xisto Community
jlhaslip

Transferring My Account to the new system

Presently, I am operating jlhaslip.trap17.com.
I have the Xisto sub-domain hosting. I have a Parked Domain and also have several Add-on domains using a couple of my sub-domains.

As I see it, I should soon be acquiring a new account under the Credit System ver 3.0 for my Hosting.
Assuming that the Parked Domain become the new Account Domain name, and the Add-on Domains are retained, can you please advise how best to maintain the links between, say, jlhaslip.trap17.com and the new account Domain name, say jlhaslip.com so that the Google (and other) Bots will keep finding the files and so that I am not penalized for the loss of the jlhaslip.trap17.com links in the Search Engines.
An example of a link I would not want lost in the fray would be http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/. It has a very good page ranking in Google, msn Search, and yahoo, too.

Well I just transferred yesterday and all that is being done to the account is an upgrade and so in your case haslip as long as you have the number of park, addon's, and subdomains correct in your package when you ordered it. Then your account is set as their are no transfers happening just make sure your hosting package has everything your current account has before sending in your request and everything should go smoothly.

Presently, I am operating jlhaslip.trap17.com.

I have the Xisto sub-domain hosting. I have a Parked Domain and also have several Add-on domains using a couple of my sub-domains.

As I see it, I should soon be acquiring a new account under the Credit System ver 3.0 for my Hosting.

Assuming that the Parked Domain become the new Account Domain name, and the Add-on Domains are retained, can you please advise how best to maintain the links between, say, jlhaslip.trap17.com and the new account Domain name, say jlhaslip.com so that the Google (and other) Bots will keep finding the files and so that I am not penalized for the loss of the jlhaslip.trap17.com links in the Search Engines.

An example of a link I would not want lost in the fray would be http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/. It has a very good page ranking in Google, msn Search, and yahoo, too.

METHOD 1.

Un-Park the Main Domain from your existing SUB-DOMAIN hosting.

Apply for an account with the domain you UN-PARKED.

Un-Park domains from old account & now Park them in New Account

Also copy the data

METHOD 2.

Buy hosting with the same name as before (say..jlhaslip.trap17.com)

After verification, your existing account will be upgraded to logic plan. Make sure you buy enough ADDON/PARKED domains in customize options during order.

After confirming everything to be ok, Un-Park the domain you want to use as your MAIN DOMAIN say (jlhaslip.com).

Request us change your MAIN domain name from jlhaslip.trap17.com to say jlhaslip.com