xisto Community
mm22

Crop Circles: Greetings From Aliens Or Human Exercises one of the most fascinating controversies out there

Crop Circles: Human or Alien Nature?  

7 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I like this section of the forum because we can discuss about all these cool and at times intriguing stuff... so this is one of them!

I've seen a couple of documentaries and read a couple of articles about those drawings appearing from time to time in the countryside of England (and not only there I think). If you haven't heard of the phenomenon before here is a short introduction:

on a quiet summer dawn people drive/walk to their field only to discover something unusual has happened that night: part of the crop has been pushed down to the ground and entangled by a mysterious force

it's only by looking from high above that the drawings become clear, as they span through a large area, their patterns seem to resemble old drawings from lost civilization and they are all characterized by precise proportion and faultless symmetry

a closer look gives us more hints: dead flies appear on the corn stems as if they were hit by a strong electromagnetic field, moreover a higher than normal concentration of ferric material is detected around the area

Now, those hints suggest two things:

some kind of electromagnetic field is involved in the process

it is very unlikely anyone could make those drawings by standing amidst the crop, given the size and the intricate geometries of the drawings that make it seem more likely a 'top-view' is assumed by the 'artist'

Among the 'terrestrial' theories is the one claiming the military might be accountable for the phenomena, they would do that by using helicopters equipped with some kind of 'maser', which is like a laser but uses coherent magnetic waves instead of light waves. This maser beam would be projected onto the field through a 'mask' holding the desired pattern and... here we are, our piece of art is ready!

The 'alien' theories come in several flavors and include links to ancient South American civilizations, however they usually fail to state the reason for the circles, why would someone from out there do that? there has to be a reason, it can't be just for fun :lol:

To me the 'military theory' seems pretty reasonable, although there are a few holes, for example the fact nobody has ever reported of hearing helicopters during those nights...

So, what do you think about it? dun forget to vote ^_^

To me the 'military theory' seems pretty reasonable, although there are a few holes, for example the fact nobody has ever reported of hearing helicopters during those nights...

And there is no logical reason for doing such a thing, if it was a new type of weapon they would test it in area 51 for the states and various other locations for other governments including of course far out at sea or in a desert. Adding fuel to the "There are aliens" group really isnt a logical thing for governments because it is these people that are most vocal about government secrecy.

As for aliens, i doubt it. I do believe in aliens, i do not know if they have visited us though. Again, there isnt much logic involved in aliens doing it either. If they wanted to make contact they might drop a piece of technology or something, or arrive in a fleet or paint their names across the sky. Of course you could argue that doing so would invoke the might of the military which the aliens dont want and so they go with a more placid demonstration.

then you have to consider it is all hoaxes, like the ones that have been admitted. They too were virtually perfect in their design and execution and yet were made by men with boards and strings. also the dead insects and slight microwave radiation damage can be done with a modified microwave oven and the metalic filings were replicated by detonating a small bomb full of small filings.

In short i dont know the answer, however all these things can be easily faked by people, including lights on recordings (though it would be very hard to fake flying orbs of light in real life it is too easy to add them in as a visual affect in any video editing program.

I like this section of the forum because we can discuss about all these cool and at times intriguing stuff... so this is one of them!

I've seen a couple of documentaries and read a couple of articles about those drawings appearing from time to time in the countryside of England (and not only there I think). If you haven't heard of the phenomenon before here is a short introduction:

on a quiet summer dawn people drive/walk to their field only to discover something unusual has happened that night: part of the crop has been pushed down to the ground and entangled by a mysterious force

it's only by looking from high above that the drawings become clear, as they span through a large area, their patterns seem to resemble old drawings from lost civilization and they are all characterized by precise proportion and faultless symmetry

a closer look gives us more hints: dead flies appear on the corn stems as if they were hit by a strong electromagnetic field, moreover a higher than normal concentration of ferric material is detected around the area

it is very unlikely anyone could make those drawings by standing amidst the crop, given the size and the intricate geometries of the drawings that make it seem more likely a 'top-view' is assumed by the 'artist'

Among the 'terrestrial' theories is the one claiming the military might be accountable for the phenomena, they would do that by using helicopters equipped with some kind of 'maser', which is like a laser but uses coherent magnetic waves instead of light waves. This maser beam would be projected onto the field through a 'mask' holding the desired pattern and... here we are, our piece of art is ready!

