xisto Community
williamm

What Operating System Do You Use?

What Operating System do you use the most?  

23 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Well compared to Vista, XP is faster (if this what you mean by more powerfull), but Vista leads in all those gadgets and options, which i personaly find unnescecary, but some might find them useful, so it's a matter of taste. But XP has more bugs, no doubt about this. Plus, many know about upcoming Windows 7, they just might make something descent and people will jump to reformating their hard drives and installing new Win OS. Besides, Microsoft is making slow, but steady moves towards encouraging people going forward: DirectX 10.1. Now some might say: i don't need it, i'm happy without the extra effects. But let's rebebmber DirectX9 and 9c. Whan letter changed allot, DirectX 9 cards didn't have the ability to launch 9c games and 9c became standart, whereas X9 died. Automaticly X9 card became absolete. Now XP SP2 has support till 2010 October, then there is SP3 which will have 24 months support as well. Do you think that by year 2010 DirectX10 won't become standart? It will, and we will have to move on despite our views, because there is no chance Microsoft will integrate DX10 in to XP. It's the same as becoming your own rival.

Sadly, I mainly use a Windows computer. The question I ask myself every day is "How will it crash this time?" Of course, I've tried and failed to install so much stuff that it's almost blameless. Almost, but not quite.

Um.. i think you forgot Microsoft XP Media Edition, because that's what I use.I use Windows Vista Home on my aunts comp, and back 5 years ago I used 98, which was ridiculously slow.Although I heard that windows vista isnt so good because there are compatibility issues, and there are many programs you cant use on it. Also, I heard it takes a long time to load because of all the graphical effects and stuff like that.XP has more bugs and errors, vista does not.XP runs much faster, but vista runs slower (from what I've heard)Vista has better graphics, XP's dosent look so good.Vista has functions that almost nobody ever uses, so it's unecessary. (Holds back speed)The best one I've used is the one I'm currently using now, and I think the service packs are all that matters in making improvements to it, but, everyone has their own opinion, right? ^^

Edited by harrison858 (see edit history)

I use a combination of Windows XP Home, Windows XP Pro, Vista Home Premium, and Vista Business. I also use Vista Ultimate and Windows 2000. For servers, I use mainly Server 2003, but I have used Windows 2000 Server. In linux/unix, I use SuSE, FreeBSD, CentOS 4 & 5, and RHEL.

Actually i used many operation system b4, and i m using dual windows Vista home premium sp1 and xp pro sp3.each windows has its own purpose. in xp i used to play game. and vista juz used for entertainment.bcoz vista of incompatibility, i rarely use vista.i oso used fedora and xandros. i used its for my study.

I USE WINDOWS 98~!! nah...... I use Windows XP~!! =) It is better and faster than buggy Vista......Can't wait til Windows 7 comes out

I USE WINDOWS 98~!! nah...... I use Windows XP~!! =) It is better and faster than buggy Vista......Can't wait til Windows 7 comes out

It'd probably be even worse than Vista... Those Micro$oft guys never learn.

I use WinXp SP3 for gaming/study and the likes, however for programming and trying out stuff I use Gentoo Linux with VirtualBox onboard. Though, I still prefer Wine over VBox...
Yes, I know that Gentoo is for developers only, or for servers, so that they have better security. But systems bundled (is this the right word? plz correct me) with Gnome, KDE or xfce pull in a LOT of dependencies that cannot be solved by unchecking the needed components. OpenSuSE is prob the best one in this sense (I used SuSE 10.something, not the Open one yet), as the YaST manager checks for dependencies before the install.

Hell... that was a relatively short post.
Hi all!))
[that was my 3rd post]

Well I don't use and Linux or MAC only Windows. My computer has Vista Basic, Mums has Home Premium, Step-Mums has Home Premium, My bro has Ultimate, Other one has Xp Pro and Step-dad has xp pro as well.I love vista atm and when i get my new pc I will have home premium, very good OS. Love the games with Ultimate but!

My taste buds gets sore whenever I install an OS. Just this or that driver will not load or crash, or there is a security issue. There are also problems of multiple boot as I had lost multiple installations. Now I have three hard disks.1 160 GB Seagate baracuda a) XP Pro SP3 b)Vista Ultimate c) Backup d) backup2 40 GB Samsung a) Redhat3 8 GB Samsung a) XP Pro SP2 (Standby Recovery Disk)