xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
contactskn

Form Submission Problem please help

Dear friends I am developing a web site. I have created all the static pages but I would like the visitors comment on the website with their personal details like name and emailid in a text box and as soon as they press the submit button these details should be stored to a text file named as abc.txt. Or which ever format is suitable. I am a good programmer in vb6. But dont know any thing about database programming in webpages. Please friends can anyone help me with a peice of code. That much simple direction will do for me. Thank you friends in advance. ?

So you want the comments stored and viewable on the site itself? Basically someone typing something in and hitting "Submit", at which point it sallies off for you to read?

If so, you'll need a level of server-side scripting, as it's nigh on impossible to do otherwise. I'd suggest PHP, simply because it's the only decent server-side language I know, and it's pretty good at the sort of thing you're after. Luckily for you, Xisto (where any hosting you end up getting from Xisto really ends up) is able to "run" PHP files, so you should be fine here once you've worked out the PHP code for what you want to do.

While I could nigh-on write the script for you, it does little good if you're unable to do so yourself. A few pointers I'd recommend are checking out W3Schools, particularly their PHP tutorial, although a whole bunch of the stuff on their site is good to read. It's pretty much where I got all of my first PHP knowledge from, and even now I glance back at it or use their forums now and then.

Hope this gets you off to a good start!

So, basically what you need is a Guestbook. If you want a quickfix solution for that download and install the following Guestbook scirpt..Guestbook script download.

No database is required for the above script. It has many other features like spam protection, banning ips etc....
Just go to that link and you'll find many of its features. Follow the installation instructions given there. If you need any help in installation ask me and I will help you. :)

So, basically what you need is a Guestbook. If you want a quickfix solution for that download and install the following Guestbook scirpt..Guestbook script download.
No database is required for the above script. It has many other features like spam protection, banning ips etc....
Just go to that link and you'll find many of its features. Follow the installation instructions given there. If you need any help in installation ask me and I will help you. :)

Thank you very much for the help dear friend and the link provided by you was really very good and useful. Thank you again. 

Thank you very much for the help dear friend and the link provided by you was really very good and useful. Thank you again.?

You are welcome.. :) If you need any further help in installing this script, or any other help ask me...