xisto Community
jlhaslip

Human Rights Petition one small step required

The United Nations wrote and accepted the Universal Declaration of Human Rights some time ago, and it is common practice in many parts of the World, however, it still requires that the information needs to be announced/distributed more often and to a wider audience.
One method for the advertising of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights is by including the information onto passports, which are become required at many Borders.
Having this information as a part of the printed passport confirms that the country issuing the passport is signatory to the agreement and supports the Universal Declaration of Human Rights.

I view the Declaration as an important document, so I am asking you to also declare your position by signing the Petition for inclusion in all Passports so that the information can be more widely distributed and supported. many parts of the World still need to implement the declaration and they need to be led by example. If you support the Universal Declaration of Human Rights, please sign this petition.

Sign the petition here. Thanks.

I have signed the petition, number 799 and counting. This seems like a good idea as it is very important to pass along beliefs in human rights as a lot of countries ignore them for their own benefit.

Interestingly a quick look at the page (and a few links further) in question does not contain the text of the petition or the declaration itself. So perhaps a link to what one actually expects someone to support would be helpful.