xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
longtimeago

Say No To Sinful Ways Jesus Forgives all our Sins

Many modern Christians have lost sight of what the Bible means when it talks about repentance. They think that repentance is feeling sorry for what they did, while continuing to live just as they have lived before. True repentance means to change, to turn away from, and to go in a new direction. A person must first acknowledge that he is a sinner. When Isaiah was convicted of his sins, he said,

Woe to me! I am ruined, for I am a man of unclean lips.

(Isaiah 6:5) When Peter met Jesus he got convicted and said,

Lord, I am a sinful man.

(Luke 5: 8) This process of conviction is brought about by the Holy Spirit, and not by ones own effort. True repentance cannot take place unless there is a move of the Holy Spirit in the heart and mind of a person.
After conviction of sins and repentance, a person should have the determination to forsake sin. He should change his attitude towards self and sin. Again, it is only the Holy Spirit who can give a person the determination necessary for true repentance. One cannot be a Christian and live a kind of life he wants to, because when Christ enters into the heart He wants to be the Lord and Master of every area. He demands complete surrender of ones emotions, intellect, will, talents and abilities. Jesus demands Lordship over all things. He wants you to yield everything concerning your social life to Him. He must have first place in everything you do or think or say, for when you truly repent you turn to God for everything writes Billy Graham in his book, Peace with God. So friends, do not be a Christian for namesake. Truly renounce all your sinful ways, make a complete turnaround from sin and walk towards the merciful Father who is ready to accept you into His outstretched arms.

So lets pray this simple prayer ..
Lord, I am sorry that I kept sinning against You. Forgive me and help me to change direction and walk in Your ways. In Jesus name I pray. Amen.

Good topic. I have a question and I would like to put it up to you w.r.t. an example.Suppose, I have a drinking habbit. In my ignorance, I urged people around me to have occasional sips. Soon to realize the people around me are now drinking. Things go very good for a year or two and now suddenly, I look at myself and my actions when being drunk and start repenting over the same.I now realize that drinking is a sin to myself. And I bring the change in me .. But what about the important people in my life who have now taken up drinking and want me to drink. I can say no to them once.. twice or probably for a year more. But I wish that the loved ones around me realize the same too. I see no matter how much I convince, it just does not work that way and I feel my desire to drink growing staying in their company.What would you suggest?

Good topic.
I have a question and I would like to put it up to you w.r.t. an example.

Suppose, I have a drinking habbit. In my ignorance, I urged people around me to have occasional sips. Soon to realize the people around me are now drinking. Things go very good for a year or two and now suddenly, I look at myself and my actions when being drunk and start repenting over the same.

I now realize that drinking is a sin to myself. And I bring the change in me .. But what about the important people in my life who have now taken up drinking and want me to drink. I can say no to them once.. twice or probably for a year more. But I wish that the loved ones around me realize the same too. I see no matter how much I convince, it just does not work that way and I feel my desire to drink growing staying in their company.

What would you suggest?

I am thinking that drinking is not a sin. An if being driven it depends on the self of the drinker, the awareness, the ability to become clear in mind, not to shaken his consciousness. When consciousness is dropping due to the reason of drinking, then this must be a mistake. And for the example, is being driven, we could just drink a bit not until we are drunk, isn't it possible? And there is a no logic for everything, truth is not being a logical or having the full understanding about doing this is right, doing that is wrong, its a matter of heart and faith.

I drink but I often hide it from my church mates because I don't think I can stand a debate when they try to prove how evil I am for drinking bear. I drink because I don't see anything wrong with it when our Lord changed water into wine. We are still following his gospel and I don't think anything has changed from that day.Now why I wrote this post is I need verses to support me when we debate about it. I also want bible verses against it so that I'll be well equipped in a debate.

Many modern Christians have lost sight of what the Bible means when it talks about repentance. They think that repentance is feeling sorry for what they did, while continuing to live just as they have lived before. True repentance means to change, to turn away from, and to go in a new direction. A person must first acknowledge that he is a sinner. When Isaiah was convicted of his sins, he said, (Isaiah 6:5) When Peter met Jesus he got convicted and said, (Luke 5: 8) This process of conviction is brought about by the Holy Spirit, and not by one's own effort. True repentance cannot take place unless there is a move of the Holy Spirit in the heart and mind of a person.
After conviction of sins and repentance, a person should have the determination to forsake sin. He should change his attitude towards self and sin. Again, it is only the Holy Spirit who can give a person the determination necessary for true repentance. One cannot be a Christian and live a kind of life he wants to, because when Christ enters into the heart He wants to be the Lord and Master of every area. He demands complete surrender of one's emotions, intellect, will, talents and abilities. "Jesus demands Lordship over all things. He wants you to yield everything concerning your social life to Him. He must have first place in everything you do or think or say, for when you truly repent you turn to God for everything" writes Billy Graham in his book, Peace with God. So friends, do not be a Christian for namesake. Truly renounce all your sinful ways, make a complete turnaround from sin and walk towards the merciful Father who is ready to accept you into His outstretched arms.

So lets pray this simple prayer ..
Lord, I am sorry that I kept sinning against You. Forgive me and help me to change direction and walk in Your ways. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Dear friend its really is a good and informative title. Thanks for starting such a good topic. Obviously I agree with you that God forgives every sins of yours. Obviously that doesn't mean that you just indulge in sins and then ask for forgiveness and again repeat the same. Unless and untill you are going to learn from your sins then what is the benefit of all those teachings given in those holy books. I think many a times the problem become worst when these books are interpreted in a wrong way. Any way thanks for such a good post. 

We are all sinners. But God loved us so much that he gave his only begotten son as a ransom for the sins of the world. By his blood, by his cross, we are all forgiven of our sins. That is not to say that we are free to sin. There is a judgement for all. But by Christ's blood the judgement has already been taken care of for us. :)

well for me at the post written by sir opaque why not say no? and make a move also for them to stop drinking? why not playsport golf, badminton or even basketball or maybe you could go travel make a vacation or even play computer instead of drinking right? what I mean is there is always a way when you want, and there is always a reason when you don't want.and if you love people around you then take care of them too

How do you define sin? Anything that is not right. Well actually the definition of sin is more than one's own thinking. To a priest being unholy is a sin and to a prostitute being unholy is her way of livelihood.The Bible forgot to tell that what you do to feed yourself and your family is no sin. To a thief stealing is no sin. Although to a common man or a police stealing is an offence and be brought to justice. If there is no choice for the thief but to steal then it is not a sin but if he does it as one of his choice for easy earning then it definitely is a sin. A boy wants to work to get a piece of bread but no one offers him the job and he cannot feed himself and resorts to stealing then it is not a sin.A man who kills another man is a sin but a man kills another man in a battlefield is no sin. To be more accurate no sin is a sin until and unless it has been deliberately done to do something wrong. To achieve good marks in your class when your teacher is not teaching anything in the class but teaches tuition and you resort to cheating in the class exam is no sin. However someone does this just to get more marks is sin.So understand what a sin is and don't do if it is a sin.