xisto Community
Lyon2

"windows Live Spaces", The Next Big Social Network? A Myspace like service, by Microsoft Corporation.

News Title: "Windows Live Spaces", the next big social network?
News Source: http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Now this is the Microsoft answer to big social services like myspace, facebook, Twitter, delicious, and many more social services that millions of worldwide users use to stay in touch with their freinds and even family, to meet new persons, interesting ones of course, and to and to create web pages to show off their design works, comments about anything, and to express their opinions about any subject.

Windows Live Spaces has good chances to be the next big social network, and it has much more chances that myspace website had when it first appeared because Microsoft has many more excellent and highly popular free services like the well known and used windows live messenger, windows live search engine, the msn portal and search engine, the hotmail free e-mail service, and many more.

Considering that Microsoft has enough money to invest in such service, and also considering that Microsoft creates excellent products and services which money can buy, i expect that Windows Live Spaces will be a very good social network service like Myspace has.

What do you think about it? Will you at least try it?
Does Microsoft has good chances to succeed?

Well I do not really know if this is going to be as successful as Myspace and Facebook and the other social networks despite the funding and people behind it. I heard about Window's Live Spaces back when it was still MSN Messenger and MSN Spaces. I had signed up for it but never really paid much attention to it as I had already set up MySpace and had a profile. Microsoft probably does have the ability to create software that interacts with the Social Network and make it better but MySpace and Facebook and other networks are already filled with users that have the same capabilities. That is why many websites are already integrated with MySpace and Facebook to make them more useful. Companies and artists that use a social network probably are not going to switch over unless they gain some sort of advantage. The thing is by the time Windows Live Spaces comes out with something more beneficial, the other networks will be working on something similar if not better. They would have to try to create a feature truly creative and unique that makes them superior.

i get your point but i don't really think it will work. its similar to the fact that windows live search is never going to over take google search. people use myspace not only because its easy to use and the service is good but because everyone else uses. they want to be on the same network as their friends and basically everyone uses myspace and facebook so no one is going to go to windows live. but microsoft does have the funding so they can gain more customers but it'll never be more popular than myspace and stuff. and besides there is huge competition: myspace, facebook, twitter, tagged, bebo, delicious and a few more. i'm not even sure if they are more popular than bebo.

Many many people use services like hot mail and messenger. but i don't think spaces will do as well as other popular sites. People have got accounts on social networking sites, and tend not to make lots of profiles for all different sites.I can see the advantage that it is part of the LIVE family, but i think sites like myspace and BEBO will always be more popular.

Microsoff corporation has in fact many chances to succeed with the windows live spaces indeed if they create something unique, or visually and pratically better then the competitors design/structure/system.Windows live spaces can also succeed not in a way of gaining the competitors visitors/members/clients, but to get the atention of the millions of internet users that still do not use social network services like myspace/facebook/twitter/reddit/digg/et cetera, for instance, like myself and most of my real and virtual friends, which we still use custom programs and sometimes instant messenger programs to comunicated with ourselfs.I must say that in fact, there are still millions of persons that still do not use this kind of social network services, so that is why microsoft corporation have a lot of chances to succeed because it already has the positioned free/paid services to promote/push them to at least visit the windows live spaces website, and if in fact it shows up something unique, which they know is good, simple and better then myspace and the others, i bet they will succeed in 6 months or even 1 year.

Edited by Lyon2 (see edit history)

Microsoff corporation has in fact many chances to succeed with the windows live spaces indeed if they create something unique, or visually and pratically better then the competitors design/structure/system.

i get your point but people already use myspace and facebook and all their friends are on the same service and why would they really be bothered to change. i chose myspace because it is the biggest and most popular one. i didn't bother to waste my time comparing myspace and live spaces to see which one offeres more. i know everyone and all my friends use myspace so i'll use myspace. that is how most people think and that is why live spaces won't work. they got in too late.