xisto Community
nyy26

Nfl Thread post your nfl news, thoughts and predictions here

Rex Ryan has emerged as the front runner for the Jet's head coaching vacancy. Jets owner Woody Johnson and general manager Mike Tannenbaum met with Baltimore Ravens defensive coordinator Rex Ryan for five hours Sunday in Baltimore and the two sides hit it off in a big way, according to a person with knowledge of the meeting. That person spoke on the condition of anonymity because he's not authorized to speak for Ryan or the Jets. Ryan, whose 3-4 defense has forced eight turnovers in two postseason games and ranked second in the NFL this past season, also interviewed with the Rams Sunday. He's the eighth candidate interviewed by the Jets. "Rex likes the owner," the person said. "He was impressed that the owner flew down to meet with him. The Jets were very serious. I can tell you that Rex is leaning toward the Jets and the Jets are leaning toward Rex. "In fact, the Jets told Rex that they're prepared to wait until after the Super Bowl to hire him if they have to." The Ravens play the Steelers next Sunday in Pittsburgh for the AFC Championship. The Jets, who fired Eric Mangini on Dec. 29, have been eager to speak with Ryan for some time. They requested permission to interview him more than a week and a half ago. If the Jets hire Ryan, it'll be interesting to see what happens to offensive coordinator Brian Schottenheimer, who was the previous front-runner. The Jets like Schottenheimer and will likely try hard to keep him. Ryan has aready said he would seriously consider keeping Schottenheimer. Going with Ryan instead of Giants defensive coordinator Steve Spagnuolo makes sense because the Ravens play a 3-4 scheme and the Jets won't have to change their defense. Thus far, the Jets have interviewed in-house Schottenheimer and Bill Callahan, Spagnuolo, Ryan, Stanford head coach Jim Harbaugh, former Boston College head coach Jeff Jagodzinski, Cardinals assistant head coach Russ Grimm and Colts defensive coordinator Ron Meeks. Former Ravens head coach Brian Billick is a longshot candidate and may not even get an interview with the Jets, the person said. I don't want him in new york anyway.

ARIZONA - PHILIDELPHIA PREVIEW

The Cardinals are preparing to face a defense that destroyed them on Thanksgiving night. The Cardinals played the Giants the previous week and then made the cross-country flight to Philly, but the results are still instructive. Johnson brought his usual 15 to 20 blitz packages to the game and was in Warner's head from the start. Warner had three interceptions in that game and a 65.7 passer rating. They dusted off Edgerrin James and he gained 57 yards on 20 carries in the win over the Panthers. I'm glad to see Edge back, but he won't be able to do anything against an Eagles defense that held both Adrian Peterson and Brandon Jacobs to under 100 yards. Johnson's not going to let Larry Fitzgerald beat him. He'll let Asante Samuel follow him around and he'll provide safety help over the top. You'll also see Johnson use some safety blitzes, which will force Warner to work the middle of the field instead of launching jump balls down the sideline to Fitzgerald. Let's just stick with the offensive lines here since I think the defensive lines aren't too far apart. The Eagles are old at tackle with Tra Thomas and Jon Runyan, but that also means they have a lot of experience. Jared Allen had two sacks in the Minnesota game, but one of them doesn't count against Thomas because Donovan McNabb had plenty of time to deliver the ball.

Pro Bowl right guard Shawn Andrews has returned to practice, but I'm not sure the Eagles need him right now. Out of nowhere, Nick Cole has stepped in and is doing a solid job. He's been really effective swinging out on screen plays. Center Jamaal Jackson has started every game the past three seasons and doesn't get enough credit. The Eagles aren't bothered by loud, domed stadiums, in part, because they spend a lot of time on silent counts. I have tremendous respect for the work of Cardinals defensive coordinator Clancy Pendergast. He just flat-out confused the Carolina Panthers and his ability to change things up from week to week makes this a formidable unit. That said, Westbrook needs only one breakdown to make you pay. The Giants actually did a nice job of accounting for him the entire game. They lost because Eli Manning folded in the face of a superb defense. Eagles coach Andy Reid and his trusty sidekick, Marty Mornhinweg, will try to create matchup problems for the Cardinals by splitting out Westbrook on some plays. Westbrook needs to have at least 25 touches in this game. As he showed against the Vikings, he can go off at any minute. He's become a very patient back who doesn't become frustrated if he's stopped at the line of scrimmage several times. The Cardinals have some very athletic linebackers, but they don't want to be one-on-one with Westbrook in the open field. The entire unit will have to be rallying to the ball .

