xisto Community
sanjay0828

A New Image Search Engine ... not exactly a NEW search engine, rather an interface over an exist

Hi all,

I have just finished adding the final touches to my new website - a more user-friendly image search engine.

Here is the link
http://e.freewebhostingarea.com/not-found.html

It is not exactly a search engine, but rather an interface over an existing engine (Google Image search).

Please give it a try and let me know what you think.

I am planning to add more features like zoom, crop, flip etc.
If you have any suggestions, please do post it.

Thanks,
Sanjay

It is certainly interesting, however it isn't much yet, it's google with an ad on top and a slightly less intuitive user interface, however if you start adding new features I think you might have something there. Keep us posted as to what updates you make and what features you add. What I've always wanted to see in google images is some sort of preview, so you can view the full sized image without going to the website itself. For example, some sort of "preview" link below each image that when clicking on it it opens a div layer with the full sized image in it.

Thanks for having a look

It is certainly interesting, however it isn't much yet, it's google with an ad on top and a slightly less intuitive user interface, however if you start adding new features I think you might have something there. Keep us posted as to what updates you make and what features you add.

I am planning the following features
zoom, crop, rotate, making the image grayscale etc.

These features should be out before the end of the week.

I am also planning to add a slideshow - so that you can see all the images you have opened without any user intervention

What I've always wanted to see in google images is some sort of preview, so you can view the full sized image without going to the website itself. For example, some sort of "preview" link below each image that when clicking on it it opens a div layer with the full sized image in it.

This is the same reason I created the site :lol:

Here, you get to see the full-size image without actually actually going to the site.

My initial design had a preview link under the image, but the problem was some images took a while to load.
I didn't want the user to keep waiting for the image to load.

So, I opened these images in a tab

Thanks,
Sanjay

Nice. But change the user interface. Change the home page first. Make it interesting. Its just looking like a simple page, we test on our computers when we learn. And, since the back button won't work, highlight "back to results" and forward and backward options to navigate through results easily. Anyway, nice idea...and nice site.

Nice. But change the user interface. Change the home page first. Make it interesting. Its just looking like a simple page, we test on our computers when we learn. And, since the back button won't work, highlight "back to results" and forward and backward options to navigate through results easily. Anyway, nice idea...and nice site.

I am going to do something for the back button

There is a tendency for people to click it.

Thanks for the suggestions.

- Sanjay

It would be great if you could have page numbers at the bottom of each page, and perhaps links to go to certain numbers, sometimes I like to jump around when looking for images and it's a little tedious to go one page at a time.

I know a wallpaper database you might want to try.

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Very, Very big database of wallpapers from anysize, I normally get the images to use in photoshop. :)

This is similar to yout site, except in my opinion better, you should try.

BTW your site is surprisingly very similar to google image results LOL :P

Make it nice, make it pretty, right now it is very bland, I like the idea but it needs to be worked on.

Make the background a color like this: COLOR

You might want to make a little logo as well that will make it stand out.

If you center the form you can make it into a nicer width (say 800px) and if you use a table you can put the boxes how you want them (make sure the table is borderless though.

Then put a copyright notice down the bottom.