xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
magickosta

Ipod Touch Or Clasic ipod touch or clasic

The new Ipod touch comes with a full body speaker. You'd be able to listen to it without having to have wires in your ear all the time. Though I have to say that the new design and colors of the Nano are sweet!!!

If you want more memory(storage) for low cost........then definitely ipod classic.If you want style........then go for ipod Touch.....The memory difference is very large for these two.For example ipod Touch with 8GB memory costs more than ipod classic with 80GB memory.

Ipod Classic all the way i got one and my friend has aipod touch and his screen broke!! it is really sensitive and if you dont want your ipod to break get a classic!

I have Ipod touch, and it's absolutely great. And if look around the apps aren't that expensive anymore either :lol: I've been using it for a lot of things now. I play games on it, keep my agenda. Check things online for school, watch videos and of course listen to music. ^_^ And what's that about sensitive? I don't know why you think that but it's definitely not sensitive... You can almost pound on it and it'd still not break. I do suggest you get a protective layer for the screen and an armor for the ipod touch itself.

Ipod Classic all the way i got one and my friend has aipod touch and his screen broke!! it is really sensitive and if you dont want your ipod to break get a classic!

If you don't want your iPod to break, don't drop it...

It is my job to work with these things all day and I have yet to find a touch who's display "broke" by itself without you dropping it, assuming that by broke, you mean physical damage. If you mean that his display stopped working by itself, (which is quite rare), he can have it fixed by making an appointment at the genius bar. Go to apple.com/retail, select the closest apple store and make a genius bar appointment to resolve the issue. All iPods come with a one year warranty that covers any problems except accidental damage and theft. If there are no apple retail stores nearby, your friend can call 1-800-MY-APPLE.
Edited by galexcd (see edit history)

i'll keep this short yet to the point:i have an ipod touch, and right now if i were given the chance to buy anything i desire, i would buy another.it.is.awesome.a gaming console/media player like no other.

It depends what you want it for.

If you want just an ipod go for the classic. If you want something more like a PDA go for a touch. Have a think what you really want. What you need is an ipod. after there its what you want, and future-proofing. Do you want an ipod with a tonne of features? or do you want an ipod with a tonne of storage?

That is the question.

It really just comes down to this:Would you use the wi-fi features of the touch a lot? Do you want to have to look at your device to control it? You can easily control Classic without looking, not so much with touch.Are you interested in higher quality games, or do you already have a good handheld? Touch wins.Do you really need to carry around 30,000 songs? Classic can.Do you want a bigger screen for video? Touch has.Are you mainly looking for the best music device playback in a device? Classic wins.I personally have an 80GB iPod Classic. I have tons of memory, and I don't really need the other features that the Touch offers since I have a PSP and DS lite. I'd say, if you don't have a PSP or DS, then go for the Touch. If not, then you won't really need those features since the other devices make up for them.

Edited by Cat5e (see edit history)

It really just comes down to this:
Would you use the wi-fi features of the touch a lot?
Do you want to have to look at your device to control it? You can easily control Classic without looking, not so much with touch.
Are you interested in higher quality games, or do you already have a good handheld? Touch wins.
Do you really need to carry around 30,000 songs? Classic can.
Do you want a bigger screen for video? Touch has.
Are you mainly looking for the best music device playback in a device? Classic wins.

I personally have an 80GB iPod Classic. I have tons of memory, and I don't really need the other features that the Touch offers since I have a PSP and DS lite. I'd say, if you don't have a PSP or DS, then go for the Touch. If not, then you won't really need those features since the other devices make up for them.

I was just about to say that I was surprised nobody had mentioned Wi-Fi on the touch yet. For me, that's been the most useful feature of the Touch, whether I just want to check my e-mail but don't have my laptop or am not near a kiosk or if I want to see how long it will take for the shuttle to arrive. But then again my music library isn't that big so the Classic isn't really that attractive. I can see space becoming a bit of a problem later on, but the Touch does come in a 32 GB flavor...

Hello!It really depends on your needs... Personally I watch a lot of videos on youtube to help me understand all the medical and biological stuffs that happens in 3D (For example DNA replication and so on...) so it helps me a lot watching those explications that peoples put on youtube and even some of my teachers. Also, I listen to a lot musics, but not enough different to make it the 160 Gig or what ever it is on a classic one. I bought myself the new touch 16 gig and it is the best thing I've bought as mp3 player... It have a calendar, time, weather, Google maps and so on. (Even internet using safari web browser)...I use it everyday to watch videos and listen to music, so I get to use it's full potential. You can even play games on it you know... it really worth it.But if you are a person that wants to buy it only for listening to music and have a huge collection, I really then suggest you to buy a classic one and listen your music there. There is a great screen there too and you can load it up till the end and enjoy it as much as I enjoy the touch =DPrices are relatively the save...Good luck deciding!Tim.Edit: I should add that the battery life is also to be considered in this case: The battery for the iPod classic can be used much longer than the one for the iPod touch, because the classic has a smaller screen thus less energy is needed to make it work =D

Edited by ihost (see edit history)

I personally would get a Ipod TouchI like the Ipod Touch because it has more things to doI dont know about anyone else, but i get bored just listening to music and nothing elsePlus the Touch has the Wi-Fi capability which is awesome if your around a hotspotThe only wasy i would get a Ipod Classic is if i wanted it for tons of memory and thats it, but i cant even think of 4gbs of music.

I simply love iPod Touch. It's called 'iPod Touch' because it has the touch-screen feature and plenty of others. It's almost like the iPhone, except it doesn't have the phone calling feature. There are plenty of things to do on the iPod Touch, and it's worth the price. If you don't want extras, but just a music player then the iPod Classic is the one for you.