ARIZONA - PHILIDELPHIA PREVIEW

The Cardinals are preparing to face a defense that destroyed them on Thanksgiving night. The Cardinals played the Giants the previous week and then made the cross-country flight to Philly, but the results are still instructive. Johnson brought his usual 15 to 20 blitz packages to the game and was in Warner's head from the start. Warner had three interceptions in that game and a 65.7 passer rating. They dusted off Edgerrin James and he gained 57 yards on 20 carries in the win over the Panthers. I'm glad to see Edge back, but he won't be able to do anything against an Eagles defense that held both Adrian Peterson and Brandon Jacobs to under 100 yards. Johnson's not going to let Larry Fitzgerald beat him. He'll let Asante Samuel follow him around and he'll provide safety help over the top. You'll also see Johnson use some safety blitzes, which will force Warner to work the middle of the field instead of launching jump balls down the sideline to Fitzgerald. Let's just stick with the offensive lines here since I think the defensive lines aren't too far apart. The Eagles are old at tackle with Tra Thomas and Jon Runyan, but that also means they have a lot of experience. Jared Allen had two sacks in the Minnesota game, but one of them doesn't count against Thomas because Donovan McNabb had plenty of time to deliver the ball.

Pro Bowl right guard Shawn Andrews has returned to practice, but I'm not sure the Eagles need him right now. Out of nowhere, Nick Cole has stepped in and is doing a solid job. He's been really effective swinging out on screen plays. Center Jamaal Jackson has started every game the past three seasons and doesn't get enough credit. The Eagles aren't bothered by loud, domed stadiums, in part, because they spend a lot of time on silent counts. I have tremendous respect for the work of Cardinals defensive coordinator Clancy Pendergast. He just flat-out confused the Carolina Panthers and his ability to change things up from week to week makes this a formidable unit. That said, Westbrook needs only one breakdown to make you pay. The Giants actually did a nice job of accounting for him the entire game. They lost because Eli Manning folded in the face of a superb defense. Eagles coach Andy Reid and his trusty sidekick, Marty Mornhinweg, will try to create matchup problems for the Cardinals by splitting out Westbrook on some plays. Westbrook needs to have at least 25 touches in this game. As he showed against the Vikings, he can go off at any minute. He's become a very patient back who doesn't become frustrated if he's stopped at the line of scrimmage several times. The Cardinals have some very athletic linebackers, but they don't want to be one-on-one with Westbrook in the open field. The entire unit will have to be rallying to the ball .

That game will most likely be one if not the best game all year I feel. Myself really don't care who will win or lose it though being all my teams are out :P as for what you said of Eli?

Eli Manning foldrf in the face of a superb defence

Not only did he fold be the whole team folded. It Stunk. reminded me of Dare I say pop warner flag football. But no matter who wills AFC or NFC it was a good season, and ,myself all I can say is Bring On baseball.

I feel. Myself really don't care who will win or lose it though being all my teams are out :P as for what you said of Eli? Not only did he fold be the whole team folded.... all I can say is Bring On baseball.

I agree with you on both points. Although i might be rooting for the Steelers so that the Jets could bring in Ryan sooner.

