xisto Community
-Sky-

Inactive For A Few Days [resolved]

Hey Trap People. Unfortunately I won't be active maybe for the whole of today, and tomorrow, possible Monday aswell.
My Internet connection has messed up due to Norton's Firewall. I think Norton may have blocked all access to the Internet for my Wireless Internet connection. Right now, I am just uploading my backup .rars onto Rapidshare, then doing a complete system hard drive wipe. This should complete in the next few hours, I'm not 100% exactly sure how long It's going to take.
So, I might see you all back here in a few hours. :)

EDIT: Maybe, a few hours then. :D But hopefully I have fixed my problem. I just need an Anti-Virus. Can anyone kindly assist me to a perfect good fast Anti-Virus/Internet Security program?

List of the programs I do not want:
AVG Anti-Virus/Security Suit
Panda Anti-Virus/Security Suit
Nod32 Anti-Virus/Security Suit
Avast Anti-Virus/Security Suit
Norton Anti-Virus/Security Suit
These are the Anti-Virus programs that I have tried.

Reasons why I don't want these:AVG: It slows down my computers performance.
Panda: This program cuts off my access to our network. (Internet)
Nod32: I just don't like this one.
Norton: This one blocked me accessing our Router, to renew my IP address.
Thanks guys :)

Edited by -Sky- (see edit history)

Whats wrong with Avast? (you didnt list a reason and in my experience its reliable, light and very effective.)As for firewall go with comodo (google it) Very reliable, extremely tough light on resources and configurable, and of course free!Why are you doing a reformat anyway?Just un-install your firewall (or even just set it to allow all traffic) and get a new firewall.

Norton messed with my Connection settings. I was uninstalling it, and it didn't revert to the old Firewall settings, so I had to reformat.As for Comodo, this sounds cool. I'll give it a try, and Avast also. Even though Avast never does a good enough job.-Sky

What is wrong with NOD32?It worked quite well for me. Never a problem, always 100% effective, small footprint on the box, minimal lag on updates.

well that sucks. how are you going to win the 200 credit giveaway now???

Hey Trap People. Unfortunately I won't be active maybe for the whole of today, and tomorrow, possible Monday aswell.My Internet connection has messed up due to Norton's Firewall.

Well ive heard that Norton is one of the most unreliable anti virus,

and there is a lot of way to navigate your way around the firewall and enter your computer

easily,

A hard drive wipe? why not just a system restore/recovery (if you have an HP).

then a reg clean.

But the firewall/antivirals i use it Trend Micro "Internet Security PRO",

i love it, really protective and there are constant updates and fixes.

there is also a Transaction Protector that can protect your transactions in case you got keylogged,

And im sorry that you internet is messed and everything that happened.

:]

XYRUS

Easy. :(

EDIT: Maybe, a few hours then. tongue.gif But hopefully I have fixed my problem. I just need an Anti-Virus. Can anyone kindly assist me to a perfect good fast Anti-Virus/Internet Security program?

As I said, my problem is fixed. :) I have my Security programs running smoothly and am back on again. :)

EDIT: @ T3AMTMA: Because my System Recovery would not work. And I didn't want to create a fresh Installation on the same Partition, so I reformatted my Hard-Drive. :D

Edited by -Sky- (see edit history)

Removing Norton Internet Security is not easy. A long time ago I used to sell and recommend McAfee as the best antivirus package around. Then Norton became the standard, and McAfee fell away, not being as popular. Norton became flavor of the year for several years, and I started selling and recommending it over McAfee. But I stopped recommending it in 2003, and every version of Norton has been pretty lame ever since then, IMHO. The worst of all is the Norton Internet Security suites, and even Symantec themselves seem to acknowledge this. They have released a separate file, called "Remove Norton Internet Security" or RNIS for short. This needs to be downloaded and run in order to successfully uninstall Norton Internet Security. There are many versions of RNIS available on the Internet, depending on the edition of Norton Internet Security that you have installed on your computer. But a good place to start is with this tool from the Symantec website.

For myself, I have used the same antivirus program for many years now, and it doesn't need regular signature updates. It uses generic technology to identify viruses and other nasties by recognizing software behavior patterns, rather than by comparing to a virus-specific information database. It is similar to the Heuristic scanner of other antivirus packages, that can identify an infection even before a specific signature file update is released for it. What's more, it isn't bloatware like the other popular antivirus packages are. I don't normally advertise what antivirus package I use on my own computers, but if you're interested in this, -Sky- then send me a PM and I'll give you a link.

travstatesmen, Norton is gone now. I did a full System Wipe yesterday, so I have not got an Anti-Virus at the moment.I will download one today. :)As for this thread, now...it can be closed. :)Jl, please close this? Thanks-Sky

Topic is resolved.Please PM any moderator to continue this discussion. Until then, this topic is closed.