xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
jesseruu

Mobile Phone Operating Systems? Is it possible to modify the firmware of your mobile phone?

I have unlocked at&t f160 mobile which i was unable to update the software. And have many problems with this software. Is there any chance for me to change this operating system to Android. If so how can i change it. Plzzzz help me.......

You cannot install just about any operating system on a mobile phone. It needs to meet the hardware requirements of the operating system and, on some phones, you need access to special hardware and software to install the operating system.Unlike computers, mobile phones were not intended to be general purpose usage devices for end users to service. You can install apps and that's just about it. A PC is built for users to be able to select components to install such as the kind of hard disk drive, the peripherals, and the capacities of the various components that make up the computer. You can select an operating system as long as your hardware meets the minimum requirements although typically one is preinstalled for you. A mobile phone is not expandable or flexible like a computer and therefore there is hardly ever a need to select between multiple operating systems and hardware components.

i have a samsung galaxy 5 phone, it had some problems so i took it for repair, unfortunately the android wen n it got some SAM OS, is it possible for me to get back to android? n if it is how can i do it?

In other words, HTC did not abide by the OHA rules and used Android phone OS for a tablet even tohguh Google told them not to and now they are trying to point the finger at Google because they don't have access to Honeycomb. . . . is that about right?Well, I guess HTC can just wait then. Another reason to be avoiding these tablets that don't have Honeycomb on them.If you are going to use a free OS the least you could do is follow the guidelines, HTC.

Android is the best mobile open OS. You can do anything with it , and there are apps for anything. If you want to customize the core you can root your phone and edit all the functions , and even install ubuntu on it.I have 2 android phones and planning a new one. I've bought HTC Desire which had only 2.2 Froyo support. But i have 4.0. How? By rooting the phone. I don't even void the guarantee because people over here fix the phones even if you root your phone (unlike in USA).I would recommend Android to anybody. It has great design , much faster than iPhone , you can add live wallpapers , customize keyboard and many features iPhone does not have , like voice assistance which works outside USA , awesome maps unlike iMaps...