xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
TheDisturbedOne

Something That I Think Should Be Changed

Uh, that actually depends on the payment system used.Paypal, for example, doesn't charge the sender the fee, but instead charges the person who received.It would say something likeUsername - ??? - $10.00Paypal Fees - ??? - $-0.49Or whatever.

Must be different ways to set it up then,lol.

Here's a copy/paste from mine, minus the names...

Date				  Type  To/From  Name/Email		   Status	Details	Action Gross	  Fee		Net Amount  Sep. 7, 2008  Payment  From  (Name Removed)  Completed Details	$10.00 USD  -$0.69 USD  $9.31 USD   Aug. 20, 2008  Payment  From  (Name Removed) Completed Details	$10.00 USD  -$0.69 USD  $9.31 USD

From my experience paypal doesn't charge the sender. They just take a portion of the profits made by the receiver. They take 0.20 + 2% or something like that. It's been a while since I've used paypal. I didn't really like using it in terms of making sales.

If I remember correctly the amount they take is 30 cents + 4.6%.And it seems that they may have two choices, with the receiver being charged if the money is sent as a *payment*, and then if you set up *donations* you can have it set to where either the receiver *or* the sender is charged the fee.By default though it's the receiver.

I've used PayPal to send out money, receive money and things and I have never had to pay any kind of "fee". It depends what type of sending method you use. I use "Goods" and it never asks me to pay a little fee. If you want your forum members to donate, go to PayPal click "Merchant Services" then "Donations", or just click this link. You'll be redirected to the Donations page, you must click on the second Donations link yourself. There you can create your Donations thing. :)

-Sky

Well it also depends on if you are using a normal account or merchant.Normal incurs no fee at all but cannot accept credit card payments.Marchant can take credit cards but *every* payment has a fee.

Ok well this is what I want to do. I want to have a special rank just for people who donate. I already have that up. But I want it to be that you get to be that rank if you donate $20 a year or equvelant (sp). Such as if I wanted to be VIP for 6 months I would donate $10. I really want this in so that I can buy the hosting stuff and domains, and such, to make my forum even bigger. But I want it so that people can donate however much they want ($5 or more), but right now it says only $25 or more will let you donate. I don't care if I don't get the full donation credited to my account, I just want an acceptable amount of money showing up when people donate whatever they want to.Also is there a way that I can have a link that if people want to donate they can use that link and it will automatically credit my account. It may already be in place but I just want to make sure that that system is an option.

willielwgg, I understand your enthusiasm but please no bumping :lol:We're are currently discussing the minimum "deposit" using PayPal and why a minimum should be set. Due to the operating cost and merchant fees, if adding funds balance is left up to the donating person it would make undesirable diversion of resources. That is, imagine $1 here and $2 there... for each transaction there will be someone double checking the transaction. Setting a minimum donating amount could limit the "paper work" process.And the overall minimum of $25 was the default choice since it was a nice roundup number. But this is also in discussion, as you suggested, perhaps $15 or $10 is also a nice roundup number.I will give you more update shortly.UPDATEThe official answer is that the current minimum is easier to maintain the accounting by Xisto - Support staff. Currently there's no plan on revising this minimum deposit amount.

Yes, as I am using a merchant account now, I'm charged a small fee every time money is sent to my account. I don't believe I've ever been charged when I've paid money to someone else using paypal though. I'm not positive on this though, but I'm kind of thinking that I've only been charged when money goes into my account. I think I'm also charged a bit when I move the money from paypal into my bank account too.I know before I changed my account from regular to merchant that I didn't used to get charged anything, but there was limitations placed on my account.Edit: I was also thinking that if you wanted to just add an extra dollar to your xisto account, then it shouldn't be all that hard. Just come over here and make some quality posts and you'll have that dollar added to your account in no time. Plus, you won't have to pay a cent for it :lol: As for having people send you a dollar for donations, that must be possible somehow for your own site, because I've had people donate smaller amounts to mine on occasion.

Edited by midnightvamp (see edit history)