xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Ashara

Spore - Love It Or Hate It?

I just bought Spore, and have become addicted, so much so that I almost forgot everything else for a time. I do feel annoyed about certain things about it, but I put up with it for the game.What are your views on Spore? What do you like/dislike?

I love it. The first stage is Great, swimming about :) the creature stage is one of the best, it's great watching your creature evolve. The tribal stage, again can't take fault with it but this is where my issues with the game arrise.The city stage did not live up to expectation at all, the building maker and vechile making was fine but the cities themselves were awful, the buildings are too cramped, and you don't interact with the cities as much as I'd like. The Space stage is good as a sandbox but isn't as great gameplaywise, your best bet is sticking to 1,2,3 play through city stage and space yeah, but don't hang around. overall i give it a 7/10 It was hyped up so much and parts lived up to the hype and others didnt. Last 2 stages aren't as good as I thought they would be.

I loved the game 'till I got to the space part. It bore the crap out of me. Especially since I was unable to finish the darn quests, because I ran out of fuel every single time. And that every time my allies got attacked, and that I helped them, and that I had to pay 30000+ to not get attacked myself. Otherwise I'd been attacked and destroyed too. Great game, except the space part. I hope the new expansion gives a bit nicer gameplay to the space part.

I noticed that about the Space part myself, getting from one side to another was quite hard to do in one go.Heard one thing about alliance with the Grox, in that you turn all the other alliances against you if you do ally with them...

Evolix,the addiction i think is caused by having so much control makeing you feel god which makes alot of people feel good for some reason!I love the game it is so unique to any other!

I got really excited at first about this game. I liked the first part when u played as your monster and eat stuff around the world. I found the game to simple and i don't know childish no strategy involved no nothing just pressing the right actions. The space age is fun but that to just gets to be everyone attacking you over and over so u don't have time do anything. Before the game was launched i though that this is going to be a ecosystem simulation, like you created creatures and they the A.I. will do the rest and u will see creatures evolve fight, occupy territories, but no, the my dream was tossed out the window.

Spore is pretty fun. I like the space stage, but you don't get much time to do other things, like explore, because, once you get far, someone attacks, but I have only died once. I like the independence, and how you can make the colonies, and clothes, and vehicles. It's neat.

I like the creature stage, less. I still like it, though. But mainly what you do, is just exploring, and eating, killing, dying, and taking over. All you do is walk around, and hope you live. Not as fun.

Havn't played spore on PC unfortunately, but i have played the mobile game, not too bad. If the mobile game is anything to go by then i'd probably get sucked in to any other versions of spore.

Edited by inverse_bloom (see edit history)

I've never played Spore, so I can't say for certain. The gameplay looks alright, but to be honest it's not much. The cool thing about Spore is the creature creator, but after that it looks like the experience isn't as good as it could have been. While I can see myself creating loads of funny creatures, I don't imagine the rest if quite so full of replay value. What's more, it installs a nasty irremovable program on your computer called SecuROM, which I've heard many bad things about. Again, I don't have a huge opinion on Spore, as I've never actually played it, that's just my take on it from what I have seen.