xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
andresf91

About Epson Printers How often the ink heads clogs?

I'm considering buying an Epson CX5600 multifunction printer, and I heard that if you have an Epson stuck some time, without using it, the ink in the heads will dry out and clog the heads through which the ink comes from the cartridge.Id' really appreciate if anyone could tell me how often does this happen?Thanks, Andr?s

This will happen with most of the printers .. I have a Canon MFP and that also has this problem but that will happen only if I leave it for too long .. besides the Clogging problem theres a greater issue.. The printer will loose around 0.5 - 1 ml of ink every time it starts ^_^ .. and the Ink cartridge is costly .. atleast in my case since its a photo printer Anyways.. Clogging occurs if your printer is not used for around 7-8 months .. that is a rare case scenario in my case .. I buy around 3-4 cartridges every year. . so it doesnt get clogged.. I hope if you are buying a MFP your use will be similar to mine and hopefully it wont get clogged.. I'll recommend you go with Canon. . Bcoz the quality is better and plus you get loads of free software :lol:but then its your personal choice ..

I finally decided for a Canon... well my dad actually did because he's the one who bought it. He chose the MP140, which has scanner included. It's not meant for photo printing like the MFP but it's quite useful anyway.Thanks for the advice!Andr?s

Great :lol:I am using MP150Works like a charm.. It wont clog but you might end up spending some extra on the cartridges .. One advice though.. Dont use the Refill option for this because of two reasons. 1.) It will affect your printing head if the INK is not made for this printer 2.) Printer might show you empty INK even if the INK is full (Happened to me initially and then i stopped going for the refills)AND IT DOES PRINT PHOTOS ^_^ INFACT GREAT PHOTOSI use it all the timeTry finding Canon Photo papers... I can't seem to find any over here. So i use desmat.. Happy Printing

The problem of dry out ink is not only with epson.

If you do not use regular of your printer then your ink will dried out and the head will be clogged.

If your cartridge will suddenly stop working then shake it for some time.May be it will work and your cartridge will again back in the business.

I used to have an Epson Ink Jet and the amount of ink it used was ridiculous I didn't even print much at the time. There ink is way more expensive than most other printer brands and like you said in your topic the Inks to stick I went on Holiday for 2 weeks and came back and the ink was gone! I find epson a crap brand and now have a Kodak Laser Jet printer at ?300 and ?30 for a colour toner which can do 2000 pages and has wifi built in. So much better than Epson! My other printer lexmark never had all these problems unlike the epson.

I'm considering buying an Epson CX5600 multifunction printer, and I heard that if you have an Epson stuck some time, without using it, the ink in the heads will dry out and clog the heads through which the ink comes from the cartridge.
Id' really appreciate if anyone could tell me how often does this happen?

Thanks, Andrés

You need to print at least once in 2 weeks. This way it won't happen)