xisto Community
Hooligan

What's The Highest Known Processor Speed Achieved? HIGH SPEED PROCESSOR - FASTEST PROCESSOR

I was reading a personal web site a couple of months ago that was discussing the owner's experimentation with a 3.7 Ghz processor and liquid nitrogen cooling. If I recall correctly a speed in the area of 5 Ghz was reached, but I don't recall exactly. Have any of you seen this site and/or do you know where it is?

Highest speed achieved is on Intel Pentium 4, and that is 5255 MHz, FSB running at 309 MHz, system bus at 1237 MHz, and memory clock at 206 MHz And the greatest part is CPU heat sink temperature was -196 degrees Celsius Chipset was cooled with a compressor, and CPU with liquid nitrogen...

You can find a sample movie, along with mani others, on this site http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ Hardware Guide

There are also movies showing what happens when you remove cooler from the CPU, how to build water-cooled system, and others Very good site, especialy for us freaks :P

the highest speed is 6GhZ (phase cooling)....for now ;)

42565[/snapback]

Wow, can you tell me where did you get that. Last time Tom's use liquid nitrogen. Now what is phase cooling. I would like to have some more information about it. Like CPU type, motherboard etc.

...new record....the highest processor speed...with petnium 4 .....it worked on 7,2 GhZ...but only in BIOS...still a new record......search with google..you will findit easily

CPU : Pentium 4 570J 3,8 GhZ @ 7,2 GhZMBO : DFI 925XE-T2VRAM : OCZ PC4200 R2 PlatinumFSB :800MhZ--> 1520MhZCPU Voltage: 1,4V-->1,95VMemory Voltage : 1,9-->2,3Vthe computer worked stable only in BIOS on 7,2GhZ...but he succeded to work stable in WinXP on 6,6 GhZhe..used liquid nitrogen for cooling...i think..

Well the highest that has been achieve has been in the 5-6GHz range which is bizarre because these machines where in the 2GHz range to begin with, OverClock#1. Of course I check out other forums and some people have claim someone else has hit the 7.0+GHz range and it was stable to :P. It's amazing where people get the money to go and destroy computer hardware just to test how fast they can get them.

The fastest (commercial) non-overclocked chip is I believe the Power 6 by IBM according to http://www-03.ibm.com/press/us/en/photo/21558.wss Trust IBM to build such fast chips...the same people that sell Teraflop super-computers...*smile crosses face as dreams of playing games on computer*

The biggest problem with identifying the fastest chip is that no-chip lasts particulaly long when over-clocked: so the question is rather, what is an acceptable life for it to be overclocked for, before it can actually be classed ACTUAL speed as opposed to temporary: i.e. will the 10 GHZ processor last a year? Otherwise you could overclock a chip to run at 20 GHZ at home...at least for 2 seconds before it vaporised itself...

Otherwise you could overclock a chip to run at 20 GHZ at home

No you can't, no option as high as that would be available.

*smile crosses face as dreams of playing games on computer*

But as far as I know, none of them consist of a single-cpu computer? If not, then don't expect a boost in games. Just as dual-processor computers actually make games go slower, so should these super-computers. That is, until they're made with decent multi-threading.

To all of you, that are rabbiting on about 7.0GHZ+ processors, It is a load of crap. The greatest record ever archived, (and it has been confirmed) is 6.57GHZ and that was running in BIOS. Later they tried it on DOS6, and managed a staggering 6.82GHZ, then they tried win98, and received a feeble 5.44GHZ. they did not test XP, as that would have slowed it down even more. I think they experimented on RAW BINARY and received something close to 7GHZ, but it has been confirmed, that no matter what specs your os, or system is, It would be defying they laws of technology to exceed the 7.03GHZ limit. There may be processors available with that power, but nothing to challenge them into showing their true potential. Intel Claims to have a 7.6GHZ Quad Core, but that is highly unlikely, as it would take about a gallon of LN per second to cool the flipping thing. Trust me, there is absolutely no reason to continue this discussion, it has been concluded. I do not post comments for fun, I research everything I find interest in, and pardon me, but I am obsessed with Processors, and their power. Thanks for reading. Reece.PG Tech OnlinePcgenius.co.nr-Pc Genius

what about electomagnetic oscillator converter

What's The Highest Known Processor Speed Achieved?

I have wanted to use frequency inversion to cool processor with an electromagnetic oscillator,

By matching the frequency with magnetic, this device can absorb energy down to 4 hertz as well as detect, so if the frequency of the processor was set to 4Ghz, the magnetics would match the frequency of the cpu and match it and it would eliminate the need for fans by neutralizing the frequency to operate at a normal level of 0 degrees regulated by the freezer coolant temperature

Here are some of my thoughts if someone would like to try it I have a device form an old freezer that was used to absorb vibrations so if you would like to talk about I am in vancouver, bc and maybe we could try an experiment with magnetics and a fan frequency speed controller

-reply by darrell

WRONG, IBM RULEZ

What's The Highest Known Processor Speed Achieved?

Nope IBM just broke a new record 1000 million calculations(Petaflop)in a session,shouldn't it be like...A billioflop

-reply by Geek