xisto Community
actuarymath

Mumbai Attack

I would like to summarize the political aftereffects of the Mumbai AttackThe Home Minister Shivraj Patil resigned from the post. Resignation accepted. P Chidambram made the new Home Minister of India.The National Secrity Advisor Mr M K Narayan also resigned but the resignation was not acceptedThe Chief Minister of Maharashtra Shivraj Patil and Deputy Chief Minister R R Patil resigned from the post owing moral responsibility but due to internal conflicts within Congress, they were asked to remain on the seats. This decision was condemned by the allies of congress as they were already demanding the esignation of the CM due to the inctiveness of the government in the aggetations against the north Indians by the Maharashtra Navnirman Sena and Siva Sena workes. Under pressure from the allies, the congress high command pulls back their decision of keeping shivaj patil as the CM of maharashtra.Contest between Ashok chavan and Shinde for the seat of the chief minister of maharashtra. Ashok chavan made the CM. Shinde rebels and makes comments and insults party chief Sonia GandhiShinde expelled from the party on decipliney groundsChief Minister of Kerala Achuthanandan insult the family of the slain Major Sandeep Unnikrishnan's father saying that "If it had not been (Major) Sandeep's house, not even a dog would have glanced that way". This comment gathers condemns from all over th nation but CM refuses to step back from his statement. CPM secatory Prakash Karat apologises for the comment of the Kerala CM and eventually CM also seeks for apology.New Home Minister P Chitambram finds loop holes in the intelligence and the congress chief is in a mood of removing M K narayan from the seat of NSAPlease add your inputs if I have missed some important event

"Long Live Major Sandeep Unnikrishnan", "Sandeep Unnikrishnan Amar Rahee" - these are the lines that were heard from outside the Bangalore house of the NSG Commando Major Sandeep Unnikrishnan and thousands lined up to pay their last homage to the martyr who laid his life to save thousands of innocent people at hotel Taj Mahal Mumbai. On Friday, 28th November 06:00 PM IST Major Unnikrishnan was hit by terrorist bullet when he was taking part in evacuating Hotel Taj from the terrorists.

Mymilitaryyears-military troops, contact military, contacting service members, soldier support

New development happened regarding the Mumbai attack!!!Hotel Taj and Oberoi are reopened for the visitors from yesterday onwards. These two delux five star hotels were among the targets of the Mumbai attacks leading to maximum number of casualties. Another development happened in Goa where the state government restricted all the beach parties for the christmas and the new year due to the threats of terror attacks. Goa is the center of attraction for tourism for foreigners.

There was some speculation that British born citizens had a part to play in that , speculated by the only surviving terrorist. It's horrible how we can't go a few months without a killing spree :-/

Yet another terror strike in India! Following the Mumbai attack of 26/11, there is a serial blast at three places in Assam. Five are reported to die in the blasts. This has been the first attack after Mumbai in the country on the 1st day of the year. I hope this year we will be able to curb the terror strikes.

That is terrible, why people are driven to do this is beyond me, but I can see why people are doing this. They all believe in their religion very strongly and theey seem to need to show that love in some other ways. Funny enough is I am atheist, so I guess I can't comment.