xisto Community
Deretto

Did My Heel Just Split? And Calluses

Ok both of my heels have been callused for some time. The other day I felt a sharp pain in my left heel while I was working. It was minor so I ignored it. When I got home I was horrified to find a crack in my heel! Like, the skin just tore. It's starting to heal now, but I'm sure this is going to scar. What should I do about this? How do I get rid of this callused heel!

Same thing happens to a friend of mine. She uses a salve to soften the calluses and moisturize the skin in that area. It works to stop the cracking for her.If it persists, I suggest you get a Doctor to look at it.

You should totally get a doctor to look into it. Although I am unaware of some major problems stemming from pain in the heels, you never know. I would suggest go visit a doctor, let him run some tests, prescribe you some good medicine, and hopefully you'll be healed in no time. Rather be safe than sorry.

I don't think. It's quite a common problem actually, and I know some friends who have it. My friend who has eczema has cracked heels. I think your problem might be like hers. You might want to visit a skin doctor. My friend got some medication for her condition.

You can go to chemist and get a pack that should contain a pumice stone and a heavy duty balm/moisturiser. All you need to do is pumice the rough skin daily then use the balm. Keep doing it for maybe 2 or 3 weeks and over time it will look and feel a lot better.I have had to do this as I live in a very hot climate and wear sandals all of the time even at work. There are different types of pumics stones made of different materials. Some you can use whilst in the shower some are better dry.Whilst you are moisturising the area think about other dry areas too such as your elbows and maybe face...keep you looking younger...longer. Sounds like a commercial right :)KJ