xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Agung3

Is It Possible To Save Money If You Have Kids? Credit Tax

hm, it cost money for food clothes and other needy things and off course kids will be using items such as television so that will add up to electric bill and bath/shower you know.

If you ask my mum she would say no. My dad would say yes. You can always save money, but yes you will use more money than you did before. Kids cost. Kids feel more grown up if they for example get a certain amount of money each month that they can use on clothes and other things they need. Sure this will not work when they are like 1-7 years old, but it sure helped me and my family. I have to work for my money and that helps. My mum has less chores to do and that sure helps her a lot. The stupidest thing you can do is to for example just give your kids a lot of money... they need and should work for it. I am lazy so my mum has saved a lot of money. :) Some parents just give their kids what they need, while others also give them things they want. Something in the middle would be the best. When I need something I get it, but when I just want something I have to pay for it myself. I hate when my mum or dad have to spend a lot of money at me so I often pay things I need too. :) How generous. It really is their money, but anyway...

Please elaborate your question a bit. As there are people from various countries here. From where you are and what is this credit tax all about.And is there any law in your country to get tax benefit for having kids.

Edited by bhavesh (see edit history)

hey, guys. don't be so hard on Agung3. this is in the business forum, and it clearly states in the topic subheader about CREDIT TAX. :) try to limit the discussion on the issue.i will not defend agung3's one-liner, but it is sufficient enough to continue the discussion and not close this.

in my opinion, it just depend on the person.. yes i know people that lose their money more than ever after they got children, but i know a lot of other people that could save even after they got children.. the important thing IMO is the discipline.. if they are smart enough, they should have prepared before the child born.. a long term plan like the child's school fee should be planned before they even think of getting any child.. ahhh what's i'm saying there? i'm not even married yet!

Yes, you can have the joy of raising children without going broke. Although we live in a very materialistic society, it is incumbent upon all of us to teach our children well. They will feel the tug of peer pressure, the "need" to have $100 Air Jordans. If you can teach them money literacy early, you will have gone a long way toward saving them years of financial and emotional grief. Kids learn best by example. If they see you buying new shoes every month, they will want new shoes. If you get the newest computer every six months, they will want the new Nintendo. If they see you being smart with a dollar, they just might learn that, too.

It's probably bad timing for me to say it now, but since I've taken on the responsibility of three kids in the household, I've been losing out.Christmas is around the corner so it's kind of a moot point whether my viewpoint is good or not, since we've already started and still are buying Christmas presents for the kidlings. :) Depending on how much you actually earn and what your living situation is, you could still manage to save a considerable bit of cash... but that's if you have the willpower in not spending it on the casual things we take for granted (especially when you were single and kid free, like being able to dine out, buy video games, fuel your hobbies, etc.).Anything's possible... but I would be a poor example at this point and time. :)

You can always save money. One dollar a check, two dollars, ten? You just have to make small sacrifices, and make sure not to spend the money on something else. It takes will and patience.Of course a good way to save money is to be energy efficient. Buy those energy saving bulbs. Sure they're expensive now, but in the long run they save you a good deal of money. Don't leave things left on overnight, don't wash small loads of laundry, etc. etc. There's lots of ways you can save money. The hardest part is actually not spending it on something else. Course it makes it easier if you get your kids involved and teach them the importance. The reward of a better future should be enough to encourage them to help out!

having kids just create more sin. The world is already filled with population but even human can't control their lust, that's why population has over growth. having kids means that the kids will grow with sin, anyone is a sinner, that's why, why keep creating new sins? Repent your way.

having kids just create more sin. The world is already filled with population but even human can't control their lust, that's why population has over growth. having kids means that the kids will grow with sin, anyone is a sinner, that's why, why keep creating new sins? Repent your way.

Innosia, I take it that your religion focuses more on the negative aspect of every living thing being a sinner unless there is repentance, confession, and acceptance of the set of beliefs that you participate in? How does this have to do with anything about being able to save for a financial future with kids as part of the equation? The only things that I can think of may include something along the lines of the seven sins, and of course, if you aren't a glutton, lust for material goods, or become lazy and refuse to work to earn for a living, you should be somewhat on the right path. :)

I believe we're discussing if you already have kids, not if kids are a waste of resources. Besides, I don't think the population has overgrown too much. Maybe in some places such as China it has. The whole world as a whole? No way. We have enough resources to take care of everyone and even then new research and studies are making things easier.

okay maybe I am wrong in some way, fyi, I just share a different point of view the reason I am saying this is simple, since i have seen enough couple that feel very tired of their life, earning money is not easy in my country, people getting depressive, and i just wonder why they know that life is so hard and yet they still complicating things by having kids? Since kids need money to grow, then studies, college, and so on, and what if the kid is grown in a wrong path, like becoming drug user, or even being jail because of doing bad things? So how much faith a parent put on the kid's shoulder? While they cannot always keep an eye to their kids?If saving money, I think the best way is not spending money, try to save as much as possible from small things

I see what you mean. A lot of people have children long before they're ready. It ends up hindering them for the rest of their life. It's a sad fact but it's true of most people in the world today.