xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
joeblogg

I Hate Whalers! dont you?

Do you support whaling?  

6 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The Japanese should definetely not whale! I am most certainly not an environmentalist. but here are the reasons why i think whaling should be banned:

-whales taste like crap

-it is cruel to the whales

-no one likes whalers

-there are a lot more fun jobs out there than whaling

-its gay

-whales REALLY taste like crap

-whales REALLY REALLY taste like crap

(and i mean CRAP!)

but the main reason is that it is cruel to the whales. they are becoming endangered and it is just not good. as i said i am not an environmentalist or an animal rights fanatic but why kill inocent animals for meat that tastes like trash!

it would be alright if whales tasted really nice but it doesn't and there is just no point. i hope everyone else agrees with me.

I could be wrong but the people buying the whale meat do so for eating. I also heard many of them consider their meat to be beneficial to good health but I doubt its been proven just superstitious theories. I think it sucks but unless they are endangered I don't see why they are exempt from any other animal that's hunted for food.

Well the Japanese are not the only ones doing this. *hint hint* :lol: I have seen whales in real life. Those whales seemed happy - swimming around in the ocean. And yes; I have tasted whale too! Maybe you guys have not tasted it when it is prepared in a good way. I ate some slices of it on a restaurant for a starter, and it tasted quite nice indeed! "Norway continues to conduct commercial whaling." (http://www.whalewatch.org/faqs.htm) We do not eat a lot of whales - Norway kills around 800 or so per year.

-no one likes whalers-there are a lot more fun jobs out there than whaling
-its gay

Well no one should like people who kill animals in a cruel way - I do not like people who kill animals for in a cruel way just for the fur. (Fur is ugly anyway, I do not want to lurk around with a dead animal around my neck.) I do not quite understand "there are a lot more fun jobs out there than whaling"... well I do not think that is very good argument against whaling! It is boring to wash schools, hospitals or prepare food in the cafeteria at some high school; but they do it because it is their job. Nothing else. It is not necessarily because they have a huge love towards scraping gum of chairs or walk around in rooms jam packed of sick people. (and perhaps some dead ones?)

"-its gay" Would you like to clarify this? I have no idea what you are talking about and if it is what I think it is I do not think this is a good argument either.

it would be alright if whales tasted really nice but it doesn't and there is just no point.

As said if it is prepared correctly it do taste quite good. Sure if you buy hermetic whale-meat it must taste quite bad. What do you think whalers do with all the meat? Throw it back in the ocean or feed other animals with it? People do actually eat it - if not they would probably not conduct whale-killing.

but the main reason is that it is cruel to the whales. they are becoming endangered and it is just not good. as i said i am not an environmentalist or an animal rights fanatic but why kill inocent animals for meat that tastes like trash!

AGAIN; it is your opinion (and probably many others) that the meat tastes like trash. There is a reason why they kill whales; they want to earn money. And how do they earn money? Well one of the things would be that people actually buy/eat the meat. It can take up to 1 hour for a whale to die after it has been harpooned, and I can agree that it is not very nice. Even though it probably is completely wrong there are millions of other animals that are treated cruel too - not just the whales. But I will skip that discussion in this thread.
I care about animals - I really do. But personally I do not think the "it-tastes-like-*BLEEP*"-argument is a good argument at all. You say you think it is okey if it actually tasted fine, well some of us think it does. I do not where you have tasted it or how it was prepared but when I tasted it for the first time it was just fine. I liked it, to be honest. Yes, it is cruel to kill animals. Especially when it is done in a very painful way - though it is like this with plenty of animals around the world.

whale hunting should be stopped all across the world. I have seen on the TV some that will go as far as to take there own boats and drive infront of the whalers, and throw trash at them. yes trash, now the people that are trying to save the whales take the chance of them eating the trash and washing up on some shoreline, but thats not my point. Point is. I hate these killings. for what? so Paris Hilton can have her makeup?

sicko. so you would wipe out an entire genus of animals if they tasted good?

no pippin. i mean if they tasted all right we can hunt them and eat them like we hunt chickens, cows, birds. in moderation. but because whales taste disgusting there is no point hunting them! Edited by joeblogg (see edit history)

no pippin. i mean if they tasted all right we can hunt them and eat them like we hunt chickens, cows, birds. in moderation. but because whales taste disgusting there is no point hunting them!

Oh God, did you even notice my first response to this topic? It does taste al right if it is prepared in a good way. Still I do no think that is a very good argument against whaling! Can we just run around and kill all animals if they taste good?

Oh God, did you even notice my first response to this topic? It does taste al right if it is prepared in a good way. Still I do no think that is a very good argument against whaling! Can we just run around and kill all animals if they taste good?

i just had a look at the poll. who supported whaling!

yes bluebear i have taken point of view on the taste of whales into consideration and i agree that some people like it and some people don't. a matter of opinion. but i think it is cruel to whale - especially in the current numbers.

so if there is a possible conclusion it is this:

-whales do not taste bad (it is personal opinion)
-it is cruel in most cases to whale
-whales are becoming endangered

if anyone wants to write there own conclusion then feel free.

i just had a look at the poll. who supported whaling!
yes bluebear i have taken point of view on the taste of whales into consideration and i agree that some people like it and some people don't. a matter of opinion. but i think it is cruel to whale - especially in the current numbers.

so if there is a possible conclusion it is this:

-whales do not taste bad (it is personal opinion)
-it is cruel in most cases to whale
-whales are becoming endangered

if anyone wants to write there own conclusion then feel free.

(I am the princess of talking about almost everything and anything as well as dragging in other subjects in a thread. Therefore I may warn you that in some cases I do not actually stick to the subject.) I did not even vote so it is certainly not me. When you hurt an animal of course it is cruel. Even though it is done in "the right way" it is still wrong, but we all (well, many of the people on this planet=) does it anyway as it is just life and we need food. Polar bears are endangered too - mainly because of the global warming. (At least I think so.) Huge parts of the fur- or leather-industry slaughter the animals in a terribly way; and they keep them locked into tiny cages without barely any room at all. Fortunately here we have people who are making sure that the animals are fine - though of course there are exceptions. As in any country. Whaling is wrong. Killing of animals is in general wrong too. Ruining the woods/area where endangered animals live is cruel too. But yes, whaling is wrong. Lots of things are.

Yeah...I Hate Whalers!

Maybe you think whales taste nasty, but the japanese are known for their experience in culinary arts... In other words, they know how to cook. Especially fish, yes I know that whales are not fish, they are mammals, but the environment they live in...Water... Is the same exact environment that they live in, so most likely they would taste like fish. Maybe to you, whales taste nasty, but every whale is independent, they eat different things depending on the whale. If you want the japanese to stop whaling then do something about it. No one is doing about, no country is whining to Japan saying oh please stop whaling. It's the environmentalists, vegetarians, and people who just wants something to talk about feeling like it's their job as a human being, to be a hero.

1) I do not want whales to become extinct, even though it's inevitable.

2) Animals become extinct every day, you ever noticed.

3)  If you hate what their doing, do something about it.

4) Theirs a reason why that show ( whale wars ) in animal planet or whatever, where them people always hunt down Japanese whalers and try to stop them. These people are seen in camera going in those whaler's boats without permission and just doing everything they want to stop them. When the japanese stops whaling I'd like to see those b_t_h a_s gorillas ( those people in whale wars who do what they want ) to get eaten by a big sperm whale ( the one from pinoccio ) to eat them.