xisto Community
FreedomOverdose

Mysql Server Down

I didn't understand the situation. Server status showing that mysql(5.0.51a-community) service failed and a red indicator. But its working normally. I executed some queries. Everything normal. Whats wrong?

The MySQL server failed for me too...what on earth is going on with the SQL server guys? Screenshot below in attachment.Hope it gets fixed soon.-Sky

post-67096-1223912079_thumb.png

do you know which server you are on? usually, you would be on GAMMA if you are hosted with Xisto, but then again you may be on another server... so it is good practice to take note which server you are hosted on (check it via your cpanel index stats [left side of the cpanel index page, scroll down] when you first log into it, then don't forget about it for future reference... like now).

it would also be nice to know what your site URI is so we may visit it and check on the error if possible (and save time searching for your hosting application where your sub/domain is indicated). besides, we may be incorrect in assuming your site URI which is experiencing problem.

FreedomOverdose: http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ --> SITE OK

-Sky-: http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ --> SITE OK

also, you may check on other Xisto hosted sites (usually advertised on member forum signatures) to counter-check if server services are down for them too and their site is inaccesible/inoperable as well. this is also to see if you have an isolated case, in which case you have to have to get in touch the soonest with Xisto - Support.com for proper resolution.

at the time of this posting, all systems GREEN across all xisto servers.

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Server Name gamma

cPanel Version 11.23.6-RELEASE

cPanel Build 27698

Theme x3

Apache version 1.3.41 (Unix)

PHP version 5.2.5

MySQL version 5.0.51a-community

We seem to keep getting some IPS Driver Errors on the forum because the SQL server keeps failing.

Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2008 15:11:52 -0700

Error Number: 2002

Error: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2)

IP Address: -removed-

Page: /forums/index.php?s=&autocom=shoutbox&code=ajax&type=shouts&ajaxkey=shouts&ids=first-load&global=1&__=1223935909058

Can anyone verify these errors? I can assure you It's not any problem with my IP.Board. The MySQL server keeps failing. :lol:

-Sky

Mysql is working fine for me this morning, although I did have a PM that said the Server had burped overnight here.They were likely doing some work at the Server end, maybe.