xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
rayzoredge

What's The Deal With World Of Warcraft?

1. In every MMO i play, the very first thing i do is to read about the game, understand the stability, the scheduled downtime and the developer's respond to updates etc. Lastly i peep into the community of the particular MMO before really getting into it. But i wont agree many would do what i do but i always take note on things before hand. There is a saying "Understand the water before stirring it"

During my WoW gaming days, i dont login to WoW on Tuesday and usually on that day i do room cleaning or read a couple of chapters in my novel. :P

2.That is something no one can avoid as all MMO goes mature with tons of updates, its something we cant avoid. The company usually assume that you backup all the updates for future use. Lord of The Rings Online on the other hand manage to have an updated client all the time through their Download Manager and its developer, Turbine, is the only company i know that can keep an updated client all times.

Opening up new realms isnt something worth to do. Blizzard sees that the need of new servers is low so they prefer to have you queuing up rather than wasting the resources on opening up new realms when the demand of transfer over or starting fresh isnt in demand.

1. I suppose that works, but the point still stands with when you want to play that you can play the game you purchased. I know it's logistically impossible to keep things going smoothly all the time, so it's really just a moot point right now. Heck, if you want to put it in this perspective too, I would run into those same troubles if my PC went down the tubes due to malware, or a component failing, or whatever... and one really crappy thing about my situation is that I run most of my PC games on a 4-year-old laptop with a decent, but not great, graphics chipset, so now the argument against me would have to include not being able to play my games at good framerates or even being able to enjoy them as they were designed. But then again, these factors also affect WoW.

2. Right, and this also makes sense, but I see Blizzard as a lazy company when it still offers its trial at version 1.0 (pre-patched) instead of updating the trial to its newest version, post-patched. What's the difference between downloading 7GB worth of game files and then 7GB worth of patches afterward as opposed to a 14GB total download? The streamline process is very, very convenient as you're not duped into thinking that your trial download is done and that you can play then and there, as I've outlined previously how I wasted a couple of trial days in just downloading patches for the d*mn game. And really, how hard is it for Blizzard to offer a post-patched version of its trial software? It just doesn't make any sense to me, but maybe I'm just different.

As for server load: I didn't mean to open up a ton of new realms to support the player base, but to add processing power to existing realms so that you wouldn't have to have characters on multiple servers just so you can play your game with less lag. Maybe I have my understanding of how things work here, but can't you just take down a server (which, of course, goes against my first argument above), then add more servers in-tandem to share server load? Am I not understanding how gaming servers work?

I used to be totally against WoW. I couldnt' understand what the big deal about it was. On top of the fact I had no way that I would be able to pay for it, nor did I want to. After a while I gave in and decided to give the free trial a go. Nothing really peaked my interest here and I just went on my way.Fast forward to about 6 months ago. A bunch of my friends in my classes have been playing and kept trying to get me to play. I constantly refused telling them I wasn't bout to get absorbed into a game like that. Especially when 2 of my friends have some serious playing issues, and practically twitch when they haven't played in like an hour. Finally my other friend, who is prob the most stable told me about recruit-a-friend which allows you to obtain triple exp while playing with your recruiter/recruitee. this makes the leveling up bit a lot less painful and gets you closer to end game content faster. theres many other little nuiances with this feature which are all cool. especially on the recruiter side of things. After the trial I decided I was going to get it. What i lacked originally was a group of people to play with to keep things interesting. It's annoying as hell to play when you are by yourself. But when you play with others its a much more enjoyable experience. I've gotten my Death KNight to level 80 (starts at 55 for those who don't know) and been playing around going into instances and what not. but i havent been playing that much recently, and i think that it is greatly attributed to the fact i work 9-5 currently, and im just too tired at the end of the day to put in 2 hours or so of playing time to be slightly productive.while the 15 bux a month bit sucks, it is a well done game, and they are constantly adding new amazing features to the game. for example in the coming weeks (hopefully its that long) a new content patch will be released with updates to the level "rewards" mainly the levels at which one can obtain mounts to get away from the whole walking bit sooner. faster speed = more quests completed = more experience faster = level up quicker.there will always be those that are totally addicted to the game, and those that are totally turned off to the game. but im happy to say that im in the middle of it all.

Simply said, most MMOs tend to force you to put in alot of effort to make things work. WoW for one needs you to be in raids so frequent to get something done, involving guild size effort which usually takes 2 ~ 4 hours to finish. Many said WoW is a casual friendly MMO, i would highly disagree.No matter how much they make changes on the leveling progress, still the end game is slapped with endless raids and non-casual challenge.

