xisto Community
galexcd

Walmart Employee Trampled To Death On Black Friday.

I don't know if I should link this tragedy to the economic and financial crisis of the world. Yes people are naturally greedy but when they know terrible days are coming they become like animals... the animals we are. When you know food is scarce and it won't be enough there will be competition for it. Isn't that the motto of capitalism... everyone for itself. What this tragedy shows is that we are very much animals - we may be so called "civilized", but deep at our roots we are the same with the chimps that roam the jungles of Africa. When it becomes a matter of survival there isn't civilization any more, it's me versus him. You will no doubt ask "Is this a matter of survival?"... To someone used to have everything or almost everything and put in the situation of not having it (or even the though of not having it) it becomes a matter of survival. He becomes capable of everything...What is sad is that what happened at Walmart shows how much we live in a fake world with only a coat of civilization. It is in fact an concrete jungle and even though we consider ourself so smart and educated we are still animals. It is terrible to think that even our neighbor, the one you know for years, is capable in a very probable situation to kill you for a discount. I found out recently how big are the discounts (compared to those in my country they are enormous), but nothing should be more important then human life. Imagine what would happen if this society for a reason or another breaks up. If your friend isn't tied up by any moral constraints he will no doubt take your life without much remorse. Even thinking that in some situation I could do the same thing is frightening. Is is terrible that anyone is potentially capable of this.

Yahoo News reports that the family of the trampled employee has started a Law suit against Walmart.Was Walmart negligent in its handling of the door opening? Could this tragedy have been avoided? What will they do differently next year?

Yahoo News reports that the family of the trampled employee has started a Law suit against Walmart.Was Walmart negligent in its handling of the door opening? Could this tragedy have been avoided? What will they do differently next year?

Who is more to blame? Walmart or the shoppers... It easier to say Walmart because you can't really blame one shopper. I think the main blame rests with the shoppers who should have stopped when they saw the men on the floor. Of course there is no way to persecute them and that's why this crime is even worse. This was a collective crime... I wonder when they heard what happened did they stop from their damn shopping? Can they sleep at night thinking they killed a men for some discounts?
And yes... Walmart has it's share of the guilt... maybe they should build a booth or something. But would you have though that a bunch of shoppers would act just like a bunch of cattle? That's the question to be answered!

barbaricWalmart Employee Trampled To Death On Black Friday.

every time I think about this it sickens me over again, and then I read a headline from white plains, ny about a middle school teacher who bound the hands and feet of female student to teach a history lesson about slavery.  come on people...Would this insane lady make her students inhale carbon monoxide fumes to teach a lesson about the holocaust. it completely boggles the mind what some people will do.  all I can say---I will not shop at the mega ***** walmart---and if my kids were still young I would damn sure home school them. God help us all. 

-reply by nightshifter50