Honestly I don't think anyone has a chance at stopping the Eagles now, let a lone the Cardinals... -While the Cardinals shocked the world beating Carolina in the second round they really have Delhomme to thank for it...-The Only games i watched the Cardinals play was against Dallas where they broke my QB's pinky -.-... and then they only beat the Cowboys in overtime...-The Eagles took the same team in week 17 and my QB back, and stomped us by more than 30 points...-After the Cowboys, the Eagles went on to take down the Giants, who were given top O-line honors by ESPN magazine... -It's been brought to my attention that both of the Steelers post season games ended at the 1 yard line, not to mention all of them winding down in the 4th quarter, so if a team(like the Ravens) can get ahead early they should be fine...-The Eagles have Donavan McNabb, and I just can't see Flacco holding it together once(if) he gets to the Super Bowl... Being a Cowboys fan it breaks my heart to say this, but it looks to me that the Eagles finally have a Super Bowl.... :P

The Tampa Bay Bucs have fired head coach Jon Gruden after Jets-like end to the season (9-3 to 9-7). Gruden was 57-55 as head coach of the Bucs, lead them to playoffs 3 times and won a Super Bowl. Does this throw a supposed monkey wrench into the Jets? plans to hire Grimm, Ryan, Schottenheimer or Spags as head coach? Will they now reach out to a big name coach with Super Bowl win on his resume who has history with Favre? Would they try to make up for the Cowher slight by bringing in such an ?engaging? personality? Also, an important question for any head coach candidate: what defense would Gruden bring in? Obviously, in Tampa he inherted Tampa 2 personnel and Monte Kiffin, so he stuck with it, but what would he do with the defensive personnel at hand? I dont want to see the Jets hire him. I also dont want to see Brian Schottenheimer bolt for Tampa.

