xisto Community
Starchaser

Cpanel Down i cant open my cPanel or connect to FTP

I just got my whole web hosting thing set up, but the trouble is, all of the suddent, whenever i push the cPanel link it tries to connect for a while and then i fails, the same with FTP connection. Everything was ok just a while ago...is it a temporary thing?

Hello Starchaser, welcome to Xisto Free Webhosting, No Ads! ^_^

cPanel seems to be alright for me, and probably for everyone else. If cPanel goes down, It's only temporary. If your cPanel keeps failing to connect to your account after 10 tries, then It's a connection problem between you are the server.

Make sure your allowing access to Xisto servers etc, and have a good, maybe excellent connection signal "If with Wireless" to your Internet.

If for somewhat reason you still cannot connect then again post back. My cPanel is working fine for me, no reason why it's not for you. :lol:.

-Sky

If you have had multiple incorrect login attempts, it is plausible and likely that you have been IP banned.

To see if you have, simply view any other Xisto hosted page, such as mine (check my sig), or sky's (check his sig), etc. If the page doesn't load, then you've most likely been IP banned.

To revert the ban, you will need to either seek live support or submit a support ticket at Xisto - Support.

In the meanwhile, you can use any proxy to view your web-page.

To avoid being IP banned, make sure you input the right passwords, and check that the url for your FTP program is correct!

As earlier mentioned, can we please get a sticky regarding this, since it seems a lot of people have had this problem at some time or another and it would be useful for there to be a easily accessible post for anyone who hasn't yet encountered this and isn't sure about what's happening.

Starchaser, go to Xisto - Support.com to have your issue resolved. submit a ticket there, addressed to the appropriate department.

The same thing happened to me earlier. Just go to live support and they'll get the problem fixed for you in no time.They acted much faster then I expected. O.o;

I'm just going through this right now, it's a fassle. It was fortunate that I found this thread otherwise I would have been stuck. I can access the forums here at the moment and the Xisto homepage but the support page doesn't load.I would have had to get access to a different network access node and attempt a login from there. It seems a little excessive though for a free 500megs.

IP banning based on multiple Login failures is a Security measure to stop attempts by Brute Force Hackers. It is easy enough to have your IP removed from the Ban List. It is very difficult to restore a site/account once hacked. Personally, I prefer that this measure is in effect.

how do you logon to you site? the Xisto web hosting is very complicated and i don't have the first clue what to do. i got an email saying my request was approved. i then clicked the cpanel thing and then i went through the tutorial which i didn't understand and then i logged out and when i tried to logon the cpanel again i couldn't! can someone please help me!