xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
EdgabtheGreat

Whats Your Favorite Web Browser

I prefer Firefox 2. Firefox has some really annoying features. I hate it when something works great and they add all these bells and whistles and make it a heap of junk.....maybe i'm just getting old :DI use IE as some pages just load things better on it such as video i.e. watching footy replays at http://www.afl.com.au/ :)I haven't looked at chrome but maybe google is becoming like MS trying to dominate everywhere.Firefox loads many pages 10 times faster than IE. I heard chrome loads even faster.My pet peeves are related to privacy. I don't like browsers that remember EVERYTHING you type and everywhere you go and want to have drop dows and try and guess every search for you...it's just annoying.Probably a personal thing browsers...like mac or pc....laptop or desktop....holden or ford :)) i'm an aussie heheGo Holden!KJ

I have been reading that Chrome seems to outstrip Firefox on memory usage and loads far faster. But Opera still beats them all.

Is Chrome really much faster than the rest at running JavaScript? Cnet reports that Chrome tops IE and Firefox in an Acid3 test . Chrome currently clocks in at 78 out of 100 on Acid3, while Firefox gets 71 points and IE7 gets 14 points. Apparently the only release quality build to beat Chrome is Opera, which scores an 83 points.

Try this and see what you score for java script: http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/
Try this and see what you score on Acid 3: http://acid3.acidtests.org/

I'm using Internet Explorer and I scored 15 points on Javascript and 12 points on Acid 3.

I use IE7.0, FireFox 3.0, Opera 9.Opera is fast, and it uses less system resource, in my opinion.FireFox, maybe it is more secure than IE.IE, it is the most popular one, some websites looks weird unless you use IE.I haven't tried Chrome yet.But I will.:)

Edited by HappyAlex (see edit history)

Opera...Always Opera...The worlds fastest browser. I love Opera, due to its speed and functionality. And its built in features like Speed Dial, mouse gestures, inbuilt torrent client, ftp client, mail client and many more features. My most favourite among these features are speed dial, session manager and mouse gestures. I can open my favourite websites with just a single click. And coming to mouse gestures they are very handy. You can do many things with just a single click of your mouse...For example if you want a new tab, just hold the right mouse button and draw a vertical line and a new tab will be opened...very easy.And its inbuilt torrent client is working very well now.Now I am downloading all my torrents from my browser itself. And a latest feature Content Blocking allowing us to block any image or ads with a single click. Opera is just an amazing browser. Most of these features are available as extensions in firefox. But they are inbuilt in Opera.And my second favourite browser is FireFox....Nice features and security. Got some nice extensions. I mostly usefirefox for my development purposes. Extensions like HTTP Live headers, and Leet Key are very useful for development purposes.

I've never used Opera before, if it's the fastest I should give it a try.I use both Google Chrome and Firefox 3, but I think Chrome is better than Firefox. Chrome seems to be a lot faster and doesn't have all that annoying clutter. Still both are great browsers.I use Internet Explorer sometimes. Internet Explorer 7 was good, but IE 8 is really getting on my nerves. They have a lot of annoying bugs to work out before it's ready. Every now and then when I close IE it starts opening an infinite amount of new tabs and you have to end the process to stop it. :lol:

I use firefox 3 and i have been using it for a while nowI also use Google Chrome and love the simple design it has and impressed by how lightweight it is.Am surprised to hear that a lot of people use opera i might give it a try just for curiosity's sake.But firefox it is for me and a long time before it wont be.

I use Firefox and now i have started to use chrome, just to check it....I think Firefox is way better IE...now maybe chrome is giving it some fight....but i still feel Firefox is better.....but its been a couple of days since i have started using chrome...so i think i will be able to review it better after a few days...as far as speed is concerned, i think chrome is a bit faster than Firefox, or may be i think so....because that is what we are all expecting from chrome.....

I haven't looked at chrome but maybe Google is becoming like MS trying to dominate everywhere.

yes, that's true...but we must see that they are coming with good products too...I heard the same thing everywhere when they launched their messenger gtalk....in fact, even i believed that Google will fail to do something good ....but we all were wrong..gtalk is really good....

Chrome has a simple and impressive design and it is fast ....lets see what it can do...
Edited by klusk (see edit history)

I use ie7 and firefox3 about equally as much. Performance wise they seem about the same to me but that might be because ie7 is on the desktop with a 3.2 GHz processor and the firefox3 is on a 1.5GHz laptop. ie7 works pretty much out of the box whereas ff needs tweaking to get optimal performance.

I use Internet Explorer 8, which right now makes me angry :lol: I use Firefox 3 which isn't that great either. And I use Google Chrome which seems to be the best one O have right now. But I want to try Opera cause I'm hearing alot about how great it is.

I tried using Opera on my computer before but it just isn't supported enough, like my favorite forum that was based of vBuletin wouldn't even load right. Like the box to type posts in was all oodly vertically stretched (not wide enough). Because of this I never used it more than a few minutes.Internet explorer is just to insecure, bulky and slow.Chrome was too basic for me, not enough options. Last time I used it, I couldn't find any way turn on auto scrolling (when you click center mouse button to turn cursor to scroll arrow). I liked how zippy and light weight it was. I found it the best for buying/downloading mp3s from Amazon.com quickly without their faulty download tool. Another thing was that the address bar doubled as ONE and ONLY ONE search function. I like having options.I tried Safari. Loved the look, but it was just lacking in features similar to Chrome.FireFox3 is where it's at for me. I'm hooked on Adblock, Greasemonkey, and other add-ons. Also I like the compatibility, very few problems there. The tab system is my favorite, and the search bar is great how you can have google, yahoo answers, wikipedia, eBay, and more of my favorites all in one drop down menu. FireFox3 wins!

i don't like mozilla firefox. its really anoying and theres nothing good about it so why would you bother downloading it?google chrome is cool because its different, its looks heaps different to ie and mozilla and opera. i don't mind opera but like mozilla theres nothing really special about itits easier to just use internet explorer :lol:

Mozilla Firefox is the number 1 internet browser in my opinion. Why? Well, first of all:1) Plugins: Can be very helpful such as the Fast Dial plugin which allows you to look at the 9 sites that you have saved and show a thumbnail as well. They are easy to install and make your browser more customizable.2) Speed: The speed is just great, what else can I say?3) Homepage: Where else would you want a perfect homepage other than Google? Opera is good, but its too fast speed for me can cause problems. Internet Explorer is just pathetic, as it goes too slow.