The 'alien' theories come in several flavors and include links to ancient South American civilizations, however they usually fail to state the reason for the circles, why would someone from out there do that? there has to be a reason, it can't be just for fun :lol:

I think it might be some kind of supranatural forces that make it, i have seen several pictures of this crop. Some theory say it is man made. But I doubt so.

The faultless symmetry is not easy to be built in such a large area, and from what i know it does not only happen in one place. Such a phenomena is similar with nazca lines, where I think some kind of force is trying to contact the people on that area about something using the symbol drawn in crops.

But as i said, it IS possible to create some of these complex shapes without an overhead view as demonstrated by many hoaxers who admitted, and filmed themselves, doing it. One group paid a farmer to let them use his field and filmed it all. I still dont know how many are hoaxes though

I really wonder about this myself as well. I don't think aliens would create crop circles though. And I do believe that humans are easily capable of doing this kind of things without anyone noticing. Does anyone know if there are any researches about this?

I really wonder about this myself as well. I don't think aliens would create crop circles though. And I do believe that humans are easily capable of doing this kind of things without anyone noticing. Does anyone know if there are any researches about this?

Well, in my guess, well I have not yet seen it by my own
Some negative energy which has very high concentration in them, might cause collision between the place, the collision result in the bending crop and create those shapes. Since the energy is the manifestation of a complex structure of universe (which we can see in natural environment, such as bee hives and so on all has natural shapes being created because of energy wave that implants in the consciousness of those animals).

And there is no logical reason for doing such a thing, if it was a new type of weapon they would test it in area 51 for the states and various other locations for other governments including of course far out at sea or in a desert. Adding fuel to the "There are aliens" group really isnt a logical thing for governments because it is these people that are most vocal about government secrecy.

on the other hand if people are busy thinking of aliens they do not concentrate so much in criticizing government policies and the like :lol:

In short i dont know the answer, however all these things can be easily faked by people, including lights on recordings (though it would be very hard to fake flying orbs of light in real life it is too easy to add them in as a visual affect in any video editing program.

That's so true, almost anything can be faked with a little effort especially when talking about recordings or photos... in the case of the circles it might well be an attempt to revive sinking revenues from agricultural crops ^_^

I think it might be some kind of supranatural forces that make it, i have seen several pictures of this crop. Some theory say it is man made. But I doubt so.
The faultless symmetry is not easy to be built in such a large area, and from what i know it does not only happen in one place. Such a phenomena is similar with nazca lines, where I think some kind of force is trying to contact the people on that area about something using the symbol drawn in crops.

Yes, the Nazca lines are another of those intriguing mysteries and, as opposed to crop circles, where drawn at a time when we would not expect such sophisticated technology nor opportunistic media... thus the 'alien' theory holds better for that case!

After all the explanation for these phenomena might be "simple"... if we admit several dimensions, beside space-time, coexist in the same "place"... well in that case there might be 'leakages' from another dimensions we cannot see, something like "oops, I didn't mean it, I went a bit too far!" :lol: of course that's a bit far-fetched for our present knowledge of the universe, however didn't we think for millennia that "time is absolute"?

most of the Crop Circles are made by humans to create hoaxes and as business. Circle Makers is one such company which does the business of making crop circles, http://www.circlemakers.org/. I do believe that there might be another civilization or even many in the universe. We know a very little about our universe and even closer we know very less about our earth. Each year our scientists are finding new species of animals and plants across the world. Even after all the technological advancements there are many places on our earth where no man has reached or seen and our oceans are yet to be explored. Man boasts of setting the foot on moon several thousands of miles away from earth but man has gone just 3.9 KM into the earth ( World's Deepest Mine to be completed in 2009 - http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/. So far man has reached only 3585Meters (http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/). Let me stop myself here :lol: (If anybody is interested in discussing further on this topic, ping me)

Let me stop myself here :lol:
(If anybody is interested in discussing further on this topic, ping me)

that's a good point, humans try to go to other planets and yet they haven't been inside ours... except in movies! but what about drilling with probes, did they do that just for ice layers in Antarctica? is that considered "exploring" at all?

beside all that, do you think there is a point in favor of going deeper into the Earth crust? I mean, ultrasonic mapping and the like have given many insights about the inner composition of our planet and it seems like nothing too interesting can come from there, if not some more magma ^_^ has anyone ever mentioned there might be extraterrestrial life down there?

