xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
spawn_syxx9

Antivirus most efficient antivirus software ?

I use AVG and I think its a really good anti-virus it cleans out any trojan virus I might get in my PC. You gotta be joking right? Norton is ratest the most rubbish anti-virus out there!!

To be frank, I am not joking about AVG. I agree, it is a very good free antivirus at detecting viruses. The only problem I had with AVG is the amount of RAM it uses. AVG 7.5 version was really good and nice at using RAM. I love it. I used AVG for 4 years. But the AVG 8 disappointed me. It is a resource hog, occupied almost all my RAM. I tried reinstalling it and different tweaks. But no use. Thats why I switched to AVIRA. :lol:

I have bitdefender and thats all I have ever used so I don't know how good it is because I have nothing to compare it to. I really don't have any problems with it. I had my laptop for three years and I had three viruses that I couldn't fix my self. All of these were my fault because I download stuff from sites that I can just look at and know they are going to give my computer a virus but I go ahead and download whatever it is I was downloading any way. Other than all the my fault viruses I think bitdefender does and good job and doesn't take up that much space on my computer.

I have also tried many antivirus software.
and my experience has been as follows...

Norton-:Good but slows down PC ..low performance PC would tolerate bear this antivirus..

Mcfee-: Slow scan...a lot of processes...and not that good.

Avg: good scan and virus database but slows down..even ur internet surfing.

Zone Alarm: Good antivirus...best firewall....but slow scan and startup..

Eset nod32 :I think this is the one I have been looking for...good scan..good database..low resource usage.

and besides there is no better anti-virus than windows restore utility.I've only ever had one virus, people who get virus' regurlarly should not be let near a computer

I have tried restoring windows...but in my opinion its must be left as the last option...because..u loss data...some settings...even some exe or setup files...I have tried 2 times in my life...and I lost every exe file which were in other drives...both the times...I use xp sp2.

I in fact use a multiple of antivirus softwares...Norton isn't good at all... First of all, it can't pick up many virusses that are considered "Easy to pick up" by some of the other antivirusses... It also uses way too much RAM, and it thinks too important of itself (i.e. MUST always be on, etc etc...)I personally dislike AVG, but I like AVAST! AVAST doesn't use much system resources, its free and it has a pretty good virus database... Although AVAST!'s GUI is very user-unfriendly... :lol:Now...I use ESET's NOD32 alongside with Malwarebytes' Anti Malware and Spybot Search & Destroy...I use NOD32 as a standard antivirus, however... Malwarebytes' Antimalware is used when I know there is something wrong and NOD32 isn't picking it up fully (Though,by now I would've booted in to safe mode and ran SmitFraudFix.exe...)... And Spybot Search & Destroy is used to clean up possibly malicious registry entries...I rarely ever get major virusses (Indirectly, since I run them on an unsed computer (with no antivirus present) to see what they actually do...) as most are just rogue registry entries... ^_^Oh, and don't forget, another good way of stopping virusses from appearing is to use Firefox 3x with NoScript and ABP (AdblockPlus)...

I'm using an antivirus software called Panda, It's quick , it performs checks as in depth as Norton without the dmagae to your PC. IT's pretty cheap and covers everything , so it's worth a look :lol:

I used to use MCAfee. It had very slow scans, and stuff.I am currently using Norton, good, but sometimes its slow. My computer is fast, so I think Norton dosent affect it much.A tip for everyone: After installing something that takes up a lot of RAM, run Disk Cleanup and Disk Defragmeter every once in awhile, it will help boost your system's speed.

I used to use MCAfee. It had very slow scans, and stuff.
I am currently using Norton, good, but sometimes its slow. My computer is fast, so I think Norton dosent affect it much.

A tip for everyone: After installing something that takes up a lot of RAM, run Disk Cleanup and Disk Defragmeter every once in awhile, it will help boost your system's speed.

actually your tips not good enuf. yes, disk cleanup and defragment is important, but its doesnt affect usage of RAM. if some application need much RAM , u can not make it low. disk cleanup use to clean windows temporary files and defragment use to arrange fragmented files. so , both 2 activity doesnt related to usage of memory.

wat i experienced is more features need more memory where few features need few memory.

when u choose antivirus, must make sure u know wat u need.
if u install the features that u did not use , its will waste memory and space.

so, be smart to use any kind of software.

hope my tips or advises can help those who hard to choose antivirus.

Hey, there's no reason to really hate AVG. It does It's best to protect your PC. I think AVG does well on detecting, removing etc with malicious threats witch is pretty good for a Free Edition of an Anti Virus program. Not all Free Anti-Virus programs actually do It's best you know. ^_^Some remove some threats and leave the rest on your computer, but AVG removes them for you. Just give poor AVG a chance. :lol:-Sky

Personally I hate norton - it wrecks PCs, even ones with plenty of spare RAM. I use system suite 7, its out of date, as systemsuite 9 is now out, but it really good, it also has lots of tools for system optimization etc. It includes a nice firewall, and scans quite fast.Ive also noticed it doesn't slow down my system.Another great thing, it includes three licenses as standard.

yes norton isn't one of those free antivirus packages of the internet but i think you get what you pay for. i use norton antivirus on my computer and my computer goes resonably well. (well at least better than when i had free software on my computer). the free software is good for like defrag and registry fixing but for a real antivirus program norton is the best. i wouldn't use trend micro or zone alarm ( i don't trust those) . mccafee is also good especially for businesses.

Norton kills your resources, makes your machine sluggish. Though one of the market leaders and easy updates available I stopped using it. My laptop freezes while booting. I shifted to NOD32 and am totally satisfied with the results. It leaves noting behind with antivirus and spam protection with firewall. There is optimal performance from my laptop and am running with multiple tests done. I even brought virus from my friend's pc via pendrive and it cleaned them in a ziffy.My vote for NOD32

So my AOL keeps telling me that I need to download a new anti virus. It keeps giving me McAfee, but I have heard that they aren't so good. Which anti-virus progs do you people use that you feel is the best?

Dear friend you can get many good antivirus like AVG for free from the net But what I think is norton has the best reputation in this field. But it is not free and you have buy your copy. 

So my AOL keeps telling me that I need to download a new anti virus. It keeps giving me McAfee, but I have heard that they aren't so good. Which anti-virus progs do you people use that you feel is the best?

I do not all believe in Norton, honestly I do not believe in any of Symantec products, they are all the biggest viruses available.
Install them and you are gone.
I think, small packages such as KAV, NOD 32 are good ones and best ones to use for pc protection. I used them and found extremely efficient and I will recommend them to you as well.

Well as you try, you will realize my words.