Here an opinion on how the next nfl draft will work out. the last few picks are suject to change, depending on how the rest of the playoffs work out. Here it is:Detroit Lions: Matt Stafford, QB, Georgia With Sam Bradford electing to come back for his redshirt junior season at Oklahoma, the Lions might as well begin printing up Matt Stafford jerseys. Stafford's a near-lock to be chosen first overall. Also, Lions owner William Darth Clay Sidious Ford doesn't really care about winning. He just wants money. What brings in more money than a rookie signal caller? Everyone in Detroit will be lining up to buy the new Matt Stafford jersey, especially if he appears to be as promising as Matt Ryan. The Lions can get a quality tackle with Dallas' choice or in the No. 33 slot. Assuming most of the junior quarterbacks remain in school, they won't have the chance to secure a top-rated signal-caller in the 2009 NFL Draft. St. Louis Rams: Andre Smith, OT, Alabama No surprise that Andre Smith declared for the NFL Draft. He won't be downgraded for his suspension in the Airborne Formula Sugar Bowl. Michael Oher could be chosen here, but I went with Smith because the Rams need an upgrade at right tackle until Orlando Pace moves on. At that point, Smith could shift over or just stay at his position. It's been widely publicized that the Rams were ready to pounce on Jake Long if he slipped past the Dolphins. That's understandable, as the injury-ridden Orlando Pace (yes, he's hurt again - what a surprise) will turn 34 during the early stages of the 2009 season, while oft-penalized Alex Barron looks like he's getting benched in favor of guard Jacob Bell, yet another bust acquisition by the Rams. St. Louis needs to draft an offensive tackle as early as possible. Kansas City Chiefs: Mark Sanchez, QB, USC With Sam Bradford going back to school, this selection has become a lot more difficult to predict. A lot of mocks have Aaron Curry going here. I don't see that happening. The last time a player who wasn't a quarterback, running back, receiver, offensive tackle, defensive end or under tackle was chosen in the top three selections was LaVar Arrington (Redskins, 2000). I think Scott Pioli is a slightly better drafter than Daniel Snyder. Assuming the Chiefs go to a 3-4 with Pioli, Curry would be an inside linebacker for them. With trading down nearly impossible at No. 3 (no owner will want to trade up and pay tons of money to an unproven player in this economy), it's safe to say Curry won't be chosen. With Larry Johnson still on the books, I think you can eliminate Wells and Moreno. Wide receiver isn't a prime need, so the Crabtree selection becomes unlikely. A left tackle could happen - the Chiefs would move Branden Albert inside. Orakpo is probably out because he struggled against Alex Boone in the Doritos Fiesta Bowl. Brown is a stronger possibility if he has a great performance at the Combine. The Chiefs are likely to switch to the 3-4, and Brown, a nasty pass rusher coming off a huge year, would fit in perfectly. However, I'm going with Sanchez. A new regime almost always equals a new quarterback. Sanchez is a hot commodity, coming off a brilliant performance at the Rose Bowl, sponsored by Kraft. The knock on him is the lack of experience, but going 28-of-35 for 413 yards and four touchdowns against Penn State pretty much quelled those concerns. If I were running the Chiefs, I'd continue to go with Tyler Thigpen. Thigpen did a remarkable job as the full-time quarterback, commanding Kansas City's offense to 21.6 points per game since Oct. 26. I know he was guilty of a lot of turnovers, but this was essentially his rookie year. He also had a weak running game and a pedestrian offensive line. He'll continue to get better. Seattle Seahawks: Michael Crabtree, WR, Texas Tech It's pretty much a lock that the Seahawks will choose Michael Crabtree with this selection. Bobby Engram, 36, will be hitting free agency. Deion Branch, who is always hurt, could be a cap casualty. Nate Burleson stinks and is coming off a torn ACL. The rest of the wideouts are terrible. If the Seahawks don't address the position, they can have fun struggling offensively next season.Cleveland Browns: Aaron Curry, ILB, Wake Forest With the hiring of Eric Mangini and the continued use of the 3-4 defense, it looks like this selection will come down to one of three players: Brian Orakpo, Aaron Curry or Everette Brown. The Browns need help throughout their linebacking corps, so either one of the three would make sense. I'm saying it'll be Curry, who will be an instant upgrade in the middle of the 3-4. Orakpo played poorly in the Doritos Fiesta Bowl, while Brown at No. 5 will be a bit of a reach until he blows everyone away at the Combine. Cincinnati Bengals: Michael Oher, OT, Ole Miss I find it remarkable that the Bengals finished the year on a 4-3-1 run. With Ryan Fitzpatrick, Cedric Benson and an inept offensive line that allowed 51 sacks running the show, how did the Bengals win more than two games? In all seriousness, the Bengals need to improve their pass protection if they want to contend next year. With Carson Palmer coming back from his elbow injury, Cincinnati cannot afford to have him get hurt again. Oakland Raiders: Eugene Monroe, OT, Virginia If Michael Crabtree somehow makes it past Kansas City, Seattle, Cleveland and Cincinnati, which is very unlikely, the Raiders will draft him. Unfortunately for the Silver and Black faithful, that's not very realistic. Oakland needs to improve its offensive