just a few thoughts anyway... I do think pretty much everything has its own interesting stuff in it, we just have to look for it and perhaps find a way to make it interesting :D

that's a good point, humans try to go to other planets and yet they haven't been inside ours... except in movies! but what about drilling with probes, did they do that just for ice layers in Antarctica? is that considered "exploring" at all?
beside all that, do you think there is a point in favor of going deeper into the Earth crust? I mean, ultrasonic mapping and the like have given many insights about the inner composition of our planet and it seems like nothing too interesting can come from there, if not some more magma :lol: has anyone ever mentioned there might be extraterrestrial life down there?

just a few thoughts anyway... I do think pretty much everything has its own interesting stuff in it, we just have to look for it and perhaps find a way to make it interesting ^_^

Yes that's true, as I know we haven't yet been able to go to the ground of the deepest sea, because of the high pressure. And what is making Nasa so hard finding other planets? They even send many rovers to Mars, and what is even troubling me is in fact they have found something on the surface of Mars that they dare not comment. For examples I have seent pictures on mars that show trees on the planet, and even a place that is blue and have waters and some kind of algae. Nasa even finding water on rocks and so on, though there is obviously a lake on the surface of Mars, how information is distorted by them? Could they just say "we have found water on this lake and we want to examine water exitence in other places by cracking the rocks!" this clear people's point of view rather than a news saying found water and quickly delete the news after several day then other news saying water not found and place it big on the site! And why not explaining those trees that make up a forest like things? And don't ever mention those glass tube that lies along the surface of Mars, as you found water we will already happy not to mention you found some aliens.

Atough I beleave in ET's I think most of the crop circles are man made.It is not that difficult, with some ropes, piece of wood, and 5 people you can make an impressice circle.There are even people who made this as a form of art.I did read an article about crop circles and there was a man who made really really impressive circles andadvanced geomitry.But It might be that some ET's made them to, maybe its a game xD.The one who makes to most impressive crop cirle wins an intergalactic holiday :lol:

As far as I know it is possible to hoax a crop circle... I remember seeing a documentary on Discovery Channel (not just once, but a few times) about a group of MIT trying to recreate a crop circle together with the whole array of weird phenomenon related to them. They managed to do it, but they barely had time and they used an explosion (a thing which cannot be used by someone who is trying to hoax a crop circle because of the noise and light involved) to distribute the metallic parts over the filed. But what is more important is the fact that their circle was very simple compared to many of the intricate designs spotted "in the wild". One weird thing I remember is that once they finished the crop circle they tried to shoot some pictures from the air using a helicopter. As they were hovering over the circle suddenly, for no explicable reasons, the helicopter lost power and almost crashed. If it were not created by themselves I'm sure they would have said that the properties of the crop circle were to blame. It might have been some effect of what they did to the field since they bombarded it with microwave... or it may simply have been a technical malfunction of the helicopter. Even if a technical malfunction it serves to show us that not everything unexplainable is unnatural.

On the other hand I do believe that we are not alone in the universe - otherwise this would be a very dull place :D Who knows? Maybe the aliens have some kind of Prime Directive stopping them from landing in front of the White House and they are trying to raise awareness by drawing circles in crops. Maybe they have said something like this: "Let's take that primitive earthlings one step at a time?" And considering our infinite morality and wise use of our technology (see nuclear bomb) I can't blame them at all...

Somehow related to this subject I've heard today that they have discovered snow on Mars... Not exactly on the ground, but up 2km in the atmosphere - believe it or not it is snowing on Mars. :D Who would have guessed! If it is possible to snow on Mars I'm sure it is possible that aliens are drawing art in our crops!

My choice is not in the poll. I personally think it is natural. I think that sometimes there is a chemical of some sort that spreads out in a circle from its source. Maybe rings without a damaged center happen when the chemical in the middle has disappeared while the chemicals still crawling out are still there. I also think that some of them are made by humans, either by spilling chemicals or by going out with a mower and wreaking havoc. Whatever it is, though, must be human- or nature-caused. People's obsession with aliens is quite entertaining, though. I'll be the first to admit that "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy" is an awesome movie (and I'm almost convinced to read the books when I get the time).Mythbusters should do something on this subject! Maybe they already have...

Edited by curtis07 (see edit history)

As far as i know they don't use chemicals, why would they ??And also I don't think its a natural couse that wouldnt be possible, those created cirlces are to good to be made by nature. Altough I know nature can makereally perfect circles but not in this way.