xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Twilight-seraphim

I Am So Confused

i am so confused @____@ ok how many posts do i need to get the free web hosting? i came here only for that really but if i have to post i will i think i've gone insane digging thru google's 300,000,000+ results for "free web hosting" @______@ i wanted the hosting to put up my site that i made in ms frontpage for my own art site... u can see my stuff here : http://moog267.deviantart.com/?rnrd=114572 sigh ok i hope i get some one to help me >.<

you need 92893012 posts to have a free hosting.. (not really), but if you check the http://forums.xisto.com/topic/28-magnet-the-new-album/ forum, you should find your answer there.

when i first signed up (july04) i know the minimum posts you needed to have free hosting (with 15megas, and some bandwidth) were 15. but now it seems you have to post a lot more..

with the new credit system installed, i don't know how many posts you need... but,
i can hook you up with some space, if all you need it for is the site and images.

PM me here and i'll try to help you.

i believe it was 10 posts for minimal hosting, and the new credit system is only posts with 300 characters are counted, so it is a bit harder.I personally think the credit system is annoying, but it is quite fair due to the number of spam that gets posted in a day.

I dont understand what is the problem. The rules were as easy and simple as before. You make 15 posts, get statters package. You may also request for upgrades as you move along.And you fuel your hosting account by making regular posts which is effectively tracked by my new system. I dont want to put extra job on mods and admins to check members for activity. I am more interested in theey making normal posts and participating rather than get stressed out of the filtering job. I am still working on the scripts and If I get more time, I will make better systems which will allow you to get more detailed stats and also clear up the things.

i believe it was 10 posts for minimal hosting, and the new credit system is only posts with 300 characters are counted, so it is a bit harder.

I personally think the credit system is annoying, but it is quite fair due to the number of spam that gets posted in a day.

42837[/snapback]

sure,it is just like what NeXDesigns said...u should have 10 posts in the forum.i think that it does not confuse u to come to...if u really want to have the good free web hosting by Xisto. certainly,you must be active in Xisto for you hosting account too.hope you will enjoy yourself in Xisto community not only for your hosting,also good feeling in here.

...I am still working on the scripts and If I get more time, I will make better systems which will allow you to get more detailed stats and also clear up the things.

42861[/snapback]

nice, admin opaque :P detailed stats will definitely be useful. i want to point out that i like that the 'account credits validity' is reflected on the GENERAL forum page (http://forums.xisto.com/index.php). it's easier to check there than logging in to the link you gave via email. (https://support.xisto.com/) B) if you have the detailed stats soon, hope it appears on the GENERAL forum page as well for easy access. :D thanks. (btw, how about adding it as part of every forum page, near the top? just a thought :D)