line. I know Mario Henderson played well toward the end of the year, but he's not a franchise left tackle that a No. 1 overall quarterback deserves. Unless some defensive player dazzles at the Combine and runs a really quick 40, Undead Al will probably choose the best tackle available. Jacksonville Jaguars: Jason Smith, OT, Baylor David Garrard's interception total has soared from three to 13 in just one year. But don't blame him. He was knocked down more than any other quarterback this season. And according to the sacks totals allowed by NFL left tackles, Khalif Barnes was one of the league's worst, surrendering 7.5 sacks. Jacksonville must take care of its franchise quarterback. The team desperately needs to upgrade Garrard's blind side. Green Bay Packers: Malcolm Jenkins, CB, Ohio State This could be Brian Orakpo, but given how much he struggled against Alex Boone in the Doritos Fiesta Bowl, Malcolm Jenkins could be higher on Green Bay's draft board. Besides, it's not like the Packers don't need corner help; excluding Tramon Williams, they have two ancient guys at the position, one of whom (Al Harris) told the media that he doesn't expect to be back. Charles Woodson, meanwhile, turns 33 soon, so he won't be able to play corner much longer. He moved to safety in 2008, and will likely stay there on a full-time basis sometime soon, if not right away. San Francisco 49ers: Everette Brown, DE/OLB, Florida State Manny Lawson has been a bust in terms of his ability to get to the quarterback. While Parys Haralson evolved into a dependable pass-rusher, Lawson has compiled six career sacks in 32 games. Terrible. It's time for the 49ers to move on in terms of finding a dynamic sack artist. Everette Brown would be a nice solution; he fits the scheme and he finished the year with 21.5 TFL and 13.5 sacks. Buffalo Bills: Brian Orakpo, DE, Texas One of the reasons Buffalo collapsed from a 5-1 record and maintained the same draft position it had in April 2008 is its lacking pass rush. The team finished with 24 sacks on the year, and no player had more than four. I know Aaron Schobel missed most of the year, but the Bills had similar problems even when he was in the lineup. Though he struggled in the Doritos Fiesta Bowl, Brian Orakpo had a brilliant senior campaign, finishing with 15.5 TFL and 10.5 sacks in 11 games. Denver Broncos: Rey Maualuga, ILB, USC Mike Shanahan was fired, and Wade Phillips wasn't? What's going on here? Josh McDaniels was hired as the head coach, and he brought on Mike Nolan as his defensive coordinator. Nolan will implement his 3-4 defense, meaning the Broncos will be busy scouring for the right personnel to fit that scheme in the next two drafts. They can start by selecting Rey Maualuga, the top pure 3-4 inside linebacker on the board. Maybe he can help the team rank outside the bottom five in defense for the first time in ages. Washington Redskins: Eben Britton, OT, ArizonaThe Redskins have major problems at right tackle. Jon Jansen, who turns 33 in January, is playing on his last legs. Eben Britton would fit in well on the right side, and could potentially slide over to the blind side once Samuels' time is up. New Orleans Saints: James Laurinaitis, ILB, Ohio State It's going to be tough for the Saints to retain Jonathan Vilma. Should they extend Vilma or re-sign him prior to the opening day of free agency, they'll be forced to forfeit a No. 1 selection. They can always re-sign him in March and shift him over to weakside linebacker, however.Regardless, New Orleans really needs an upgrade at middle linebacker. The way I see it, this selection is James Laurinaitis in all likelihood, with Brandon Spikes and Taylor Mays returning to school. Houston Texans: William Moore, S, Missouri Defensive end is definitely an option here (Aaron Maybin or Michael Johnson), but Houston's secondary has been an abomination for years and has always missed a ball-hawking leader. William Moore can be that guy. Vontae Davis is also a major option if Dunta Robinson is let go. San Diego Chargers: Chris Wells, RB, Ohio State It's amazing how much can change in half a year. In August, LaDainian Tomlinson was going first in nine out of 10 fantasy football drafts. Now, there's speculation that Tomlinson could be let go. RotoWorld, meanwhile, reported that several NFL executives don't believe LT2 is even worth a Day 1 selection at this point. With Darren Sproles also hitting free agency, the Chargers need to secure a top-tier running back in April's draft. New York Jets: Vontae Davis, CB, Illinois A few days prior to the Jets-49ers game, I wrote a short column for USA Today's Sports Weekly, opining that Shaun Hill was a great fantasy start that weekend. My reasoning was that the Jets gave out 240-yard passing performances like candy on Halloween. Hill went on to throw for 285 yards and two touchdowns. That's one of about 5,000 examples that proves the Jets desperately need corner help.Chicago Bears: Michael Johnson, DE, Georgia Tech The Bears really need help at receiver, and with mega-talents like Jeremy Maclin and Percy Harvin on the board, choosing one of them is a possibility. But I doubt Chicago does that. The Bears will upgrade their perennial strengths - the offensive line and defense - before anything else. It sounds weird to say this, but the Bears need help at defensive end. Prior to playing the Rams, who count more as a Big XII team than an NFL squad, starters Alex Brown and Adewale Ogunleye had just five combined sacks in 10 games. Mark Anderson, meanwhile, recorded only one sack. Chicago needs to upgrade its pass rush. Everyone talks about Michael Johnson not performing up to his physical talents, but the athletic end recorded 15 tackles for loss, seven sacks and seven passes broken up. Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Knowshon Moreno, RB, Georgia When Cadillac Williams went down with yet another injury, I immediately thought of giving the Buccaneers a running back at No. 19. With Earnest Graham coming off injury, Warrick Dunn turning 34 and Cadillac a virtual unknown, Tampa Bay really needs help at running back. Knowshon Moreno is a steal here. He and Chris Wells would be top-10 prospects if the need for running backs hadn't diminished. Detroit Lions: William Beatty, OT, Connecticut Is this a bit of a reach? I think so. But as we saw last year, the offensive tackle position is in such high demand that teams don't really have a choice but to target those players early. See Sam Baker and Duane Brown as prime examples. The Lions surrendered 52 sacks in 2008. They desperately need a dominant left tackle, allowing Jeff Backus to slide inside. Arizona Cardinals: LeSean McCoy, RB, Pittsburgh The Cardinals were somehow able to run the ball at Carolina, but that doesn't change the fact that they need an upgrade in the backfield. Edgerrin James' days in Arizona are numbered, while Tim Hightower does too much dancing around. I also considered Aaron Maybin here. Minnesota Vikings: D.J. Moore, CB, Vanderbilt I really want to give the Vikings an offensive tackle, but with all of the top-tier players at that position off the board, Minnesota could look to address its second greatest need, which is cornerback. Cedric Griffin has had an up-and-down season, and Minnesota simply needs more consistency in its defensive backfield. D.J. Moore's dynamic return ability makes this pick more lucrative. New England Patriots: Aaron Maybin, DE/OLB, Penn State Bill Belichick added a young inside linebacker to his roster last April. He may look to upgrade the exterior this time around. The Patriots struggled to put pressure on the quarterback at times (31 sacks) and Mike Vrabel, though still dependable, will be 34 in August. Something has to be done about this. Atlanta Falcons: B.J. Raji, NT, Boston College Atlanta did an incredible job rebounding off its disastrous 2007 season. The team barely has any holes left on its roster, but one glaring one is at nose tackle, which is the main reason why they couldn't contain Arizona's woeful rushing attack. Miami Dolphins: Duke Robinson, G, Oklahoma The Dolphins can take care of a huge hole at left guard by drafting Duke Robinson in this spot. With Jake Long and Robinson on the left side, Miami would boast one of the elite rushing attacks in the league. Baltimore Ravens: Jeremy Maclin, WR, Missouri Mark Clayton has started playing really well lately, but with Derrick Mason, who just turned 35, a year away from hitting free agency, it's time the Ravens begin developing their next No. 1 receiver for Joe Flacco. Indianapolis Colts: Peria Jerry, DT, Ole Miss Both sides of Indianapolis' run defense has to be addressed. Defensive tackle has always been a problem for the Colts, especially after the Ed Johnson marijuana scandal. I could see the Colts taking the best available player in terms of a running back, defensive tackle or offensive tackle. Philadelphia Eagles: Brandon Pettigrew, TE, Oklahoma State According to 610 WIP, the Eagles tried to deal for Kellen Winslow Jr. prior to the trade deadline. If they're so desperate for a tight end, they have to take one early in the 2009 NFL Draft, right? It's no surprise the Eagles wanted Winslow so bad; it's pretty much a miracle when L.J. Smith doesn't drop a pass. When Andy Reid franchised him last spring, I really questioned the move. Big Red won't make the same mistake twice.New York Giants: Paul Kruger, DE, Utah This pick really depends on what the Giants do with Mathias Kiwanuka once Osi Umenyiora comes back. If they bring Kiwanuka back to strongside linebacker, they'll likely take a defensive end in Round 1. If they keep Kiwanuka up front, they'll choose a linebacker like Clint Sintim or Brian Cushing. Wide receiver is also an option, but this draft is so deep at the position that the Giants can take someone like Kenny Britt, Hakeem Nicks or Brandon LaFell in the second round. Tennessee Titans: Percy Harvin, WR, Florida Yeah, I know... the Titans don't draft receivers. Hey, miracles can happen, and maybe they'll be embarrassed because everyone made fun of them for not taking one last year. In all seriousness, Tennessee has proven in the past that they look for skill-position players with great 40 times. Percy Harvin would qualify for that. Philadelphia Eagles: Phil Loadholt, OT, Oklahoma Andy Reid loves large offensive linemen. Whatever the reason may be - some argue that he's insecure about being the only massive man in the room - you have to believe that Reid will draft two mammoth linemen in the first three rounds. Like the Lions-William Beatty pick, this is a reach. But as I noted, expect teams to reach for tackles come April. Pittsburgh Steelers: Alex Mack, C, California The fact that the top guards and tackles are off the board shouldn't deter the Steelers from drafting a lineman. They need all the help up front that they can get. Alex Mack, whom many consider to be one of the top center prospects in a very long time, could be next in the line of great centers who have played in Pittsburgh.

