xisto Community
Ruben

An Amazing Magic Trick! How Did They Do It?

Any one know how they did this? Please post all your comments.
http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Hello!

Ahhh, really nice trick, lol.

It made me laugh, seems like impossible to realize since they even moved the upper body part away from legs :) But well, I guess the trick that MIGHT be possible is that there are two peoples there: One in the upper part and another in the lower.
Or some kind of mechanism in the legs maybe. And a small guy in the upper part of the body. So when they cut, legs can move (somebody moves it with some remote) and the guy on top does the rest. When they put legs back (Probably magnetism process or something like that), the lower part should be kinda light, but solid so the person can propulse up (as a jump) in order to jump...

And well, sounds hard to do, but if it would be easy, everyone would do it anyways!

Good luck trying to figure out what it is hahaha :)

Tim.

Good Idea! But still, the only thing that gets me is when they're done the whole body walks off the stage. Would the legs actually move for him off the stage?

This is one of those tricks that lacks the key point of televised magic: a continuous camera shot from a single camera. Here is my theory for how it was done:At the start of the trick there are 5 people on stage: Kevin James, the nurse, the midget (all obvious). Then, there is one person with no lower body, the 'top half' of the person who gets cut in half. The 5th person is bent at the waist inside the table, with their legs visible to everyone.When hit with the chainsaw, the person with no lower body falls forward onto the table, producing the illusion of the full body being cut in half. They are then moved onto the rolling trolley and moved forward. Note that they are carried on the tabletop. This leaves the first table open. The nurse wheels it off and this allows the person inside to escape.The camera then cuts away. Why? Up until now they have managed with a continuous shot. The person in the table gets out and walks on stage, and lays down on the rolling trolley, obscured by the torso and Kevin James. The camera returns and you see the nurse just lifting the legs onto the table. This gives the impression she has carried them back from off-stage. Of course, she hasn't. The duration of the cut away to the judges also doesn't really seem long enough for all that change to occur 'properly' on the stage, suggesting that it has been shortened.Now the dilemma is removing the person with only a torso from the trolley, leaving the full-bodied person to sit up and take their bow. Another camera cut away, only for a second, and then we return. The torso has been moved to a lying position. Another cut away, and now the only person on the trolley has a full body. The illusion is complete.Comparing this to pretty much every other act that gets shown on these types of show, why was there no shot of the audience? You can hear them, but at no point do you actually see them. Also, the judges' reactions may be faked (i.e. they are in on the trick) for the cameras. They need something to cut away to, and the audience would not be the best idea.Cheating really, but that's why it's such a big thing when a televised trick makes use of a single camera, a continuous shot and no editing.

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Here is the video that you might have seem.

Just one question, rvalkass. Your saying that when the legs came out, the whole audience saw that there were two people. Only us at home couldn't see that, right?

Again, rvalkass, amazing job on getting it right. Hopefully you will be able to answer my question. :) Again, impressive job.

Just one question, rvalkass. Your saying that when the legs came out, the whole audience saw that there were two people. Only us at home couldn't see that, right?

I think so. That's why you never actually see the audience's reaction, you can only hear them - and there is nothing which proves their reaction was for that trick. Or that it was that audience, in that studio, at that time. The same reaction could be got from any trick, and just dubbed over the top. If the audience were in the studio at the time, then it would have been obvious to them how it was done. It is only by watching through the camera, and the convenient cuts to the judges, that make the illusion work.

I agree. Takes a good mind to do that. Does anyone know if he won? Also, any one know other great work from him? He seems like a very professional magician.