xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
minimcmonkey

Viruses - Another Pointless Step Why, what is the point, of going so far.

wah you are so great sky, even can write hacking software for ppl, can you do me a favour? helping me to find the flaw of my site http://www.sorainnosia.com/ so that I can improve it?

I use AVG too, people say avira is better but I use AVG since it is light, don't know how avira is? What do you think about best and free anti virus?

I use AVG too, people say avira is better but I use AVG since it is light, don't know how avira is? What do you think about best and free anti virus?

AVG light? I don't think so. It is resource hog. I had been using AVG for 4 years and changed to AVIRA recently. Avira is lighter than AVG. And of course free. But one annoying thing is there with Avira. When you update, it will display an annoying browser window of their ad. And another one is you need to sit before your computer if you want to perform a full system scan. Because, if Avira find a virus when you are scan your system, it stops scanning and prompt for action. Of course, you can change settings it in settings, but its settings are not that much user friendly. By the way, its Real time monitoring is very good. So no need to perform full system scan frequently.

Really I prefer AVG concerning user friendly ness, and its speed of scanning. But its latest version made my system sluggish. So I switched to Avira which is using low resources of my system and doing nice job in detecting viruses.
Edited by xpress (see edit history)

AVG light? I don't think so. It is resource hog. I had been using AVG for 4 years and changed to AVIRA recently. Avira is lighter than AVG. And of course free. But one annoying thing is there with Avira. When you update, it will display an annoying browser window of their ad. And another one is you need to sit before your computer if you want to perform a full system scan. Because, if Avira find a virus when you are scan your system, it stops scanning and prompt for action. Of course, you can change settings it in settings, but its settings are not that much user friendly. By the way, its Real time monitoring is very good. So no need to perform full system scan frequently.
Really I prefer AVG concerning user friendly ness, and its speed of scanning. But its latest version made my system sluggish. So I switched to Avira which is using low resources of my system and doing nice job in detecting viruses.

Innosia didn't say AVG Light. He said he had AVG.

I use AVG too

The only problem I had today with AVG is it wouldn't update the virus definition database, I had to restart my computer and try updating again. Finally it worked.

Heh, stupid Anti-Virus programs huh? :lol:

Innosia didn't say AVG Light. He said he had AVG.

Hi Sky, refer to this innosia post...thats why I wrote that post.

I use AVG too, people say avira is better but I use AVG since it is light, don't know how avira is?

I am just giving information about AVG, because I am one of the most experienced users of AVG.