WoW has too many cons to enjoy.What's The Deal With World Of Warcraft?

Everything "rayzoredge" said is 100% correct.  Any long-term Blizzard fan who has played since the release of WoW along with WC1-3/D1/SC1 knows how lame WoW and Blizzard is.

-reply by Wilco

I've never experienced any of the problems you guys had. I am a huge WoW fanand the reason is because I've failed to see a game that even comes close tothe fun factor in an MMO (excluding Runes of Magic and Ultima Online). To behonest, they really need to make a modern Ultima Online type game where it'sreally sandbox and you can steal and murder other players at any time, like howit was in 1997ish.

I do agree with some of the comments made reguarding the patch issues, how comes when the game Disc's where sold as DvDs (mine are still on CD format) whern't they realeased with the relvent upto date patches at the time of manifacture.

Server queues dont seem o occur to often on the EU servers but lately it seems to have cropped up, although it seems to be more freaquent during school holidays. End game has now been spiced up with the achivements factor, and its gonna be guild link soon they say, but wow is not for everyone a mate tried it and he didnt like it at all he's back on COD4

I dont know how much more longer I'll be on the game am slowly running out of toons to get to 80 endgame sucks at the moement.

Uh huh. I find your whole story flawed in quite a few points. For one your FPS has absolutely nothing to do with you Ping. ( Like 200MS is a normal ping ) You said the servers were lagging and you were running the game at 2-3 frames that's impossible your FPS has only to do with your computers hardware and has nothing to do with internet. The only lag even similar that you could see like that is Spiking which is sort of like everything stops for a second ( Not the animation but literally everyone's sitting there and doing nothing ) Then it jumps forward kind of.Now see I'm not some fan boy and I'm open to accept WoW for the problems it has as well. I don't like the idea for paying for something ever month ( 15$ ) When it sometimes doesn't work. You should always try to join a server with a low population. Its like they made the base software of the game to run it as it was ( Vanilla, or normal non expansion World of Warcraft ) And now that they are getting new expansions millions of new players set on top of it its like breaking. If the problems persist they should charge 7.50$ a month WITH all the problems. Because 15$ now with all this bullcrap is getting annoying.Sigh and yet I still pay and play. :angel:Why? Because I think its really fun to play a game that's not hard on your computer. So you can run it on pretty good settings and it will still look good. You CAN ( I say this because there's a lot of jackasses ) meet some nice people. The new things they're coming out with are really fun. Like the dungeon finder. It innovates other things I really like to do ( Take to people in Vent and build websites for guilds ). Overall I rate WoW on ascale of 15.6/20.

Everybody has different tastes in games. Some people enjoy roleplayes, some like sports games, others like action games. I played WOW and thought it was a pretty cool game. I haven't played in two years and probably will never play it, but I can see why some people like it so much.

I think its boringWhat's The Deal With World Of Warcraft?

WOW is right! I played this game alot at first then I realized that I'm doing the exact same things over and over and over and over. Wheres the reward? Social?The only social I have seen is beggers and people that use the word noob to describe everything. Sure ill give you some of my pretend money don't spend it all in one noob place. What? Now I can ride my horse or dog or whatever and run a really long ways to kill badguys by pushing my special buttons that make me flash with light! Now I just spent 13 hours killing rotting stuff that just stands there and watches me kill it so I can get exp that makes it so that the noobs regardless of there probable skill in general cant hurt me kuz I'm so powerfull from sitting on my butt developing a hunch back. I'm so proud of my level 80 rockflinger now noobs cant kill me even though I cant even see where they are kuz I ****! I think ill jump in a circle even though it really makes no difference kuz the stupid projectiles and swipes from knives are heat seeking and will find me even if theres a building in between. At least in COD you can kill the peeps that are lvl 80 when you first pick up the control unless your a complete loser that is. RPGs need a shot of reality before they will ever catch up to the modern world.

-reply by Googalybear

How do I get WOW 10 Free Trail to work?What's The Deal With World Of Warcraft?

I just found this game and heard most people talk about it.  I downloaded the 10 Free Trail twice now and as soon as I log in it allows me to enter my username and password and then it does not let me go further, no where to click but "CANCEL"

Of course there's options to chose from ie. Language, realms etc. But its not letting me click on anything.

Can anybody tell me what I am doing wrong and if I'm doing anything wrong? I have tried mailing a question to wow support but that failing too.

-question by Blondealien