xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Lightning73

Which Sport Do You Prefer?

Which sport do you prefer?  

14 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I didn't choose any of your sports because I don'tdo any of those whatsoever.Why didn't you listswimming for summer sports? That's one that I do take part in.In winter trying to walk on icy sidewalks is a sportin itself.One that I don't choose to take part in, but Ihave no choice. Nobody does.

I think that 'board sports' are pretty fun for a certain adrenaline 'doze', but I don't know if they are healthy. Probably not, and they are pretty dangerous. According to me, cycling is pretty fun and healthy, and it's less dangerous.If you are asking me, get some not hevy ball and go into the water! You know which sport I'm talking about, that's the best exercise and almost the best fun a man can get. Cheers

Although I never watch any of the events we get to vote on exclusively, but when the Summer and Winter X Games are on I try to watch them and of course the Winter Olympics as well. Either way I am a College and Pro Football fan along with College basketball, especially during March Madness.

I like to watch sports, especially World championships, Euro-leagues and Olympics, both Summer and Winter.. All the rest sports, I usually don't have the will to watch it.Anyway, from the voting list I only like skiing, even though with such winters in my country, it's usually only a month you can do it, sometimes a week in all the 3 months of winter.. I sometimes ride my bicycle in summer, but do not skate :DTo talk about other sports, I like football (no the American one, but European also known as soccer I guess) as I played a lot of it being a teenager, even though I played a lot of basketball too, but with time my friends did grow up taller than me and I couldn't play as good as I used to, so I didn't really play it for years now :DI also am going to the gym, weight lifting is quite fun, even though I used to go regularly, but sometimes I made yearly periods of not going there, maybe because I'm lazy.

I've tried a number of sports in my life and the one I enjoyed the most was surfing. I really loved surfing it took me travelling to many different places, put me in touch with nature and the pulses of the planet.The energy and raw power that you witness and experience in big surf are just awe inspiring. Sometimes you might be close to death but if you stay calm the whole experience becomes deeply spiritual.Surfing keeps you fit in a number of different ways. It's an endurance sport in many ways. The average number of paddle strokes it takes just to get out back is 8000. Can you image going to the gym and doing 8000 reps on one machine? In the surf you have to do many sets of 8000 reps each.Then there are the hold downs. In big surf you can be held under by a wave for up to a minute or more. You will have hardly had time to take a full breath and you will have been panting from paddling hard. See why some people drown out in the surf?Oh yeah -it also takes away a fear of drowning - you kind of get used to the environment.Usually the sea air is so fresh it will clear your head. Sometimes you have to trek and climb to get to the surf spot. Then you have to trek and climb to get back out - after 5 hours or so of physical exertion.Regukar surfing improves your swimming and overall endurance without you even realising it.You have so much fun whilst getting incredibly fit.It is now a shame that surfing has become so popular that most of the easily accessible good breaks are totally overcrowded and there is a bad attitude often in the water. If you're reading this - don't bother getting inspired to go surfing - it's already too crowded.