xisto Community
err

Google In Your Local Language fantastic or funny side

now when i search some thing ibgoogle it in of the variants of viewing pages it gives russian (it is one of my native languages)so it works, now on the beta level butthey will cope with it

I live in Turkey. And when I type www . google.com in Internet Explorer and Firefox, www . google.com.tr comes. But I don't know why only in Opera it is only going to www . google.com.Searching from google.com and google.com.tr have a few differences. When I search in my language I am using google.com.tr for best results. :lol:

Google translation is really funny because I know a lot of french so when I try translating somthing all the words are messed up and everything! But on the serious side its a good translator if your doing a couple of words only, but using it for somthing big like a paragraph of sentance wouldnt be too wise. There are many translators on the web that ARE capable of doing long things but Google's version really just isnt one... maybe in the near future they will expand so we can use it more better. I like google video and maps there cool, just need to expand on their language feautres. Go Google.!

Fantastic for those who don't know english or know very small snippet of it and want the translation for some high vocab words. And funny for those who know english and when they see the literal translation of the language into english or vice-versa. :D It's funny for me :)But as google translate service is likely to be embeded in Orkut, then i can see it will solve lot of communication related problem. It should be embded in most of the services as well. :)

Very annoying!!!Google In Your Local Language

My job involves global travel all around the year. I've spent a lot of time in Japan recently. I don't know Japanese (can't read it anyway) but a lot of info is available on the 'net regarding railways etc. But when I want to search and I try pulling up google.Com, it always defaults to google.Jp even on my own laptop. I have IE8, Chrome, Opera, Firefox 3.0 & Safari. It is very irritating because not only the results but even the interface is in Nihongo 

-reply by Traveller