xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
joeblogg

Advertisements On Trap17 I think there should be more ads

Advertisements  

24 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I do mind, I wouldn't like to see ads everywhere I look, or pop-ups, I don't think that ads makes a site more lively but cheap, like it desperately needs money. It's ok to have ads but in moderation nothing excesive maybe one or two small ads.. just my opinion

The best solution for this website is choosed.If you aren't logged in,few ads are showen.When you will log in,no ads are there.Maybe one more ad will be good but please no alerts,and popups.I think if there are lots of ads,with small body that will make the website very cheap.Yes,two or three ads and few text links is normal but more...

I think there should be more ads on this site. it means they can make more money so they can spend more money on the site to make it even better than it already is. i personally don't mind ads on websites they don't affect me and as i send above they give to company more money to spend on the website.

This is a NO NO!. They already have enough money they get from Xisto etc. I do not mind a few adds, Its just when its over done Loads of images and the very annoying flash adds. I also use ABP which is an addon for firefox where you can block them gay and annoying adds. But adds on this forum will reduce the size, Make it even more slow! and piss more members off...

I too don't like the idea of too many ads messing up the site. Ads are only displayed to the guests and members with less than 100 posts, right? Those are the people whom we need to convert into long-term members. If we scare them off with to many ads on the site then it's our loss ultimately and it will effect everyone indirectly. So I think the present number of ads are more than enough for good ol' trap :)

@simpleton,Not exactly. Ads on forums and ads on web hosting are two different things. People who come to Xisto and Xisto know that they'll get free hosting without ads. So if the ads are on the forum page i don't think they'll have any problem with that. And when it comes to any free service, people adjust on so many grounds. Then why not adjust service providers way of earning money ? If they feel scared with so many ads then i consider them as newbies which hardly come to any good hosts as they just keep on jumping from one host to another because of fear of ads on hosting pages. So it is upto newbies and visitors to know what they'll get from this place. This forum has so many visitors and earning from visitors via ads is the only method of earning. So i don't mind if anyone is using this method to earn money.