xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Saint_Michael

Online Divorcee Jailed After Killing Virtual Hubby

Ok that title says it all and I nearly had a stroke thinking that was the reason for being arrested, but alas, she got busted for illegal computer use. Of course, this shows you how the internet has made people become stupid, first the guy for wasting police department time saying his digital character was murdered, second the cops actually listening to him and then dragging a women 620 miles because she did this. As for the women, get a life, if you can't handle an online divorce then your not able to have a stable relationship or even a marriage. Either way, it is still funny and yet sad at the same time go figure.

SOURCE

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

People are getting crazy! I don't understand what makes people do things like that, really. I'm sure that won't help her find a real relationship though. :) That would suck getting five years for that, But I doubt they would actually give her that.

Ok that title says it all and I nearly had a stroke thinking that was the reason for being arrested, but alas, she got busted for illegal computer use. Of course, this shows you how the internet has made people become stupid, first the guy for wasting police department time saying his digital character was murdered, second the cops actually listening to him and then dragging a women 620 miles because she did this. As for the women, get a life, if you can't handle an online divorce then your not able to have a stable relationship or even a marriage. Either way, it is still funny and yet sad at the same time go figure.

What are you talking about? The man's account was hacked and all his hard work was ruined. What's the difference between that and someone uprooting the vegetables of a proud allotment owner? None.

The headline makes the offence appear to be "online murder" which it isn't; the offences are gaining unauthorised access to a computer system and illicitly modifying data.

What are you talking about? The man's account was hacked and all his hard work was ruined. What's the difference between that and someone uprooting the vegetables of a proud allotment owner? None.
The headline makes the offence appear to be "online murder" which it isn't; the offences are gaining unauthorised access to a computer system and illicitly modifying data.

Actually, the trial, if any, should be dismissed. The article says that the guy willingly gave his account information away to the woman when they were "married." Although he didn't consider the risk probably due to his "love" for her, he should have still known the consequences of his action. Therefore the woman committed no unauthorized hacking. Otherwise the guy is as silly as the woman as SM says in his post; for who gives out account information for the fun of it? The guy also, i'm sure, has and had the ability to change his account password, he just didn't think this would happen. But if someone values virtual reality more than actual reality—the place where things are actually capable of being rewarding—then that tells you something about the person. Therefore the difference between these two gamers and someone uprooting someone else's vegetables is that the owner most likely makes a living from the vegetables. It'd be a slightly different story if the male gamer had entered a contest that offers money to the winner(s) and his character was one of the best out there, but that still wouldn't be equal to the scenario of the proud allotment owner.

virtual reality games have killed people's social lives and distorted their mentalities towards life! I do love virtual reality games and I've played a few here and there. they are fun, but we must know where to toe the line. this is crazy. fancy ruining her real life over her fake life!

virtual reality games have killed people's social lives and distorted their mentalities towards life! I do love virtual reality games and I've played a few here and there. they are fun, but we must know where to toe the line. this is crazy. fancy ruining her real life over her fake life!

MMOs / virtual social games dont kill players social lives or distort their mentality and MMOs and any other games isnt evil. The root cause is the players itself and their impressions to it. MMOs is there, if you dont play it, how would that ruin you totally?

Virtual marriage is very common, the female is have gone too emotional and took the marriage seriously and decided to take action on the character. I have married my characters to other females characters but once if i know i am no longer playing it, i would happily give my account info to my "wife" so she could do what she wants with it.

Still, theres players who couldnt accept that its only a game.

Actually, the trial, if any, should be dismissed. The article says that the guy willingly gave his account information away to the woman when they were "married." Although he didn't consider the risk probably due to his "love" for her, he should have still known the consequences of his action. Therefore the woman committed no unauthorized hacking.

Fine then. Maybe she didn't gain unauthorised access but she still didn't have explicit permission to modify any data, presumably just to view it so a crime is still commited.

herefore the difference between these two gamers and someone uprooting someone else's vegetables is that the owner most likely makes a living from the vegetables. It'd be a slightly different story if the male gamer had entered a contest that offers money to the winner(s) and his character was one of the best out there, but that still wouldn't be equal to the scenario of the proud allotment owner.

I doubt most allotment holders make a decent living from their patch. Most people do it for the fun of gardening and the rewarding feeling of being able to eat your own-grown produce.

lmao Okay now that I am off the floor from laughing my butt off.That is so stupid. 1st the police should be put away for believing all this. 2 the women should be put in the nut house. and 3 the guy needs a life! and not a VR life. Just tells me that VR games have gotten out of hand, if people can not understand IT IS A GAME! not real. then they need help.

I think this is pretty messed up. They're both grown people. They have no business playing a game that, by the looks of it, was designed for two year old kids. Still sounds like a pretty serious punishment just for deleting a guy's character, but I'm not the law.

i cant balieve it. althought there really is a crime commited.but an online character? mmmurder?can he just create another character for that stupid game.

Haha omg from your post title I though someone actually got jailed for "killing" a virtual character. Still what actually happened is pretty funny. I can't believe people take this online stuff so seriously! She deleted a character, she didn't "kill" anybody.They should really just grow up! :)

Edited by y4nzi (see edit history)

lol....This is pretty funny. I'm not even going to go into details on this one about how I think the outcome should be, as it's pretty obvious already. But I do want to say that I'm amazed at what children people can really be. Or is this a "Crime of passion?" :)