xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
ilzwalrus

Slightly Cheesy Poem A poem I wrote not so long ago. Didnt take very long.

Hope this isn't too bad:Deep in a forest long forgottenLived a man of nature rotten,He watched as the sun setThinking of things he should forgetAnd in this forest lived a catWho enjoyed a tasty ratAlthough they were hard to findThe cat did not seem to mindOnce upon a midnight drearyWhen the man was walking tired, weary,He came across an empty spaceWhich the cat used as his living spaceAnd naturally the cat came outAnd seeing the man, began to shoutThe man just stood and staredAs the cat's eyes almost flaredWhen the cat ceased his rantingThe man spoke, eyes slanting,"In ten years I haven't talked to anyone,Just spent my time looking at the sun"The cat forgot why it was screamingAnd now stood with its eyes beamingThem something odd came to passAs the man had found his friend at lastAnd now they live togetherBoth their hearts light as a featherDeep in a forest long forgottenNeither with a nature rottenPlease don't tear it apart too much.

I'm not in any position that should merit you taking my opinions seriously either, but I'd give this a, 'hooray!'It was pretty fun to read. The, "once upon a midnight dreary..." bit gave me deja vu though. :D (Poe? "Once upon a midnight dreary, as I pondered weak and weary.").

was cute and funny. wish I could come up with something. but ever one I know would get me banned for life lol