This is something that caught my attention. Not only does Julius Peppers want out of Carolina, but he wants to play linebacker in the 3-4 defense. Get on the horn Mike Tannenbaum! He apparently also doesn’t want to play for any team that uses a 4-3 defense. His agent Carl Carey said on saturday that “He certainly feels that he can excel and thrive in a 3-4 defense,” This narrows significantly the field of potential suitors, and reduces Peppers’ overall leverage. So maybe a 3-4 defensive isn’t a dealbreaker. “He is also open to just another system in general that will allow him to maximize his athletic abilities,” Carey added. It’s unclear whether Peppers envisions himself a defensive end or a linebacker in a 3-4 set. As a linebacker, he’d assume a three-point stance and rush the quarterback on passing downs. As a defensive end, his role on many plays would be to tie up blockers so that linebackers could pursue the ball. Peppers’ stance virtually guarantees that the Panthers will apply the franchise tag to Peppers, and then the Panthers likely will trade him to a new team, which would sign him to a monster deal. With the likely hireing of Rex Ryan as the Jets head coach, i dont see why Julius Peppers would want to play anywhere else (except the Patriots) and i dont see any way the Jets wont want him.

Edited by nyy26 (see edit history)

Dood the Broncos firing mike Channahan was definitely a stupid move. Mike has always been one of the most innnovative coaches in the league last year coming up with an entirely new way to freeze a kicker that a nmber of other coaches immediatly picked up... Wade Phillips however has done an amazing job this season when you look at the Cowboys Roster and notice that over half of the team was sidleined or playing injured through most of the year, and the Cowboys Still put up more sacks than anyone else in the league. at the beginning of week 15 against the Giants Manning had been sacked 16 times and at the end of the day 24... When Wade calls the shots our defense shines, or defensive coordinator on the other hand... on a final note i would HATE to see Dallas give up Choice, especially after all the work he did for us when MAaon got injured... I will be a Tashard CHoice fan for the rest of his career or the rest of my life...Someone told me the Cowboys were releasing Terrell Owens which would be another stupid move for the Cowboys as his mere presence alleviates pressure from other recievers...Next year when Williams knows the play book and the offense is comfortable with him we'll see a LOT more of him to come and I for one look forward to it...Bottom line is the Cowboys Ddnt make the play-offs because of injuries... and a few key plays made it look a LOT worse than it was...

The New York Jets announced that Rex Ryan has been hired as the Jets head coach. The announcement was made by Chairman and CEO Woody Johnson and Executive Vice President/General Manager Mike Tannenbaum. Ryan will be introduced during a 10AM press conference on Wednesday, Jan. 21, at the Atlantic Health Jets Training Center in Florham Park, NJ. ?Rex is revered by his players and respected by his peers around the NFL for his innovative schemes,? Johnson said. ?There is no doubt in my mind that Rex has the expertise and instincts to build on the foundation that we have in place and take this franchise to the ranks of the NFL?s elite. He will bring an aggressive, physical brand of football that will captivate our fans and ignite their passion. I appreciate Mike Tannenbaum and all those involved for the time and energy they invested during this search. Thanks to their efforts, we got the right man for the job.? ?I?d like to thank Woody Johnson and Mike Tannenbaum for this once-in-a-lifetime opportunity,? said Ryan. ?It?s been a dream of mine to become a head coach in the NFL. Coming here to the New York Jets, where my father once coached and was part of the Super Bowl III staff, is fantastic. I look around at the facilities and the people they have in place and see a first-class organization. I?m just proud to be part of it.?