xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Final)arkJon

New Computer built

I just built a new computer for a customer and she wanted 2 gigs, i agree 1 gig is entry level now, that 2 gigs i put in hers was the new DDR2 and i might say that computer was FAST

1Gb is entry level these days, why are you so confused, if I ever get a new computer it would have 2gigs...

46612[/snapback]

2GB?? wow ...don't u think it's too exaggerate?MY PC only 256mb of RAM

hey 2 gigs is not alot, it means the cpu doesnt have to goto the hard drive for information, it goes to the memory which running on a much faster bus, which in turn makes your computer faster, the more the better.

I just built a new computer for a customer and she wanted 2 gigs, i agree 1 gig is entry level now, that 2 gigs i put in hers was the new DDR2 and i might say that computer was FAST

46615[/snapback]

Do you remember the other specs for the computer? If the other specs are good, which I'm guessing, then that would be a sweet gaming rig. :D

MSI 915P Combo-FR Mobo CLICK HERE
Intel Pentium 4 Processor 550 3.4GHz CLICK HERE
TwinX 2.0GB Dual Channel PC-5400 DDR2 SDRAM CLICK HERE
2 X 160GB Internal Serial ATA 3.5" Hard Drive in RAID 0 CLICK HERE
Sapphire Radeon X600 XT 256MB PCI Express VGA DVI VIVO graphics card - Not on site to show you but they did have when i bought it.
Super LANboy Mid-Tower ATX Case CLICK HERE

A few ppl have shared there specs so i'll go ahead aswell. This is just the stuff ive got. i'm currently building it so soon i can have sweet speed. AMD 64 4000+ 2X 200Gb Maxtor DaimondMax10 S-ATA 480W PSU NEC ND3500 16x+R 16x-R Dual Layer DVD Writer Asus A8N-SLI mobo Corsair XMS memory - 512 MB x 2 - DDR, PC3200 Asus 256Mb Extreme N6800TD PCI-e Thermaltake XaserIII caseAnd yes, the Xaser isn't an amazingly good looking case but it doesnt really matter when it offers good quiet cooling: 7 amazingly quiet fans with fan controller.

A few ppl have shared there specs so i'll go ahead aswell. This is just the stuff ive got. i'm currently building it so soon i can have sweet speed.

AMD 64 4000+

2X 200Gb Maxtor DaimondMax10 S-ATA

480W PSU

NEC ND3500 16x+R 16x-R Dual Layer DVD Writer

Asus A8N-SLI mobo

Corsair XMS memory - 512 MB x 2 - DDR, PC3200

Asus 256Mb Extreme N6800TD PCI-e

Thermaltake XaserIII case

And yes, the Xaser isn't an amazingly good looking case but it doesnt really matter when it offers good quiet cooling: 7 amazingly quiet fans with fan controller.

46878[/snapback]

Nice set up man i bet it will kick some *bottom* when you get done building it

when I scan one regular photograph in lets say 1200 dpi (which is pretty good quality) I get a file which is around 1GB-1.5GB, I have 512ram on the laptop, so the 512mb-1gb portion sits on the hdd slowing things to a crawl and taking about 5min to load. with 2gb, none of this would happen! :D

Nice set up man i bet it will kick some *bottom* when you get done building it

47158[/snapback]

yeh, that when is stretching itself. . . . :D

I built it but graphics card isn't giving me any output :D

so ive taken my whole system in to be built up again. As its the place i bought most thigns from, they will rewplace anything which is faulty, which is from there.

Never mind lol

Does anyone know what is the largest size 10,000 rpm HD you can egt atm?

I was considering getting a few of them, but i could only find ones with 74gig.

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

there also bloody expensive, but would be bloody fast also :D

if you want to go EDIE or SATA the only thing i can find is the Western Digital 74Gb 10,000 rpm Raptor hard drive. But if you really want to have some fast and i mean fast storage you can go with the SCSI interface, if thats the way you think you can go then Maxtor has a 300 GB SCSI hard drive that runs at 10.000 rpm. the only draw back would be that you would have to purchase a SCSI controller for your computer and they can be expensive.(not to mention setting it up)