xisto Community
OpaQue

Cron Jobs - Cron Jobs In Cpanel Cron Jobs : Cron Jobs using PHP

I am getting this via e-mail about my cron jobs (directory info protected for security reasons; :angry: ):/home/mysitename/public_html/directory/protecteddirectory/mail_digests.php: line 1: ?php: Nosuch file or directory/home/mysitename/public_html/directory/protecteddirectory/mail_digests.php: line 2:/aquota.user: Permission denied/home/mysitename/public_html/directory/protecteddirectory/mail_digests.php: line 3:mail_digest.php: command not found/home/mysitename/public_html/directory/protecteddirectory/mail_digests.php: line 4:-------------------: command not found/home/mysitename/public_html/directory/protecteddirectory/mail_digests.php: line 5: begin:command not found/home/mysitename/public_html/directory/protecteddirectory/mail_digests.php: line 6: syntaxerror near unexpected token `('/home/mysitename/public_html/directory/protecteddirectory/mail_digests.php: line 6: ` copyright : © 2000 The phpBB Group'Any ideas why?

Wow.. This is very nice tutorial.. very clear, straight and very effective.i'm noob but follow this tutorial, i can configure cron job successfully :rolleyes: this can be old topic but i just wanna express my succeed!thks opaque

dear shyam Corn is in your cpanel ?and you can Manage the script with corn to run for example counter :blink: we can add view to site for count counters :wacko:Dear Se?or Maniaccorn is working for all Xisto members , but you must active corn first

where is the mistake?

Cron Jobs - Cron Jobs In Cpanel

* * * * * /usr/bin/php -q /var/www/virtual/tenzin.Com/htdocs/script.Php

<?php

//("script.Php has chmod 755 script.Php")

$line = 'hello world';

File_put_contents('cron.Txt',$page,FILE_APPEND);

?>

-question by tenzin

I have this on my cpanel:/usr/bin/crontab permissions are wrong. Please set to 4755Is it an error ? and how can I resolve this problem? where to put this dir and so on..Please help

hi i am creating my own textbased games using mccodes v2 but i need sum help with the crons i belive it use's curl but i tried typing that in the command box{curl http://www.corrupted.exofire.net/cron_houra5cdd16647c77e} it didnt work if i wanted to exicute this http://www.corrupted.exofire.net/cron_hourca5cdd16647c77e at a x amount of times what should i type in command box by the way using cpannel please help i am a total noob to crons jobs

Thanks In Advance :lol::P

Edited by x-plosive (see edit history)

path to php

Hi. Can someone please tell be how to find the path to php. I'm uusing cpanel

In the past, I found a post that had a command to put in a page, to display the path. Does anybody know. It was really helpfull, just cant find it now. Thanks pat

Watch out for some hosts running shared servers with cpanel. Some have a limit to how many crons you can have and at what rate they are allowed to go off. I just found out the hard way that my host only allows 5 crons at no less then every 15 min. My cron use was suspended for about 24hrs. The funny thing is it isn't mentioned anywhere, well maybe somewhere amongst the 100 page user agreement, but no where on the site. It just says, to use every minute use *****.Anywho, what exactly is the '/usr/local/bin/php' used for and is it needed? also, I'm getting errors in my email that state the script cant find my required files. Anyone know why this would be?Thanx-reply by ryan

re: where is the mistake?

Tenzin, is this a test? the first thing I noticed is .Php and .Txt for an extension... Thats kinda funky. The second is your chmod. 755 is for folders, try 644 for your files.

Also, food for thought, making a call to file_put_contents will create the desired file if it doesn't exist. So, this file should have the correct chmod at creation. You can use this to verify the correct chmod for your files.

Hope that halps

-reply by riin

How can we disable a cronjob? I will set a cronjob for every minutes for only one hour. But I don't know how to disable it, so I didn't set.

Can anyone tell me how to disable a cronjob?

Thanks...

Can anyone tell me how to disable a cronjob?

Scroll to the bottom of the page, and click Cron jobs in the Advanced section

Click on Standard

Click Delete on the cron job you want to get rid of

No such file or directory ?

I've activated cron job in cpanel, but I get error. What's wrong ?

"/bin/sh: usr/local/bin/php: No such file or directory"

Pls help .. Tq

-reply by han-han

HTACCES CRON JOB

Good morning,

I have a host to make cronjob. However, the script called is a bigger level memory is the 32M given to my script is not enough.

I therefore creates a file with the directive htaccess php_value memory_limit 200M, when I call myself this script with a browser my script ends properly because I now has 200M memory.

But now when I set my cron job with this script is well I return errors memory allocation, it seems that the htaccess file is ignored. I tested raise_memory_limit ( "200M"), ini_set ( "memory_limit", "200M"), but nothing done.

The call from my script "php / home / sqdqs / monscript.Php," there is no t'il php parameters to be included in the order (genus php-q)?

Have you any idea of solution?

Thank you

-reply by Smalldevil