xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Evolke

How To Make Ice-cream (recipe)

I was cleaning out my room the other day and I discovered this recipe to making ice-cream. I thought it sounded fun, even though it uses so many egg yolks, and I thought I'd share it with you all. Its a little confusing.. and I haven't yet tried to make it so I apologise if it tastes horrid. ^_^

Preperation Time: ~20 minutes

1/2 Cup Caster Sugar

5 Egg Yolks

2 Cup Cream

1/2 Teaspoon vanilla Essence

Beat together yolks and sugar

Place cream and vanilla in a saucepan. Bring slowly to a boil. Cool slightly.

Poor cream over yolk mixture. Stirring continuously in top of double saucepan over simmering water.

Cook until mixture coats the back of the spoon.

Pour into plastic containor and freeze.

When I was at a friends house we made ice-cream in an ice-cream maker she has. So having one of those makes it very easy. If I can get therecipe off her Ill post it. :lol:

Enjoy!

I know of a recipe that doesnt use egg yolks at all, but you have to buy some emulsion that when beaten with milk, makes it triple in volume... then just add sugar or syrup or juice, put in in freezer and stirr every hour or so.here is a easier one:1- Go to the grocery store2- Bring money3- Buy icecream4- ?????5- Profit!:lol:

I was cleaning out my room the other day and I discovered this recipe to making ice-cream. I thought it sounded fun, even though it uses so many egg yolks, and I thought I'd share it with you all. Its a little confusing.. and I haven't yet tried to make it so I apologise if it tastes horrid. ^_^

Preperation Time: ~20 minutes

1/2 Cup Caster Sugar

5 Egg Yolks

2 Cup Cream

1/2 Teaspoon vanilla Essence

Beat together yolks and sugar

Place cream and vanilla in a saucepan. Bring slowly to a boil. Cool slightly.

Poor cream over yolk mixture. Stirring continuously in top of double saucepan over simmering water.

Cook until mixture coats the back of the spoon.

Pour into plastic containor and freeze.

When I was at a friends house we made ice-cream in an ice-cream maker she has. So having one of those makes it very easy. If I can get therecipe off her Ill post it. :lol:

Enjoy!

That does sound good. fater than the old hand cranked way too. Maybe even add some Nuts?

The last time I had homemade ice cream, it was freezer burnt and that was many many years ago at my aunt's house, least to say I didn't have another bowl again :lol:.

here is a easier one:
1- Go to the grocery store
2- Bring money
3- Buy icecream
4- ?????
5- Profit!

:angry:

LOL! Yes, that could possible be the easier option. But as fun? Well only if someone pushing a trolley bumps against a neatly piled stack of tinned soup and stacks it. Then that would make it equally as fun-ny :lol:

The last time I had homemade ice cream, it was freezer burnt and that was many many years ago at my aunt's house, least to say I didn't have another bowl again ^_^.

Yum :D

We tried to make ice cream in my cooking class in high school using a similar recipe (may have even been the same one). We learned the hard way that you need to be really, really careful when you heat the egg yolk mixture; we heated it too fast and there were little bits of cooked egg in the mixture instead of a smooth, thick custard. You couldn't really tell once it was frozen, but if you let it melt in your mouth it was kind of weird.Also, I find that an ice cream maker is quite helpful in creating a nice, airy texture. The kind we ended up with was crystallized, like ice rather than ice cream. It may have just been us though since another group in the glass ended up with something more normal.

Wow. I honestly had no idea on how to make Ice-cream. :lol: But I like the idea of the recipe! I will have to try that some time--probably when it isn't as cold out as it is now. My younger sister loves anything dealing with cooking, so I'll probably show her this recipe. Nice work.It seems like it would be fun to make something like that! But do you have to have an ice-cream maker? That would probably be the easy way to do it--I don't have one though, so I'll probably be difficult about that one.Thanks for sharing! I will be sure to try that out!