xisto Community

My small problem in my CSS web site is to integrate the dropdown submenu. When I integrate the submenu, I have as the result a submenu list .... :lol: I have searched already for solutions on the web, but couldn't find the real one .... ^_^

Providing the code you are using would be most helpful, especially if the generic solutions you find on the web aren't helping.

actually I haven't used before a js code ... it was just experiment of mine ... I did it like this ...
<div id="menu" <ul>  <li> ...  </li>   <li class="submenu"><a href="#"> ... </a>	  <ul>		<li><a href=" ... "> ... </a></li>	  </ul>	</li>
but I realised that I actually didn't define the submenu in the css, so when I was clicking on the menu item ... I got a list ubder this item .... :lol:

I noticed you did not close the <div> tag at the top... you should or you are going to have problems with it. Also if you put an opening tag, you should put a corresponding closing tag. Not sure if you heard about xhtml, otherwise W3schools has a very good tutorial about it. It's pretty easy to write valid Xhtml and it might save you a lot of problems when designing and developing.In fact you should always validate your Html with something like Html Tidy if you are hand-creating webpages or page elements; sometimes your CSS does not work right when the (x)html code is 'bad'. Personally I use a free Html editor called Html-Kit to create my pages in.