xisto Community
-Sky-

Problem With Webdisk

Hey all.I am having a little problem with accessing my Central-Gaming Webdisk. I click Access WebDisk, and an error appears on my desktop when opening the "webdisk.central-gaming.trap17.com Secure WebDisk" file. A screenshot is below in an attachment of the error.Thanks,-Sky

WSH__Windows_Script_Host_.bmp

Sky,
You might want to ask this of the Support Team at https://support.xisto.com/, or via your Billing Account link.
The Web Disk is a Cpanel feature, so they may also be a good source of information.

Also, what operating System are you running? That may be a factor as well.

Maybe the ports aren't forwarded properly. Go to your router settings and forward them (2077 and 2078) and see if that changes anything. Or maybe there's a firewall blocking it, like it says in the error message ;p

Sky,You might want to ask this of the Support Team at https://support.xisto.com/, or via your Billing Account link.
The Web Disk is a Cpanel feature, so they may also be a good source of information.

Also, what operating System are you running? That may be a factor as well.

I too have the exact same problem.
This item is one of the first things used when getting started. I had hoped there was enough info to get started. However, the wizard which provides instruction provides very simple instructions, and tutorial. When looking at the documentation, it is very simple, and does not provide minimum requirements, additional recourses (that provide extended help) etc.
I imagine I sound like a newbee... well I am.

Any info to provide detailed instruction for required steps using the great hosting services would be greatly appreciated. I am hoping to be able to use (mostly) 0nly 1 reference. And would rather avoid having to become a web design expert just to get 1 page up that says Under Construction.

Thanks,
Edited by sirspdif (see edit history)

If windows scripting host is blocking your specific ports then you've to unblock them. It sometimes happen on with operating system. You can add these ports to exceptions in windows firewall in control panel. You've open windows firewall > exceptions> add port. Here you've to add port which were shown in the error dialog by your system. This should solve your problem. So if this is blocked from your operating system then it will be solved. But as webdisk is cpanel feature. You've to check the cpanel documentation. I didn't find any on google. Maybe i got query wrong. So i suggest your to contact support. You should open ticket to Xisto - Support. You will get perfect answer for your problem over there.

Or just search on the cPanel.net forums...there's bound to be millions, if not billions of support threads about this issue on cPanels site. I don't use the WebDisk thing anymore, however, hope you get your issue resolved, and sorry my answer was not helpful.-Sky.

I recommend you close you firewalls if you have and if the problem persists you can always contact the support trought the Xisto - Support/Billing Area and they will help you. I had a similar problem with a site and the problem was the cronjobs and someone in the support team helped me to fix the problem and get the website up again. So I recommend you to contact the support and maybe view if the ports are ok and If you don?t know anything about porst contacting the support you will get all the help that you need. Bye. And good luck.