xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
kobra500

How Many Virus' Have You Managed To Install

Time You Infected your pc  

10 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I've only ever to my knowledge and my antivirus' knowlegde downloaded and ran 1 virus, I thought that people who regurlarly seem to download them should be kept far far from a computer, as far as possibleI'm not talking tracking cookies i mean full blown virus' because people seem to say it like its a normal thing, sorry i downloaded a virus on my pc. it really shocked me. So i am asking how many times have you infected your computer. and what steps did you take to get rid of it, i used widows restore, the best antivirus of all!!!

For Major virusses, 2 times as far as I know...Golnanosat virus (Which installs PowerAntivirus2009/2008 (can't remember))And some random other virus with an unsually long name...I have had a LOT of tracking cookies in the past, but after getting the ABP (AdBlock Plus) addon for Firefox3, tracking cookie rate has been decreased dramtically...I got them since I disable my antivirus/etc while gaming to reduce RAM usage and latency, but just that day, Murphy just had to walk by... With all defences down, I just had to visit that website on the phpBB's Support Topic about rogue iFrames... I just HAD to enable noScript to see what it did... PowerAntivirus immediatly kicked in and restarted my computer... NOD32 did remove most of it on starup, however I required reinforcements in the form of Malwarebytes' Antimalware to completely remove it...The other virus, though far more dangerous (Keylogger/Backdoor) was pretty easy to remove... I don't know how I got it, but during a routine scan, I picked it up with Spybot Search & Destroy... I used NOD32 to remove the remnants and ran Malwarebytes' Antimalware just to be safe...And I also ran SmitFraudFix after deleting each virus just in case they were in the tem folder or something...

I have only had one serious virus called FRUCTA. It made search engines wacky and directed me to go.google.com or something like that. Very annoying. I couldn't search on google. I had to copy and paste URLs into the URL box thingy at the top of the browser.....not very fun. To get rid of it, I reinstalled XP...... =( .....of course I made a back-up of my programs though.

I don't recall any major virus infections I've had. I've had some minor virus outbreaks but nothing that a good scan didn't fix :lol:TeaTimer is made of pure awesome.

Hey,personally, when I was younger, I was always downloading many stuffs non stop, interested about hacking and all those things, which eventually bring me to websites that had infected files to download and that I got installed on my computer (old one) so I had many viruses more than 50! And many spywares and so on, but you know, as a kid, we try many stuffs. (Not talking about what you think now, no I don't watch those kind of stuffs :lol: )But yes, now, I don't have any viruses on my computer (new one) even if I am still downloading many files from sites like torrents and so on.Tim.

I've been hit by viruses really badly about three times.It didn't matter what kind of anti-virus software I had,it was made helpless. I 'll never try using a torrent again I know that.Theres all kinds of oportunity for people to planta virus with these things.