 6.03 (it doesn't with acrobat 6.00). when I uninstalled it from control panel, each time I open a pdf file, there is a popup window saying I need to install something.I tried many ways and can't figure out how to solve it, even in adobe's website they described this problem but did not give a solution. Finally I was able to complete remove it, it is real simple: download and reinstall windows messenger 4.7, it will completely remove and replace windows messenger 5.0, then remove 4.7 by running this command "RunDll32 advpack.dll,LaunchINFSection %windir%\INF\msmsgs.inf,BLC.Remove".that is it.best solution? never install this piece of crap.

Cool, it works as well, I really hate windows messengar, it always annoys cuz it always signs me in automatically whenver I turn my pc on. Now i am rid of it, hehehe.

Cool, it works as well, I really hate windows messengar, it always annoys cuz it always signs me in automatically whenver I turn my pc on. Now i am rid of it, hehehe.

44063[/snapback]

Hey! It can Disable automatic run when log on to windows and auto sign-in.

Just go to Messenger and select Tools menu bar > Options > and go to General tab

Then you can tick off the option that make it auto run and sign in.

Why must to uninstall it? :P hehe

I'm the one that haven't got any problem with msn. I use MSN V.6.2.137 + MSN Plus any many Plugins. I use it to talk to my friend every day I never got ploblem with it? What about other one? :P

Hey! It can Disable automatic run when log on to windows and auto sign-in.

Just go to Messenger and select Tools menu bar > Options > and go to General tab

Then you can tick off the option that make it auto run and sign in.

Why must to uninstall it?  :D  hehe

I'm the one that haven't got any problem with msn. I use MSN V.6.2.137 + MSN Plus any many Plugins. I use it to talk to my friend every day I never got ploblem with it? What about other one?  :P

44097[/snapback]

man, we are talking about windows messenger here, not msn messenger, also msn messenger already have version 7, you may want to check that out. go to http://www.mess.be/.

Thats a good tut cuz my MSNM 5 is all kaked and causing problems when I start up my comp. :P

if i disable it in the general tab (so it won't load at startup) it will load at the background for me, i'll get the message 'you have ## unread messages' and all that, but it isn't on the toolbar (at the right bottom) so i can't close it there before i open the full program (at the start menu --> all programs i think)i just don't want it to load at startup, sometimes i use 2 msns, so it's easy to use windows messenger and msn messenger (i use 7.0 beta btw :P)

Whats Windows Messenger like? MSN?I wouldn't know myself. I'm on Windows 2000.

The best way to get rid off the windows messenger is as following:-Don't uninstall it. Just go to Program Files folder and than find the folder titled Messenger. Then changed its name, I have changed it to MessengerOFF. Then it will never auto run.Simple and Safe.........

The best way to get rid off the windows messenger is as following:-

Don't uninstall it. Just go to Program Files folder and than find the folder titled Messenger. Then changed its name, I have changed it to MessengerOFF. Then it will never auto run.

Simple and Safe.........

46400[/snapback]

Hi solankyno1, I've tried to follow your suggestion by renaming the folder 'Messenger' to MessengerOFF but i keep getting the following error:

Cannot rename Messenger : Access denied.Make sure the disk is not full or write-protected and that the file is not currently in use

The file is not in use nor the disk is full. How can I know that the disk is write-protected or not?

I really hate Windows messenger with its ugly interface. Though I have MSN messenger 7 it keeps logging our automatically to be login automatically again at Windows messenger. Sometimes I do not even know when the windows messenger had signed in....

Your disk is not locked or write protected, it's just - you already have MSN messenger activated and executed, you must close it and then rename that folder... p.s. you can close it if you right click on it's icon in taskbar, and choose exit (you must close InternetExplorer and outlook before that too...)

you can also delete MSN to run regedit for registery editor tool.just through this good tool,you can delete it competely.at the same time you must go to control panel and select add or remove program to install MSN first.i unstalled MSN just like this before.

Hi solankyno1, I've tried to follow your suggestion by renaming the folder 'Messenger' to MessengerOFF but i keep getting the following error:

Cannot rename Messenger : Access denied.Make sure the disk is not full or write-protected and that the file is not currently in use

The file is not in use nor the disk is full. How can I know that the disk is write-protected or not?

I really hate Windows messenger with its ugly interface. Though I have MSN messenger 7 it keeps logging our automatically to be login automatically again at Windows messenger. Sometimes I do not even know when the windows messenger had signed in....

Make sure you exit both program from the task manager and also make sure you have the administrator account or an account that has that access.

Also, don't get yourself mixed up between Windows & MSN Messengers as alot of new beginners do, i have had numours calls from friends and family asking why MSN Messenger isn't installed when they keep re-installing Windows Messenher. :lol: